Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Instant Valor Rank 100s, full game rollback needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Instant Valor Rank 100s, full game rollback needed

Jest
01.18.2012 , 11:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hammerreborn View Post
Rank 60 unlocks the battlemaster set
further than that.. Valor was to be the gateway for all future sets of PvP gear as well.. So now if it's not reset, then they'll always qualify for the gear while Repubs will still have to grind the insane numbers.

CrusaderXENO
01.18.2012 , 11:04 AM | #22
I do think that the game needs a total rework of the pvp system now. Complete roll backs for some stats should be considered or the system reworked where valor is no longer a stat. IMO the gear situation from just doing ilum dailies for free need to be reset. All gear taken away and they thing just redone. I myself took advantage of this and found myself seeing the game as not fun because of this. There is no real truely rewarding experience than getting something you actually deserve through hard work.

BW just scrap pvp gear and the system all together till things get reworked. Take everything away and come up with a system that truely works. At least PvE gear is earned properly. Hope this was a lesson you learned and this should have never happened due to other MMOs having the same issues. Protection "police/guard" units in bases should not be tankable or destroyable. Just make them all world bosses with no loot lol.
BLACK KNIGHT BROTHERHOOD
SWTOR Site: www.bkbswtor.com
BKB LEADERSHIP COUNCIL

ddecay
01.18.2012 , 11:09 AM | #23
hysterical

Andaman
01.18.2012 , 11:10 AM | #24
Thanks to this patch, I just change my subscription from 6-month to 1-month. I will give BW another month to show me they have a clue. I will do FP and Warzone in the next month. But if Ilum is still unplayable for Republic in a month, I'm gone.

Gunfox
01.18.2012 , 11:15 AM | #25
Getting my jedi to 50 tomorrow and then cancelling my sub instantly... I wanted to do some pvp but oh well...

http://i.imgur.com/fjsPM.jpg

Had a relatively nice Kotor SP game though... I just don't want to concern myself with the mess that is pvp anymore

Urothefox
01.18.2012 , 11:16 AM | #26
That's silly. NPCs should never give PvP experience (i.e. valor). It should only come from killing players or completely quests involving the killing of players. Furthermore, there should be diminishing returns to discourage spawn camping.

Mursie
01.18.2012 , 11:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andaman View Post
Thanks to this patch, I just change my subscription from 6-month to 1-month. I will give BW another month to show me they have a clue. I will do FP and Warzone in the next month. But if Ilum is still unplayable for Republic in a month, I'm gone.
canceled.

SWImara
01.18.2012 , 11:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Urothefox View Post
That's silly. NPCs should never give PvP experience (i.e. valor). It should only come from killing players or completely quests involving the killing of players. Furthermore, there should be diminishing returns to discourage spawn camping.
A+B=clearly you should be a developer.

I don't know who thought awarding PvP points for farming NPCs was a good idea but the idea (no matter how few points are earned) undermines the very concept of PvP. PvP is about fighting opposing PLAYERS.

Diminishing returns are critical to limit the impact of farming folks, particularly at spawn points.

The idea that there are A) no diminishing returns on valor B) rewards for killing NPCs and C) no diminishing returns on valor for killing NPCs just suggests incompetence on someone's part. This doesn't really smell like a minor screw up... someone just has no idea *** they are doing.

Saviorofcamelot
01.18.2012 , 11:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
False, its not killing players.

The exploit is killing the Turrets, which give 100s of valor per kill, respawn instantly, and have no diminishing returns.
Everyone knows this was probably a screw up. Anyone that continued to do it without submitting a bug report should be insta banned.

Simple SOLUTION!

People taking advantage of accidental mistakes is what ruins MMO's. Mistakes happen and the community needs to help FIX the problems instead of taking advantage of them.
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

Zaodon
01.18.2012 , 11:24 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SWImara View Post
I don't know who thought awarding PvP points for farming NPCs was a good idea but the idea (no matter how few points are earned) undermines the very concept of PvP. PvP is about fighting opposing PLAYERS.
^ This 1000 times over.