Question about rotations and UI

Lord_Vanidas

I'm looking for information on how to set up my rotation on my hotbar. I've been consulting various guides (Vulkk, Merlyn, etc) and I know how to figure out what my ability rotation is. I just need to know the best way to customize my UI accordingly. Been googling around, and haven't had any luck. Anyone have any advice or guides to share?

Set it up any way that works for you. Keep in mind that any setup may take a while to get fluent with.

For me personally, I'm a "clicker"** (I know, I know 🙄 ). I have 3 main skill bars at the bottom of the screen. The main skills are clustered around the middle, but rather than try to arrange them in a 'rotational' manner, I've simply learned to use them where they are, when needed.

** if you are a 'clicker', be sure to spend some time adjusting the size of your skillbars, and the speed of the mouse, so that you get to the skills quickly and accurately without overshoot, etc.

Edited by JediQuaker

Mine i have 4 stacked at the bottom in the middle and two set to 4 rows of three at either side, because i have a logitech g600 i use the third button as a shift modifier so from left to right i have the following

left side 4x3 - Nothing bound, put stuff like quick travel, fleet pass, trainers ect on it. Small gap before other bars

Middle stacked 12 rows - 1-5, q-t, a-g, z-v then a single colum space then same again but with shift modifiers then another single colum space

Right side 4x3 - Mouse button binds.

I like this setup because the empty colums between the no modifier, shift modifier and mouse binds make it eaiser for me to see to track cooldowns, if all three bind sections were bunched together it would make it harder for me.

Plus it makes it easider to sort bind types, like for example i can use a-g for defensive ability binds, then use the shift a-g for offensive binds, 1-5 for rotational single target then shift 1-5 for long cooldown single target, same again with aoe on q-t.

This way i can see the differant types of abilities at a glance and easily track what is available to use, others wouldnt like this setup because it wastes 8 button spaces creating artifical gaps.

Best thing to do is look at what others have posted about there setup, do some image search for swtor ui setups to see others, use it to give you a base idea of what looks best to you then customise it to your needs. If your needs change and you play more then tweak it more to fit.

Also remember you can save and load setups so you don't have to stick to one you can have multiple for different classes or roles, or just design one that works for all and stick with it.

Anyone have any advice or guides to share?

I believe it's a matter of personal feeling, not some guide. I can only show my UI:

for damage

the lowest center bar is supporting abilities, corresponding to the upper center bar which is for my main rotation operated with either main keyboard or numeric keyboard. Frequently used abilities like Sniper's or Sage's shield I keep under smallest finger and a key very close to the arrow keys, for a fastest use.

and healer.

clickable by mouse are the healing abilities located close to group members frames.

offensive abilities on the lower bar and operated from main/numeric keyboard 1-0 keys.

This suits me best but I'm still experimenting with new setups.

Edited by Grendel_Echo