un-attackable players ?

Lindraskada

me again :D

Just wondering - if a player is unattackable is that a cheat, a desync, or a bug ?

person in question - Hypergate - decapping a pylon. no resolve at all.

im sapped. on PT. Shoulder cannon greys out on targetting them. used Determination to break the sap. used Grapple, animation went off.. nothing happened. they continued to decap it. Jet Charge was also greyed out on targetting them, in the end i had to use a seismic grenade to knock them down.

any thoughts ? :(

me again :D

Just wondering - if a player is unattackable is that a cheat, a desync, or a bug ?

person in question - Hypergate - decapping a pylon. no resolve at all.

im sapped. on PT. Shoulder cannon greys out on targetting them. used Determination to break the sap. used Grapple, animation went off.. nothing happened. they continued to decap it. Jet Charge was also greyed out on targetting them, in the end i had to use a seismic grenade to knock them down.

any thoughts ? :(

would need a video to see whats really going on tbh, what class was it though.

I hate to say it, but it seems the hacks are spreading from the few ranked guys who were promoting them for the last month. Now we have people using them in regs too. It’s so sad that someone would pay money to hack reg pvp in this game. Edited by TrixxieTriss

was the jedi version of hte assassin

depends if they had their force shroud up or not, if they have the utility spec'd into it, they resist force and tech dmg and pulls from force and tech fpr 5 seconds after using. granted you were over 10m range, your shoulder cannons cannot reach them so it won't work which = being grey'd out, breaking cc and grappling does not work within those 5 seconds of them using force shroud, after breaking cc and trying to grapple, i assume by then you walked closer to them meaning if you were within 10m range of them by then, your jet charge wont work since it requires 10-30m range causing to grey out, in which case you probably threw a grenade to stop it 5/8 seconds in or longer in which case you were able to cc and hit them with the grenade, granted if none of that applies and the sin didn't have force shroud or deflection up etc then idk, hard to say without a video though

Edited by tharlainmar

I hate to say it, but it seems the hacks are spreading from the few ranked guys who were promoting them for the last month. Now we have people using them in regs too. It’s so sad that someone would pay money to hack reg pvp in this game.

The only 'widespread' exploiting going on in swtor is people multiboxing to boost rating, and even that is limited to a few bad apples. Please stop with this crap.

OP: if a player with a bad network connection times things well, they can sometimes desync long enough to cap an objective. Although usually in this case you wouldn't even know the objective is being captured until a split second before it happens. I can't explain you being able to see them cap but not being able to attack.

depends if they had their force shroud up or not, if they have the utility spec'd into it, they resist force and tech dmg and pulls from force and tech fpr 5 seconds after using. granted you were over 10m range, your shoulder cannons cannot reach them so it won't work which = being grey'd out, breaking cc and grappling does not work within those 5 seconds of them using force shroud, after breaking cc and trying to grapple, i assume by then you walked closer to them meaning if you were within 10m range of them by then, your jet charge wont work since it requires 10-30m range causing to grey out, in which case you probably threw a grenade to stop it 5/8 seconds in or longer in which case you were able to cc and hit them with the grenade, granted if none of that applies and the sin didn't have force shroud or deflection up etc then idk, hard to say without a video though

after i purged it i moved closer, and everything was still greyed out, regardless of the range, i know some stuff works in or outside 10m, but NOTHING was working in either ;)

The only 'widespread' exploiting going on in swtor is people multiboxing to boost rating, and even that is limited to a few bad apples. Please stop with this crap.

OP: if a player with a bad network connection times things well, they can sometimes desync long enough to cap an objective. Although usually in this case you wouldn't even know the objective is being captured until a split second before it happens. I can't explain you being able to see them cap but not being able to attack.

Where did I say it was wide spread? I said it was spreading from a few ranked guys who were doing it. That could be 1, 2, 3 or ?? I don’t know.

But please tell me you honestly aren’t trying to deny that hacking hasn’t been going on in ranked the last month?

It’s been all over discord and YouTube. And certain “known” players have sent promotional links for hacks to people on discord.

So it’s not unreasonable to suggest that some of that promoting could have spread into regs.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

guess I play the devil's advocate on this topic.. some people gonna hate me after I say this little piece of information.. what the op said is half the truth.. I can verify this type of thing happen, with certain people.. there's a trick or exploit what it truly is in meaning..

