7.1 PTS and timeline

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

I have a few things to share with you about 7.1!

First up, PTS will be opening back up soon. We are planning to go live before the end of the month. This phase will feature all of the R-4 Anomaly Operation and the Manaan Daily Area effectively letting you all see what will be included in 7.1. As always, when PTS is up, I will post all the relevant threads in the PTS sub-forums so you are able to leave feedback.

Second, this will be the final PTS phase for 7.1. Once PTS closes, the team will be working away on polishing the content you all saw. All that said, we can confirm that 7.1 is targeted for mid-summer!

Lastly for this post, wanted to let you all know that when we get closer to launch for this game update, we will be hosting a livestream focusing on the content of 7.1.

So stay tuned for the PTS posts! And of course, if any of the above changes, I will be letting you all know.

Jackie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to returning to the PTS and I'm excited to see what you'll bring to the livestream to show us! It's a shame about the delay with R-4 and Manaan up to now, but refreshing myself with the livestream from last year about what else to expect on the horizon has me in high spirits! :)

2022 "Year Long Celebration"

- More Story

- Master Mode R-4

- Continue updating UI

- PVP Revamp

- Galactic Season 3

- New Flashpoint

- New Locations

- Tech Modernization

- Visual Improvements

- And More!

Best of luck with everything!

Hi everyone,

All that said, we can confirm that 7.1 is targeted for mid-summer!

Frankly, unless you plan to scrap the terrible "Us Four and No More" gearing system, you could be launching 7.1 tomorrow, it is irrelevant. Thanks for trying anyway.

Can we just have the game reverted to 6.3 and then you guys add all the 7.0 story content to that as 6.5 or something? I have about 60 days left of my sub and I really love this game been subbed forever but it’s kinda been rekt with 7.0 and I don’t plan on resubbing at this point in time unless things start getting fixed. I just have no motivation to log on with 7.0 and if I do it’s only to complain in genchat about 7.0 for a few minutes and then log off. The PTS going back up does absolutely nothing for me since you guys ignored PTS feedback about how bad 7.0 was, sorry if I’m being really negative I’m just really disappointed with the current state of SWTOR. Anyways there’s my nagging rant, hopefully 7.1 is an improvement :/

Can we just have the game reverted to 6.3 and then you guys add all the 7.0 story content to that as 6.5 or something? I have about 60 days left of my sub and I really love this game been subbed forever but it’s kinda been rekt with 7.0 and I don’t plan on resubbing at this point in time unless things start getting fixed.

You know, it's actually funny. If you search the forum, you'll see that this is exactly what people whined about in 5.0 and 6.0 as well. The incessant complaining about the game "dying" and "not worth it" has been an ongoing theme for almost ten years. And yet, here we are.

And yet, here we are.

yep, with less players and updates going on 6 months+ after planned release.

Not a dead game at all by any means due to the IP, but not in a good or healthy state

Blockbuster Video isn't dead either, but I don't think people will point to the remaining store as proof that the naysayers are wrong about it's demise

Edit: I'll be clear, I don't think this game is soon to be shut down. The IP alone has kept it afloat where other games would be dead by now. As long as there isn't another Star Wars game in the RPG/on line service model to compete - it will stay alive until those who spend on the CM keeping the game profitable stop spending.

Edited by Jamtas

You know, it's actually funny. If you search the forum, you'll see that this is exactly what people whined about in 5.0 and 6.0 as well. The incessant complaining about the game "dying" and "not worth it" has been an ongoing theme for almost ten years. And yet, here we are.

Ok well good for you. I’m just saying how I feel currently and how I will definitely be unsubscribing unless there are some improvements. I’ve been here since before 2.0 and when Makeb came out and I remember the complaining, but never in all my time of playing this game has an expansion made me want to stop playing like 7.0 has. If you want to just disregard everyone who has an issue with 7.0 as incessant complainers that’s fine I guess but don’t expect me to keep playing lol. They got me until my sub runs out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok well good for you. I’m just saying how I feel currently and how I will definitely be unsubscribing unless there are some improvements. I’ve been here since before 2.0 and when Makeb came out and I remember the complaining, but never in all my time of playing this game has an expansion made me want to stop playing like 7.0 has. If you want to just disregard everyone who has an issue with 7.0 as incessant complainers that’s fine I guess but don’t expect me to keep playing lol. They got me until my sub runs out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree 7.0 ruined this game. I have not logged in but maybe 3 times in the last 4 weeks. Came to the forums hoping to see a rollback of sorts. The whole armoring system went from the best in the industry to the single worst grind in the industry. They alienated the Majority by catering to the Minority of the player base. You gotta think, Who ultimately pays the bills.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this, but gosh that stings a little to see it still so far away.

Mid-summer can mean many things of course but im assuming were talking mid July at the soonest meaning still 2 months out.

I hope the team is aware just how far away we now are from the original announcement. Everything in 7.1 was originally scheduled for 7.0, back in December of last year. Now we're moving towards the end of May. "Mid-Summer" suggests something like July to me. How is this a year-long celebration of SWTOR? Unless that is just marketing speak that actually meant it would take the team an entire year to get something remotely resembling an expansion out during this year, like when you released Gods from the Machine over the course of like half a year, and that was only one operation.

Something is wrong here. This cannot be denied. You guys are either under-staffed and under-budgeted to hell and back or there's simply not enough skilled people left at the Austin team who know how this terrible engine works.

