Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

But i'm pretty sure he's said somewhere that he likes voicing Theron and wants to keep doing it, so i doubt that's the reason for the kill / exile option.

I can't find any interviews of Troy Baker discussing SWTOR :confused:

Do you know when he has talked about it?

I can't find any interviews of Troy Baker discussing SWTOR :confused:

Do you know when he has talked about it?

Hm i don't think it was an interview per se, but more answering a fan's question, maybe it's somewhere in this thread but i absolutely don't remember when it was, so it may be difficult to find, and i'm not entirely sure i remember correctly what was said tbh.

Edited by Goreshaga

My cynical view is that they wanted to please the "wanna kill everyone, especially male LIs" edgelord demographic who already wanted to kill him for some reason, and focus even more on the favorite waifu

I feel like the current dev. team are in their own little dudebro bubble, starting with 4.0. The great imbalance they made between Lana and Theron. No kill option on Ashara. 2 new female dancer decos, no new male ones. 3 reasonable female flirts on Ossus vs. only General Shark. To be frank, nearly all of the newer content has attractive female NPCs, but attractive males are few and far between. Instead we get "interesting" species or mostly machines. They were surprised anyone would be interested in Rivix. They planned to release the swimsuit as female only and changed it to gender neutral after complaints.

It's all adding up and wearing me down. If they really do bring back Vaylin and let guys flirt with her, I might blow a gasket!

Amen to both these replies.

I wish I had the skill, money and influence to make a SW game which embraced that fact that there are many gamers outside the "edgelords-dudebro-kill-everything-other-like-bubble" who love to play, value consistency in the story and actually prefer our romance options to live.

And I'm betting they bring back Vaylin next year and completely leave out Theron to rub it in that the don't care about our enjoyment or welcoming our money

I feel like the current dev. team are in their own little dudebro bubble, starting with 4.0. The great imbalance they made between Lana and Theron. No kill option on Ashara. 2 new female dancer decos, no new male ones. 3 reasonable female flirts on Ossus vs. only General Shark. To be frank, nearly all of the newer content has attractive female NPCs, but attractive males are few and far between. Instead we get "interesting" species or mostly machines. They were surprised anyone would be interested in Rivix. They planned to release the swimsuit as female only and changed it to gender neutral after complaints.

It's all adding up and wearing me down. If they really do bring back Vaylin and let guys flirt with her, I might blow a gasket!

Yeah seems like it.

Don't forget with SotE, they gave at least a [flirt] for both Rivix and Krovos on imp side, but pub side, only with Sal-Deron on the very first meeting, and even the non flirt answer sounded very flirty to me, and still nothing with Arn when they said he could become an option.

Amen to both these replies.

And I'm betting they bring back Vaylin next year and completely leave out Theron to rub it in that the don't care about our enjoyment or welcoming our money

As one who was all for giving her fans a bonus companion but completely against bringing her back in the story for everyone (first i don't like her, and it'd be nice if the characters who are dead for everyone could stay dead for once, especially if they can't find a way to give a bigger role to the potentially dead ones for people who didn't kill them), i'll be extremely pissed if she gets a big role with romance and all, while they throw Theron in the bin.

Replaying Rishi as an Imperial, after your first strike against the Nova Blades you go back to get an update with Theron and Lana. Theron congratulates you on the mission. Your first dialogue choice is bravado, "Of course" as the option "You were expecting otherwise?" as the cinematic. Both you and Theron then spend the rest of the conversation scene with your arms folded staring at each other like two Alphas battling for dominance.

Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is. Folded arms could just mean folded arms to be comfortable, but I like the imagery after that dialogue exchange. His blushing attraction denial on Manaan is cute, but maybe this is where he falls in love with you as an Imperial.

As Republic he's more receptive to you on your second meeting in the Republic Fleet cantina.

Replaying Rishi as an Imperial, after your first strike against the Nova Blades you go back to get an update with Theron and Lana. Theron congratulates you on the mission. Your first dialogue choice is bravado, "Of course" as the option "You were expecting otherwise?" as the cinematic. Both you and Theron then spend the rest of the conversation scene with your arms folded staring at each other like two Alphas battling for dominance.

Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is. Folded arms could just mean folded arms to be comfortable, but I like the imagery after that dialogue exchange. His blushing attraction denial on Manaan is cute, but maybe this is where he falls in love with you as an Imperial.

As Republic he's more receptive to you on your second meeting in the Republic Fleet cantina.

Theron and Lana thought of the idea of "cannibal pirate" so my agent always put on the "sexy cannibal pirate so hot ppl would beg him to eat their liver" outfit. It makes Rishi more interesting then it is. It's no joke when the agent said "so coy, someone in the SIS has a crush on me" on Mannan lol

Theron and Lana thought of the idea of "cannibal pirate" so my agent always put on the "sexy cannibal pirate so hot ppl would beg him to eat their liver" outfit. It makes Rishi more interesting then it is. It's no joke when the agent said "so coy, someone in the SIS has a crush on me" on Mannan lol

I need to see a screenshot of this...