I had this happen to me against an operative.. name I won't say (terms of service).. I was on my shadow in a void star I was guarding the door in stealth.. operative roll up and started capping the door.. well of course I gonna mind sap him for 8 seconds and call for help but I couldn't target the operative..

so the door got capped and I got called all kinds of names for letting him cap.. after the match I went to there team speak channel ( this was before any discord).. I knew the operative personally cause we played war hammer online in same server.. anyways I ask what the hell happened..

he apologize saying he didn't know I had a shadow.. he told me it is somehow, he turn off his internet while he is capping.. some kind of way when that happens the game shows you like offline.. so if somebody target you it will be like you don't exist,, wait a few seconds and hook back up your internet.. then you will be in game again.. but you will already had capped the door..

it is more to this and it been so long ago and I was drinking tequila.. he said he learned this from Euro servers playing over there.. because people have alot of slow internet connections and high latency which the trick work better.. meaning maybe an Aussie have high latency and this trick will work better on them.. due to there internet being slow..it will take longer for the frames or something to catch up..

I'm no tech genius, but this probably what is happening.. I wouldn't call it a hack but a bad glitch by Bioware.. he said people connection have alot to do with this trick being able to work and also the person doing it.. must be accurate on there timing, or they won't be able to come back to the same game..

so I'm guessing this might had happened.. if so people shouldn't do it, but to each there own.. it is a problem Bioware need to fix.. cause there servers and game is the source of this problem..

guess I play the devil's advocate on this topic.. some people gonna hate me after I say this little piece of information.. what the op said is half the truth.. I can verify this type of thing happen, with certain people.. there's a trick or exploit what it truly is in meaning..

I had this happen to me against an operative.. name I won't say (terms of service).. I was on my shadow in a void star I was guarding the door in stealth.. operative roll up and started capping the door.. well of course I gonna mind sap him for 8 seconds and call for help but I couldn't target the operative..

so the door got capped and I got called all kinds of names for letting him cap.. after the match I went to there team speak channel ( this was before any discord).. I knew the operative personally cause we played war hammer online in same server.. anyways I ask what the hell happened..

he apologize saying he didn't know I had a shadow.. he told me it is somehow, he turn off his internet while he is capping.. some kind of way when that happens the game shows you like offline.. so if somebody target you it will be like you don't exist,, wait a few seconds and hook back up your internet.. then you will be in game again.. but you will already had capped the door..

it is more to this and it been so long ago and I was drinking tequila.. he said he learned this from Euro servers playing over there.. because people have alot of slow internet connections and high latency which the trick work better.. meaning maybe an Aussie have high latency and this trick will work better on them.. due to there internet being slow..it will take longer for the frames or something to catch up..

I'm no tech genius, but this probably what is happening.. I wouldn't call it a hack but a bad glitch by Bioware.. he said people connection have alot to do with this trick being able to work and also the person doing it.. must be accurate on there timing, or they won't be able to come back to the same game..

so I'm guessing this might had happened.. if so people shouldn't do it, but to each there own.. it is a problem Bioware need to fix.. cause there servers and game is the source of this problem..

FYI, the technical term for that is lag switching. But that’s not what’s going on with the untargetable people who you literally can’t target for most of the match. If they were lag switching that much the server would disconnect them.

Again today, same two players, not target-able even when manually clicking on them. This went on the entirety of multiple games and in different map types.

did you happen to get screen shots? or vids?

Fly and speed hacking still happening in ranked as well. Same PT reported all weekend and part of last week. BioWare are too slow to react.

or as you've said multiple times, they just don't do anything. Over the weekend, on that discord server that shall not be names <ahem> there were several players boasting about the hacks they were using, etc, and how BW 'people' know it, but they can get away with it.

or as you've said multiple times, they just don't do anything. Over the weekend, on that discord server that shall not be names <ahem> there were several players boasting about the hacks they were using, etc, and how BW 'people' know it, but they can get away with it.

Yes, someone on Discord even suggested to ChrisS that Bioware should sell the hacks direct on the CM so we all have the opportunity to use them. ChrisS declined to answer (obviously).

ChrisS did comment a couple of weeks ago on Dscord about a posted hack vid.

