Crafting: Inventor

CoiledNine

Can we get rid of the conquest objective Crafting: Inventor please. It's broken. People are exchanging their green Jawa junk for level 1 crafting mats and crafting their way to millions of conquest points.

Normally I wouldn't care, because hey... if that's how you want to play the game and spend your time, power to ya. However, I believe that people are using bots to keep crafting even while they are away from their computers. If you don't want to look into this in the back end, just get rid of it entirely.

/not signed.

Their jawa junk, their credits.

OP, Your suggestion hurts everyone in the game, and your guild will still be on the bottom of the conquest because big guilds will find a way to win that you are not willing to go anyway. Yes, I'm assuming you are whining because your guild is too small can't compete with mega guilds. That's why most of the people here whine and cry for nerfs.

/not signed.

OP, Your suggestion hurts everyone in the game, and your guild will still be on the bottom of the conquest because big guilds will find a way to win that you are not willing to go anyway. Yes, I'm assuming you are whining because your guild is too small can't compete with mega guilds. That's why most of the people here whine and cry for nerfs.

I couldn't wrote it better!

I am the leader of a small guild and have 7 crafting-chars. With the inventor-goal i have the opprtunity to generate a good ammount of conquest-points and prepare for other goals (war supplies, invasion force) by crafting grade 4-11 components at the same time.

Well. You're wrong... about all of that. And that's OK. I don't have any interest in hindering the smaller guilds. An infinite repeatable is just asking for more bot-crafting to happen.

I'm looking at the 60-plus million conquest points guilds are posting when they only have 3 to 5 players online at any given time. That's my concern, not the little guy.

/not signed.

All of that is true. But people are abusing it. Hence why I said if they aren't going to do anything about the bot-crafters, they should get rid of it entirely. I would personally prefer that they get rid of the bot crafters and keep the Crafting: Inventor objective.

Your suggestion would just harm players crafting legitimately. Crafting is there because some people have dedicated crafting toons and that's their primary focus. Not doing ops. Not running chapters. Crafting.

Well. You're wrong... about all of that. And that's OK. I don't have any interest in hindering the smaller guilds. An infinite repeatable is just asking for more bot-crafting to happen.

I'm looking at the 60-plus million conquest points guilds are posting when they only have 3 to 5 players online at any given time. That's my concern, not the little guy.

No idea what server you are on, but any of the guilds that get 60 million on SF, do it because people in the guild work together, use the guild ship features to gain extra bonus, etc. Lots of organisation. AND these guilds usually have a min of 20+ people at quiet times, with up to 50+ during busy times.... Now if you can get proof, instead of pulling random numbers from your ***, I'm sure the developers would listen :)

Edited by DarkTergon

All of that is true. But people are abusing it. Hence why I said if they aren't going to do anything about the bot-crafters, they should get rid of it entirely. I would personally prefer that they get rid of the bot crafters and keep the Crafting: Inventor objective.

If you want to finish botting, then attack the people who use bots. Not the people who do legitimate crafting to get the few thousand points they need to cap.

If you know a guild botting their way to CQ, report them. Stop asking the devs to ruin the game from everyone else..

Most likely it is about what it was the last time this was brought up. People in large and medium guilds were complaining that too many small guilds were getting to their guild goals and getting encryptions and high end crafting materials thus killing the market for those that wanted to make a fortune selling them on the GTN.

Most likely it is about what it was the last time this was brought up. People in large and medium guilds were complaining that too many small guilds were getting to their guild goals and getting encryptions and high end crafting materials thus killing the market for those that wanted to make a fortune selling them on the GTN.

The concern of GTN whales are the last thing devs in this game should ever address.

Can we get rid of the conquest objective Crafting: Inventor please. It's broken. People are exchanging their green Jawa junk for level 1 crafting mats and crafting their way to millions of conquest points.

Normally I wouldn't care, because hey... if that's how you want to play the game and spend your time, power to ya. However, I believe that people are using bots to keep crafting even while they are away from their computers. If you don't want to look into this in the back end, just get rid of it entirely.

Fully agree. Going by that thou also remove all Op's from conquest as well, I mean really look at how many points you get from that. Also all MM FP's , I mean really BW this is just plain and simply giving group players beneficial treatment. Also while you are at it make it so individual players cannot get conquest points on more that one character per week, this clearly is just so unfair to players who cannot afford to buy extra character slots. Just one more thing please remove guild rewards after all not every player whats to be in a guild and as guilds come in various sizes just plain and simply befits large guilds over all other players.

in-fact BW just remove conquests altogether.

Alternatively BW you could just ignore this/these threads that are made purely and simply to benefit the thread stater. After all we all can find something that is unfair to each and every one of us to some degree.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

• 2 weeks later...

I have reported guilds that are botting their way to CQ. I've gotten no response. Hence why I'm resorting to posting here.

They obviously don't care to look into it. What other solution is there, then? Everywhere else in life, if one person messes up then everyone else suffers the consequences. Why should this be any different? This is why we can't have nice things. Last I checked, macros were against the ToS. But 3 to 5 people (yes, on the SF server) crafting their way PAST the large guilds with 20+ people online... well.

This is neither here nor there, since all the "respectable" guilds have taken on KP farming for conquest points for some stupid reason. But that's another gripe for another thread.

If you want to finish botting, then attack the people who use bots. Not the people who do legitimate crafting to get the few thousand points they need to cap.

If you know a guild botting their way to CQ, report them. Stop asking the devs to ruin the game from everyone else..

I have reported guilds that are botting their way to CQ. I've gotten no response. Hence why I'm resorting to posting here.

They obviously don't care to look into it. What other solution is there, then? Everywhere else in life, if one person messes up then everyone else suffers the consequences. Why should this be any different? This is why we can't have nice things. Last I checked, macros were against the ToS. But 3 to 5 people (yes, on the SF server) crafting their way PAST the large guilds with 20+ people online... well.

This is neither here nor there, since all the "respectable" guilds have taken on KP farming for conquest points for some stupid reason. But that's another gripe for another thread.

If you have actually proof, and CS is ignoring you, then go over their heads, contact dan or one of the other community managers. No one wants cheating, but if players are abusing this system, it's the player that need to be removed, not objective. There are genuine people who use this objective because they can't, or don't want to do others,, or because they have so many many toons doing conquest that the major objectives get done quickly, so they use this for their crafters.