HK part (Weapons Protocol) - only from Story Mode False Emperor?

TarisKnight

Hi everyone,

I was doing today the False Emperor Flashpoint on hard, also trying to get the corresponding hk part. However, it didn´t drop. Is it possible that you only get it in story mode? I am asking because I have read quite contradictory statements about that in the net. Some say yes, others insist that it drops in hard mode too. What is the case?

Cheers,

TarisKnight

False Emperor is obtained on Ilum. Head down to the planet, and when you arrive from the space station, look to your left. You'll see a base. Go inside, then head right and take the Elevator down to the lower level. Head to the right, and the instanced area to your right will be the False Emperor Flashpoint. The Imperial Guard standing next to it will give you the mission itself.

As for the Weapons Protocol, it should be dropped by HK-47 when you defeat him. False Emperor is the one that you can do in Story Mode, so it should have been there. I wish I could tell you why it wasn't, but I don't have any idea. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply and the helpful hints.

I played False Emperor again on hard mode, and this time the HK part dropped.

So, summarizingly and maybe also an interesting information for other players: I can confirm that the hk part (Weapons Protocol) drops in hard mode "False Emperor". However, for some reason, it does not drop always, even if you are at the right stage in the quest. So it must be bugged somehow - or, alternatively, there is some hidden trigger that determines whether it drops or not, but I couldn´t figure it out so far. I have one theory though, but this is speculation: it depends who first accesses the loot of HK 47. When you have a full group of 4 people, it is probable that some have the part already, and others still need it. So maybe, if one of the group members that got the part already previously access the loot first, to the others that actually need the part it won´t appear anymore. That´s the only explanation I can think of. I did two identical walkthroughs, with identical quest stages, and the only difference was that in my most recent run I "accessed" the loot first and there it appeared.

Cheers,

Tarisknight

Edited by TarisKnight

it depends who first accesses the loot of HK 47. When you have a full group of 4 people, it is probable that some have the part already, and others still need it.

This. I am fairly certain that only one piece drops from HK-47 every time you defeat him and the first person that does not have the part and loots him gets it. It does not follow the "Need/Greed" rolls since it is a "Mission Item" and thus is not Premium or higher (which is what is needed to trigger a roll.) If you set the group to "Master Looter," it shows up as an item you can give to players.

• 7 years later...
You can get the HK part in story mode or hard mode. In story mode, right after you defeat Revan and get his drop box, there is something that looks like a holotransmitter sitting on the ledge to the right of the final computer. If you click on it, you get the HK part.

You can get the HK part in story mode or hard mode. In story mode, right after you defeat Revan and get his drop box, there is something that looks like a holotransmitter sitting on the ledge to the right of the final computer. If you click on it, you get the HK part.

Things worked a little differently back in 2013 when all those other people posted on this thread.