incompetent Developers can't get away scott free

fushnchips

Due to the nature of what they have caused people and the limit they have in place on downloading from the servers of 8.50 MB/s and making every person who has to redownload the game causing people with data caps to go over they need to take responsibility and pay the price.

1. Free 30 days of game time

2. 2400 CC

Reply with what they should be providing every player sub or non sub in this game option 1 or 2.

We must all make a stand and not allow this type of incompetence not to happen again in a game that has been around for over 10 years.

Unfortunately they can, they have, and they probably will do again. It's not the first time we've had issues, and won't be the last time. Someone will inevitably post the ToS that says they can do whatever they like, etc etc. Don't know the exact section, or quote, but you get the picture. When we agree to them, our hands are tied .

*Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen though :)

Edited by DarkTergon

30 days of sub time? 2400CC? Damn.

I play a mobile game fairly regularly and this reminds me of the calls for compensation that happen any time there's a bug or extended maintenance in that game (and the maintenances there are somehow always inexplicably even longer than the maintenances for this game, no clue how that works). 1000s of premium currency or items for every player as compensation for things that didn't have that big of an effect.

Which isn't to say this wasn't a major deal here, but 30 days of sub time and/or 2400CCs worth? No. I sympathize with those that would need to redownload the whole game over this and think some compensation would be in order for those players, but I'd imagine it would be more limited. Maybe a week of additional sub time, with 100CCs thrown in to make up for the potentially missed daily POs (although they haven't compensated the numerous players that rolled bugged POs for thisin any way, so don't hold your breath here).

I will say, for my more cynical side, I've never seen Bioware actually offer widespread compensation for this kind of thing and don't expect them to do it here. I'd expect more of a "Our bad, thank you for understanding" and then moving right along with no further mention of it. Compensation for players would imply some kind of care for their community beyond just playing their content, but they haven't exactly shown that care lately. They keep promising more communication and giving even less than before each time.

I'd be glad to be wrong, of course, but these days it's just hard not to see that cynical side of things after how Bioware has treated the community lately.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I would be happy with getting a lump sum of tech frags equivalent to what I could have farmed with a renown boost in the time spent unable to play due to redownloading. Or maybe an auto-completion of a Flashpoint or PvP weekly on any character of my choosing.

Due to the nature of what they have caused people and the limit they have in place on downloading from the servers of 8.50 MB/s and making every person who has to redownload the game causing people with data caps to go over they need to take responsibility and pay the price.

1. Free 30 days of game time

2. 2400 CC

Reply with what they should be providing every player sub or non sub in this game option 1 or 2.

We must all make a stand and not allow this type of incompetence not to happen again in a game that has been around for over 10 years.

prefer 2 of new season tokens AND the swoop race be and NEXT week , loosing daily here

Edited by Kissakias

So, it downloaded 12 GB. Then it spent some time installing. I thought I was almost done, then it decided to download 26 MORE GB. This is just cruel and wrong. There should be some compensation for not being able to play all afternoon.

So, it downloaded 12 GB. Then it spent some time installing. I thought I was almost done, then it decided to download 26 MORE GB. This is just cruel and wrong. There should be some compensation for not being able to play all afternoon.

and i think we got some 5-6 gb more after asset 346

just move to steam. its way faster

Can’t use WTFast with Stream client as it doesn’t support it. Without WTFast the game isn’t playable for some people due to extended distances and lag issues.

So that rules out Steam for a bunch of people.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So if if you have a power outage is the utility company responsible for compensating you for your lost play time?

How about if your ISP has an outage? Do they compensate you?

what if your cat pees on your computer? Do you demand payment from it?

Do you realize just how absurd your demands are?

people shouldn't have to, most of us started without steam, they shouldn't have to play on steam now, just to avoid stuff like this. :/

The alternative is that fancy-schmancy Boomer thing called backups. I've luckily dodged this whole ordeal by not having had the time to play yesterday, but you can be sure the first thing I did today was to copy my Swtor folder to a big HDD. Had I've been affected, I would have had to re-download almost 4 months worth of updates...

Edited by Mubrak

30 days of sub time? 2400CC? Damn.

It depends. In my case it is worth more than that. I am either locked out of the game until July 12 as redownloading the game would put me well over my data cap for this month and I would have to incur fees of about $115 if I were to go ahead.

Redownloading will also easily take about 25-30 hours and I have the fastest connection available in my area. Not everyone lives in a location where they have access to fast and cheap internet.

Edited by Eriamea

It depends. In my case it is worth more than that. I am either locked out of the game until July 12 as redownloading the game would put me well over my data cap for this month and I would have to incur fees of about $115 if I were to go ahead.

You should look for Internet service that isn't provided by barbarians.

The alternative is that fancy-schmancy Boomer thing called backups. I've luckily dodged this whole ordeal by not having had the time to play yesterday, but you can be sure the first thing I did today was to copy my Swtor folder to a big HDD. Had I've been affected, I would have had to re-download almost 4 months worth of updates...

I do both, my desktop has steam for my main, but my laptop doesn't, but I keep a back up. Thankfully I was on my desktop yesterday, and didn't hit the bug.

My point was people shouldn't need to steam to avoid this, as it shouldn't have happened :)

You should look for Internet service that isn't provided by barbarians.

they could be in a rural area, and have nothing but satellite available, it can happened, only recently (last couple of years) fiber came to my area, before that, due to the area., (mountains & a valley dip), all we had was satellite, and extremely slow mobile. Even now, we're close to the main road, but house further up can't get the fiber.

satellite here isn't cheap, nor fast, and used to have (not sure now) limitations

My point was people shouldn't need to steam to avoid this, as it shouldn't have happened :)

Of course it shouldn't have happened, but human error is a thing. Steam has other issues, and a bad patch corrupting data to the point where a full redownload is neccessary can happen with steam as well. The main advantage of steam is that their servers won't run into bandwith issues, and you can download as fast as your internet is capable of.

Edited by Mubrak

The only way they would even consider compensation is if the game was offline for 3 days to a week because of a issues. and even then they will only grant you at most 7 days extra subscription at that they would not compensate you for cartel coins either for that matter. Goto any other game and they will not compensate you back either if you don't like it tough you probably should not be playing MMOs in the first the place. All you are doing is coming across as bully or a brat that does not get their way they start making demands that never will be met. When you start making demands from a bully or brat perspective you have already lost your case.

Should they compensate people? maybe. Are they going to? most certainly not. Like i said its no different than any other devs and their MMO which have the same practices in place they all learnt from each other in how to do things since so many employees just bounce around to each company working on almost every MMO eventually. Things will not change, people keep assuming it is just EA/Bioware but its every MMO company out there.