Revealing Bodysuit is a good look. I didn't have black dye back then, black patent leather and blood red pants look really good on pureblood Sith:

https://imgur.com/2PKddjY

I also just got my new Inquisitor to the Theron Marriage Scene today. Had to suffer through kofet chapter I-IX to make sure the romance is locked. But it's worthwhile. Look at how cute and happy he is seeing Theron (sadly the Shikaakwan Royalty helmet is gone in the cutscene or he'll be cuter):

https://imgur.com/9zWPaF8

When my first group of characters went through Eternal Throne I didn't change any Companion outfits. For my second group I'm considering changing Theron's. What happens to the outfit during the "incident" afterwards? Does he revert back to his original outfit in the cinematics? What about during his haircut phase? What about when he comes back? If he reverts to his haircut outfit is there an opportunity to change him back before the proposal scene? The most important question is out of game what happens to the outfit when he comes back. Is it still in his inventory, appear in my inventory, or is it gone?

When my first group of characters went through Eternal Throne I didn't change any Companion outfits. For my second group I'm considering changing Theron's. What happens to the outfit during the "incident" afterwards? Does he revert back to his original outfit in the cinematics? What about during his haircut phase? What about when he comes back? If he reverts to his haircut outfit is there an opportunity to change him back before the proposal scene? The most important question is out of game what happens to the outfit when he comes back. Is it still in his inventory, appear in my inventory, or is it gone?

When he comes back at the end of Nathema, he wears his grey coat (the outfit similar to the Deep Cover Operative set), with the new haircut as a customization.

I don't think you can change any of that before the end of the cutscene as you only get him back as a permanent companion during the last cutscene. But you can change his outfit and remove the hair customization as soon as he's back as a permanent companion, or leave the outfit or the hair if you want to keep any of these.

For instance, i kept the hair, and gave him the Frontline Slicer set, and i think he looks pretty good like that.

If you put outfit on your comp, when they temporary leave and come back with a new outfit, the old outfit will show up in your inventory right before they're back (which also spoil the surprise but you can't expect the dev to be smarter).

I so want to change the ugly hairstay because how dare Theron to propose with that hair!!! lol

I so want to change the ugly hairstay because how dare Theron to propose with that hair!!! lol

Same here! I was very annoyed that his hairstyle stayed in that mess for the cutscene we'd all been waiting for.

If you put outfit on your comp, when they temporary leave and come back with a new outfit, the old outfit will show up in your inventory right before they're back (which also spoil the surprise but you can't expect the dev to be smarter).

Ok, so in order to keep the new outfit out of game I have to switch him back before starting the incident. Doable.

Alternative since I opened up the outfit for all my characters I can just make a new copy if I want him still wearing it on the train before the incident.

Same here! I was very annoyed that his hairstyle stayed in that mess for the cutscene we'd all been waiting for.

Agent: "Theron, I can't marry you unless you let me shave your head." *takes out the "display your class move" bayonet*

Theron: "S-sure, love, whatever you say."

Ok, so in order to keep the new outfit out of game I have to switch him back before starting the incident. Doable.

Alternative since I opened up the outfit for all my characters I can just make a new copy if I want him still wearing it on the train before the incident.

I don't think you can do it because his look was changed automatically by the system AFTER you lost him as an companion post Umbara. And since he won't be your companion again AFTER the marriage cutscene, there is nothing you can do about the system assigned look.

I don't think you can do it because his look was changed automatically by the system AFTER you lost him as an companion post Umbara. And since he won't be your companion again AFTER the marriage cutscene, there is nothing you can do about the system assigned look.

You can use him as a Companion when the story finishes. I can deal you can't change his outfit before the proposal, but he's a normal Companion afterwards, so there's no reason why you can't change his outfit then.

If people played incorrectly on choosing the wrong choices at the end of the incident so that he's no longer a Companion, that's on them.

Edited by Hadsil

You can use him as a Companion when the story finishes. I can deal you can't change his outfit before the proposal, but he's a normal Companion afterwards, so there's no reason why you can't change his outfit then.

If people played incorrectly on choosing the wrong choices at the end of the incident so that he's no longer a Companion, that's on them.

They made it so you can't change a companion's outfit before they join as permanent companions, when Theron leaves on Umbara, and until he comes back at the end of Nathema, he becomes a regular NPC, he comes back as a permanent companion after the last cutscene of the Nathema Conspiracy, so after the proposal, that's only then that you can change his outfit again.

So everybody is stuck with the hairstyle and grey outfit for the proposal.

Oh, yeah, that's what I meant. I misread your post because I just woke up lol

I change his outfit the moment I could.

Mira's Jacket+Expert Outlaw is a sexy look on Theron. That choker is *chef kiss*

https://i.imgur.com/CVo50VL.jpg

I think I'm the only person who loves the haircut and the new clothes. I stick a Black/Red dye in them and rock and roll. :D

Nah i kept the haircut as well, wasn't too fan at the begining and kept it mostly because i liked the more visible scars around the implants and the darker hair color, but the style itself grew on me, and i always leave it now. Actually, i think i came to like it more than the original one.

But i don't like the outfit, and change to Frontline Slicer as soon as i can.

Edited by Goreshaga

I always thought Theron's OG style didn't really fit him, as if he was trying to look like and be what others expected to see. After the Nathema arc, its like he said, "OK I've finally found my real home with the people who'll have my back and accept whatever it is I am. I can wear my hair how I want and not have to conform to standards I don't want to be appreciated."

My Mando BH found that extremely sexy. ;)