Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LawranceEttar
05.14.2013 , 04:17 PM | #91
Well now they put up this alert on the launcher:
"Crash to Desktop Upon Launching"
We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Try "ALOT " of players or most who are running Windows XP. lol
Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance
The Force shall set you free...
"Jedi Covenant" PVE Server (US - Eastern)
GM - Knights of Old Enclave guild
http://knightsofoldenclave.enjin.com

Simbr
05.14.2013 , 04:19 PM | #92
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: F uc ktomization

Thanks Bioware really awesome update! My sub renews in a few hours, I can't decide whether to cancel or not. Will the game be playable in the next 6 hours?!

Uldihaa
05.14.2013 , 04:19 PM | #93
It would have been nice to know that you'd need the entire armor set in order to 'register' it in the Collections. I guess that slipped someone's mind.

I'm massively disappointed. Next time, be more detailed and thorough in your descriptions of new features.

Lena-Lash
05.14.2013 , 04:20 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by LawranceEttar View Post
We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

Lawrance
I did not see this alert how did you get it?

fujeo-finel
05.14.2013 , 04:23 PM | #95
Well gee Bioware, if you're gonna piss off this many people with a new patch, you might as well revert the Tracer Missile animation switch as well.

Edit: And to everyone who is upset over this patch, please, spare a thought for that innocent Twi-lek girl who's life was tragically cut short when she was dropped into the Rancor pit for the amusement of Jabba the Hutt.

LawranceEttar
05.14.2013 , 04:25 PM | #96
45 minute wait for technical phone support. lolz

necromentum
05.14.2013 , 04:29 PM | #97
I'm still waiting for solution for which we have xp

spectreclees
05.14.2013 , 04:44 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by LawranceEttar View Post

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance
To be fair, any support for windows XP has been gone for a while. I'm even surprised you can play the game on XP. You should really consider upgrading to 7 or 8. Trying to play new games on a 10 year old operating system is a bit silly.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

LawranceEttar
05.14.2013 , 04:45 PM | #99
...to be fair alot of us may not have the additional funds to buy a new computer system at the moment, and they advertised support for Windows XP. Your comments are irrelevant.

My Windows XP machine was working fine 24 hours ago before the new update. No issues.

MannixMensing
05.14.2013 , 04:45 PM | #100
Really like the latest 2.1 update

1. The kiosks work great, cartel coins involved are rather reasonable
2. Dye modules are quite nice, too bad they are in a lottery system when you buy the CM ones, but lots of other choices as well. 48 total for this update as i understand.
3. The logon queues were a little overflowing right after the update as everyone tried to log on, but that's to be expected

One remark though when you buy the extra human hairstyles, the qui gon jinn style hair (last but one on the slider) which i really like is sticking through armour on the back and shoulders, maybe it should be a little shorter so it disappears under the actual chest layer.

Keep up the nice work