I am sorry, but this just isn't accurate. 5.x and 6.x both had early detractors. However, 6.x launched with duxn so it had at least some content to do and strive towards. It also had two daily areas, though mek-sha was very bare at launch. 5.x had all of kotet which included difficulty modes. 7.x launch so far has been replaying old content with subpar gear. We are still using 6.x augments, medpacks, stims, and adrenals. The only thing that 7.0 added was expansions to all existing characters in the class tree. Something that 6.0 did as well with set bonuses. 7.0 is a worse 6.0 in comparison all around, which isn't something I say as someone who wanted it to be this way.

I remember sitting on 6.0's pts and talking to my current raid lead about how it isn't that bad and how gearing will be relatively quick compared to 5.x's galactic command grind. I tried to have that same outlook with 7.0's pts. I looked at the good and hoped the bad wouldn't be there. We have had two glorified "fix" patches since 7.0's launch. Adding in content that was expected based on the devs and the pts.

It shouldn't have been unreasonable to assume manaan dailies would be out within a month or so of 7.0's release. It was originally going to be there for launch. It wasn't unreasonable to expect R4 within a timely manner after launch. Most players that care about gearing have been 330 prepped for at least two specs, maybe all three for a while. I don't hate all of 7.0's changes. Heck I like the class changes for almost all of the classes I have messed with. However, acting like the game is "healthy" compared to 6.x is unsubstantiated. Heck compare early 6.0 parses to current 7.0 parses on parsley. While this data wouldn't be useful in determining the total amount of players, it is a good way to see how much the cross section of parsers and NiM raiders who upload their parses are still actively playing the game close to an expansion.

So not until maybe July when it is hits the live servers. I might check out the manaan dailies but the operation, not interested. Maybe I find a reason to log in, but then again maybe not. Edited by casirabit

I called it! \o/

I'm yet another player who has zero interest in operations. When is the new story coming please? Do we need to start a GoFundMe to get some voice actors?

Edited by Sarova

Hi everyone,

I have a few things to share with you about 7.1!

First up, PTS will be opening back up soon. We are planning to go live before the end of the month. This phase will feature all of the R-4 Anomaly Operation and the Manaan Daily Area effectively letting you all see what will be included in 7.1. As always, when PTS is up, I will post all the relevant threads in the PTS sub-forums so you are able to leave feedback.

Second, this will be the final PTS phase for 7.1. Once PTS closes, the team will be working away on polishing the content you all saw. All that said, we can confirm that 7.1 is targeted for mid-summer!

Lastly for this post, wanted to let you all know that when we get closer to launch for this game update, we will be hosting a livestream focusing on the content of 7.1.

So stay tuned for the PTS posts! And of course, if any of the above changes, I will be letting you all know.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Let me open by saying we both know you are going to ignore this because it's a awkward question and you either aren't allowed to or simply don't want to answer it, but i will try anyway.

Keith famously said on stream that the 10th anniversary would be a year long celebration with lots of content to come, Keiths words not ours. We will be almost 7 months into the "expansion" when we get the first of these year long lots of content updates, 1 in 7 months. What has gone so wrong in that studio with that team thats changed the goalposts so much? Why won't you guys just confirm you can't deliver what you said you would over a year?

If after 7.1 we are only going to get 1 or maybe even 0 more content updates in the remaining 5 months after 7.1 can you tell us now?, so we can all leave and find something better to support with our money because this is getting painful and embarrassing to watch.

This is my feelings or view on this. I’ll be honest, first off I’m not angry or upset anymore I’m now playing another mmo game and happy with it. This live feed should of happen 7 weeks ago saying sorry for the buggy expansion and a drought of an expansion. I would have been more forgiving 7 weeks ago but now it’s way too late. I have 2 weeks on my monthly sub left and that is it. This is really way too little and way too late for me!

Seems a bit weird to be pushing operations as a gearing path when it takes this long to finish development of just one single operation. I don't get it.

Edit: and not just a gearing path either, it's really their main gearing path since it offers the best rewards.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Seems a bit weird to be pushing operations as a gearing path when it takes this long to finish development of just one single operation. I don't get it.

They are a studio in serious trouble they don't have anyone apart from Matt working on operations lol

Not gonna lie, this is deeply disappointing to me. I don't know why it took until now to even say all of this. This is the first substantive post about the game apart from responses to bug reports since late April. That's almost 3 weeks. The game is steadily losing players if Steamchart trends are anything to go by and that doesn't account for lost subs who are dropping to preferred status. You need to communicate more on what's going on, what's being addressed, etc in order to instill confidence that you're actually trying to fix things.

R4 and the Manaan daily area were supposed to come out with the expansion in December. The fact that we're now seemingly only expecting them in July at the earliest is really bad. The fact that we're still completely in the dark about what else you plan to look at and improve is incredibly concerning, because I get the impression there's a lot of heads in the sand here. R4 and Manaan are needed, absolutely, but the game has a lot of issues that need to be addressed right now. You can't bury your heads in the sand and move on like everything's fine when the room is on fire around you.

This isn't specifically on you Jackie, so I apologize for going on a bit of a rant, but we really need a livestream sooner and about more than just what's coming in 7.1. We need a clear idea of where the game's going, because the overall lack of communication and transparency is causing people to make assumptions on that, and those assumptions aren't good. Having a clear, stated direction in regards to the criticism and feedback that's been given since 7.0 would go a long way towards easing the minds of the community.