New gear in 7.1?

NotAgainAwww

Will there be any new gear/augments in 7.1? or is it only as Jackie said, "New Operation, New Daily Area"? I mean... is that all that's coming with 7.1? No class balance changes? No new features/scaling changes to Operations?

There were new augs datamined, they give a BIG stat plus. But that's not going to change much due to you being on the soft caps already the increase, while it will be there, won't be enough of a game changer to bring OPs into the realm of possibility for a progress team again.

There were new augs datamined, they give a BIG stat plus. But that's not going to change much due to you being on the soft caps already the increase, while it will be there, won't be enough of a game changer to bring OPs into the realm of possibility for a progress team again.

wonder if they are going to use OEMs and RPMs or if there will be a completely new crafting material.

They said before launch that R4-Anomaly on Nightmare will drop 334 items with a chance to be moddable. Also when a character gets to 334, they will gain access to a moddable gear vendor. No idea if this is still true and if so, what the moddable gear vendor will charge. This was supposed to be part of 7.1, but plans can change. It would be nice if new augments are true, but the way Bioware is going, they will probably be huge grinds and, of course, Nightmare operations only. Edited by ThanderSnB

They said before launch that R4-Anomaly on Nightmare will drop 334 items with a chance to be moddable. Also when a character gets to 334, they will gain access to a moddable gear vendor. No idea if this is still true and if so, what the moddable gear vendor will charge. This was supposed to be part of 7.1, but plans can change. It would be nice if new augments are true, but the way Bioware is going, they will probably be huge grinds and, of course, Nightmare operations only.

Actually they said

SM will drop 328 gear

Vet will drop 330, 332, and 334

They never said anything about NiM for R-4 yet, since I do not believe it is coming out during 7.1.

They said before launch that R4-Anomaly on Nightmare will drop 334 items with a chance to be moddable. Also when a character gets to 334, they will gain access to a moddable gear vendor. No idea if this is still true and if so, what the moddable gear vendor will charge. This was supposed to be part of 7.1, but plans can change. It would be nice if new augments are true, but the way Bioware is going, they will probably be huge grinds and, of course, Nightmare operations only.

Still true?

Why would you assume mods being part of a future update was true to begin with? BW stated a lot of things about LotS/7.0 that have basically turned out to be lies.

The ones that are most strange to me are when they announce a bug is fixed, and then it turns out it's clearly not. Who is the audience for the announcement? It can't be folks playing the game, right?

Edited by arunav

Actually they said

SM will drop 328 gear

Vet will drop 330, 332, and 334

They never said anything about NiM for R-4 yet, since I do not believe it is coming out during 7.1.

Thanks for the clarity.

Still true?

Why would you assume mods being part of a future update was true to begin with? BW stated a lot of things about LotS/7.0 that have basically turned out to be lies.

The ones that are most strange to me are when they announce a bug is fixed, and then it turns out it's clearly not. Who is the audience for the announcement? It can't be folks playing the game, right?

I don't think Bioware deliberately lies when they post these things. I think when they said mods would be in 7.1, they really were planning that. It's just that things can change behind the scenes. It might be harder than they thought; or based on community feedback, they go in a different direction; or as we all know from their history, bugs take so long to fix that features they planned are pushed back or cancelled.

For the patch notes, there's been a few times where they said the bug was fixed on their internal test server, and they put it in the patch notes only to find out the bug is still there on live servers. My feeling on this is that they should test everything on a more live environment like the PTS. It doesn't have to be a public PTS, just a server that's tied into the whole public environment that only Bioware can access. That way they could ensure a bug they think is fixed is actually fixed. If they mess up the server while testing, it doesn't matter. Players can't access it. They can reset it as many times as needed.

Edited by ThanderSnB

It's been 5 months+ since i read anything about it, but from my understanding, we will get new gear with R4 op + manaan daily area. New augs may potentially come with a crafting update, but IIRC, they said crafting won't come in 7.1. So 7.2 or later for augs (maybe if ever).

In any event, we should probably not take any info as more than a ballpark. As we have seen, it takes months of development time for our dev team to create something, and in the meantime, situations change.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

There is supposed to be 332 and 334 gear rating and both are supposed to be moddable gear. Mods that we will get from a vendor on fleet. How this will work...we haven't got a damn clue because Bioware is 3 months past 7.0 and we haven't seen R4 completely and we haven't seen moddable gear, 800 level crafting, or anything involving significant change. Hopefully we see it all in the PTS cause if we don't. It means things are being scrapped.