I hate the intro theme

wikidbonez

I've been playing since 1.whatever and I've loved nearly every second of my time in this game. But by far, one of my favorite things that helped to get me super pumped to play was that classic into theme (link here for any new players who never got to hear it

). Then came 6.0, and just like when the Fire Nation attacked, everything changed. Customizable items no long had orange outlines unless they were from the cartel market, a sith who I swore I killed returned, but most distressingly of all: the intro theme changed (won't link, you know the one...). All I ask is that there be a setting added for us veteran users, who've been around for years, that would allow us to switch between into theme songs.

Also, unrelated to this issue, I found when I was trying to write this I couldn't hyperlink this in spite of the button that should allow me to do just that and I can't use many of the other buttons here.

Yeah, I feel ya, change isn't easy. Hard to adapt, sometimes.

My phone used to be permanently attached to the kitchen wall, so there was no wondering where the phone went, it was always right there. Now if I misplace my cellphone for ten minutes it's a total panic what I did with it.

Time was, I'd walk up to the cash register in a TG&Y or a Woolworth's or a bookstore or practically anywhere, and the line went really fast, because most people paid with cash. No one standing in line trying to convince the cashier that their WIC card is good, no one standing there trying to swipe a chip card, and you didn't have to wait until someone figured out they inserted the chip card the wrong way. Toss your cash down, walk out.

Time was, if you broke down on the highway, all you had to do was walk up the next exit ramp to the first gas station, plop a dime in the pay phone, and make a call. Those pay phones were everywhere. Nowadays, if you break down, and you forgot to charge your cell phone, you're screwed. There's no payphone at that next gas station. Good luck borrowing someone's cell phone when you get there. If it's open.

Yep. Adapting isn't always easy.

The original composer of the music of Star Wars, whose themes can be heard from time to time in SWTOR, is John Williams. John Williams is 88 years old.

Find an old 33 LP and listen to his music all you want. But times change.

I'm one who actually likes the new music. Maybe he'd approve, too.

I'm also an advocate for including stuff like

. Edited by xordevoreaux

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing since 1.whatever and I've loved nearly every second of my time in this game. But by far, one of my favorite things that helped to get me super pumped to play was that classic into theme (link here for any new players who never got to hear it
). Then came 6.0, and just like when the Fire Nation attacked, everything changed. Customizable items no long had orange outlines unless they were from the cartel market, a sith who I swore I killed returned, but most distressingly of all: the intro theme changed (won't link, you know the one...). All I ask is that there be a setting added for us veteran users, who've been around for years, that would allow us to switch between into theme songs.

Also, unrelated to this issue, I found when I was trying to write this I couldn't hyperlink this in spite of the button that should allow me to do just that and I can't use many of the other buttons here.

I shouldn't have opened that youtube link, made me really sad that we don't hear it anymore. :(

I actually came to look up a post about the character selection screen music so I could bump it, as the new music is still getting on my nerves after several months. After listening to the old theme I decided to disable music completely from the game, because I am tired of adjusting the volume every time between relogging characters. Shame, because the music has always been a big part of this game for me. :(

Edited by DeannaVoyager