Finally, Incarnatika done killed her a Harbinger of Fear.

SteveTheCynic

I was doing a hugely overdue tour of all my characters, and when I logged in to Incarnatika, there she was, at one end of that bridge across the lava on Oricon, and ...

Wait...

That NPC over there has a white/yellow star. Is it what I think it is?

Yup, it's a Harbinger of Fear. Not the Acolyte, but the Harbinger. Force Charge!!!!!!!!

So now she looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/9F3sxqz.jpg

Congrats! Always calls for a pat on the back for what can be considered one of the best headpieces ingame (no other opinions on this matter will be accepted, no negotiations!) :D

It is nice, much nicer than the pictures on TOR-Fashion make it look. It was just bugging me, one of those "I'd like to be able to choose to use it" things. And now I have it. And Incarnatika is happy.

For those unfamiliar with the jargon, I think Steve killed something on Oricon and got something as a drop? 🤔

🙂

Yes, that's right, although the significance derives totally from what Incarnatika killed, and what dropped.

The drop is the headgear in the picture, the last piece of the Hallowed Gothic armour set (which is the rest of what she's wearing). The rest of the set can be bought from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon, but the headgear only drops from two specific mobs:

* Acolyte of Fear, a much more common Elite (gold star) mob that drops the Hallowed Gothic Headgear on a rare chance.

* Harbinger of Fear, a Champion (gold/white star) mob that you meet rarely *instead* of the Acolyte of Fear, always drops the headgear.

I think it's documented somewhere as a 1% drop rate for the Acolyte of Fear, and 1% for the Acolyte being replaced by the Harbinger. Either way, it's a *rare* drop.

You're lucky....I spent several hours killing Acolytes today waiting for the Harbinger to spawn. Half way through the Acolytes stopped dropping anything i.e. not even credits.....finally got one (Harbinger) and killed but it did not drop any loot/creds.

Ticket filed hoping CS can grant.

You're lucky....I spent several hours killing Acolytes today waiting for the Harbinger to spawn. Half way through the Acolytes stopped dropping anything i.e. not even credits.....finally got one (Harbinger) and killed but it did not drop any loot/creds.

Ticket filed hoping CS can grant.

They won't, since that's not a bug. It's intended game code to prevent "farmers" from camping the same mob too often within the same spawn-spot & time-span.

As with most code written by humans, there are methods that certain gamers have figured out to circumvent it. ;)

Edited by Nee-Elder