“Imagine spending $15/mo for a sub, and another $15/mo for client hacks in SWTOR”

So BioWare do know it’s going on and even how much it costs to pay for the hacks (probably even where to get them).

And I’m sure they are / will semi ban people who have proof posted about them.

But that’s the problem and always has been, they don’t perma ban these guys. They don’t name and shame hackers and they rely on other players to gather the proof for them or they don’t do anything about it. There is no real deterrent for cheating in this game. They unban the same wintraders every ranked season and sometimes give back their rewards after the ban. If Chris’s unofficial response is indicative of BioWares internal attitude to cheaters, it’s no wonder there is this lack lustre attitude towards eliminating cheating or having a proper deterrent.

I play a few online iPad games like EvE Echoes. Every two weeks they post on their news screen, how many people they banned for cheating and even break down into percentages what type of cheating was done. The also perma ban, there are no warnings because they take cheating seriously. Their attitude is you can’t accidentally cheat, you did it on purpose and we don’t want you in our game.

Why BioWare hasn’t adopted a similar policy is beyond my understanding.

But that’s the problem and always has been, they don’t perma ban these guys. They don’t name and shame hackers and they rely on other players to gather the proof for them or they don’t do anything about it.

Actually Bioware does have preemptive algorithms for banning players that speedhack. Many of the NPC's on various different worlds are programmed to detect and flag abnormally fast movement. Players that speedhack in the open world are usually banned extremely fast.

However, most players are aware of this and don't speedhack on planets or the open world. PvP instances don't have the same NPCs.

Edited by septru

Actually Bioware does have preemptive algorithms for banning players that speedhack. Many of the NPC's on various different worlds are programmed to detect and flag abnormally fast movement. Players that speedhack in the open world are usually banned extremely fast.

However, most players are aware of this and don't speedhack on planets or the open world. PvP instances don't have the same NPCs.

Yeah, but honestly, neither I or probably any other player cares if people speed hack pve content because it doesn’t affect other players.

Speed hacking or any form of cheating (like win trading) in pvp affects other players and that’s a problem for me and I’m sure anyone else who plays against other players legitimately.

When someone cheats in pvp, it personally affects others, which isn’t fair. BioWare should have a better deterrent. Like perma bans with accounts closed. Zero tolerance for proven cheats should be at the top of the list. People don’t “accidentally cheat’, so BioWare should throw the book at them.

“Imagine spending $15/mo for a sub, and another $15/mo for client hacks in SWTOR”

That alone says everything you need to know about this game, the dev teams and the mods.

when you have issues with the devs, or mods, who is above them to report it to. It's laughable that there is no oversight on this.

Just to add, just happened again on SF, two people on the same team, at the door, hit them with aoe's, etc, and it didn't stop them from capping the door, also had one player go through the barrier at the end before they put the last bomb on the door, he went through while the barrier was up, while a couple of us who were at the barrier fighting him, couldn't,

This was lowbie pvp.

Yes, someone on Discord even suggested to ChrisS that Bioware should sell the hacks direct on the CM so we all have the opportunity to use them. ChrisS declined to answer (obviously).

So BioWare do know it’s going on and even how much it costs to pay for the hacks (probably even where to get them).

And I’m sure they are / will semi ban people who have proof posted about them.

But that’s the problem and always has been, they don’t perma ban these guys. They don’t name and shame hackers and they rely on other players to gather the proof for them or they don’t do anything about it. There is no real deterrent for cheating in this game. They unban the same wintraders every ranked season and sometimes give back their rewards after the ban. If Chris’s unofficial response is indicative of BioWares internal attitude to cheaters, it’s no wonder there is this lack lustre attitude towards eliminating cheating or having a proper deterrent.

I play a few online iPad games like EvE Echoes. Every two weeks they post on their news screen, how many people they banned for cheating and even break down into percentages what type of cheating was done. The also perma ban, there are no warnings because they take cheating seriously. Their attitude is you can’t accidentally cheat, you did it on purpose and we don’t want you in our game.

Why BioWare hasn’t adopted a similar policy is beyond my understanding.

It's pretty sad that people can brazenly post videos of them cheating in an environment frequented by Devs and nothing is done about it. Instead, the Devs go after legitimate players to take down a supposed cheat in crafting that affected very few people (and certainly could have been dealt with by punishing the cheaters instead of the general game population)