Galactic Seasons - Credit Catch Up

DavidStaats

Hi all!

The Credit Catch-Up system for Galactic Seasons will begin this Friday, May 28th, so we wanted to take a moment and discuss what this Catch-Up brings with it, how it works, and give some insight into what it may cost.

What is the Credit Catch-Up system?

The Credit Catch-Up system is a way for players to unlock eligible Galactic Seasons Reward Levels with in-game credits to catch back up in their Galactic Seasons progress. It is designed to help players who may have fallen behind our anticipated Galactic Seasons progression cadence, or for those players who are just now joining the Season or may try the Season at a later time.

How does Credit Catch-Up work?

Once active, the Credit Catch-Up system progresses day over day, allowing Reward Levels up to that day to be unlocked with Credits. This means that starting Friday the 28th at 12:00PM GMT, Reward Level 1 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up. On Saturday the 29th, up to Reward Level 2 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up. On Sunday the 30th, up to Reward Level 3 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up.

This will continue until the Catch-Up system reaches our current Max Catch-Up Level, which is Reward Level 95. Once it reaches that point, all Reward Levels up to Reward Level 95 will remain available for Credit Catch-Up throughout the remainder of the Season, allowing players who have fallen far behind or who come in near the tail end of the Season an opportunity to Catch-Up in their progression.

How do I know which Reward Levels are Catch-Up eligible?

Any Reward Level which is eligible for Catch-Up will show the Credit icon on them with the phrase “Catch-Up”. When a player clicks on that they will be presented with a purchase option of either Cartel Coins or Credits.

Will I be eligible to use this system?

This depends on where you are in the current progression of the Season, and where you may be later on in your progression of the Season. If you are above Reward Level 1 when Catch-Up begins on the 28th you will not see any change. If you are new to Galactic Seasons starting on the 28th, you will see Reward Level 1 as an eligible Catch-Up

Players become eligible for Catch-Up if they are behind the day over day progression of the Catch-Up system. As an example, if a player joined the Season on Tuesday June 1st, they would be eligible to use the Catch-Up system to advance to Reward Level 5.

If you are a player who has been advancing throughout the Season naturally, chances are you may never encounter this system - and that’s ok! This system is intended as a means for players who find themselves coming in late to the Season or falling behind in the progression a chance to catch back up. If you never encounter it, you can rest assured that you are making ample progress in the Season!

How much will the Catch-Up system cost?

The cost of each Reward Level unlock is similar to the Jump Ahead system we offer with Cartel Coins in that each Reward Level unlocked is a multiplier against a base cost. In the case of Credit Catch-Up, the base Credit cost is 175,000 Credits. However, unlike the Jump Ahead cost, this Credit cost of each additional Catch-Up grows at an exponential rate.

As an example, here is the cost associated with the first 10 Credit Catch-Up unlocks. Note that this cost is not strictly the first 10 Reward Levels; rather it is the cost for unlocking any 10 Reward Levels through Catch-Up, regardless of which Reward Levels those are.

Catch-Up #1 = 175,000

Catch-Up #2 = 494,974

Catch-Up #3 = 909,326

Catch-Up #4 = 1,400,000

Catch-Up #5 = 1,956,559

Catch-Up #6 = 2,571,964

Catch-Up #7 = 3,241,045

Catch-Up #8 = 3,959,798

Catch-Up #9 = 4,725,000

Catch-Up #10 = 5,533,986

We hope this helps give some clarification and context for the upcoming Catch-Up system! Keep an eye out for an additional post in the near future covering some general Galactic Seasons items! Thank you again for all of your continued feedback.

EDIT: Modified date based off of updated info provided here.

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious question is "are those prices what's required to catch up to GS level X, or are they what's required to buy the Xth catchup that you buy?".

It's also not exponential growth - the ratio between consecutive prices is not fixed (2.8 something from 1 to 2, 1.17 something from 9 to 10).

That's a good thing - applying th ratio for 2=>3 to the rest of the progression gives a cost in credits that's north of 25 digits 90 levels higher.

Thanks for the info, Mr David. Seems like if I keep to my schedule of doing weeklies and dailies I won't be requiring this mechanic but its good that its there, it looks like it'll get a bit expensive over the time and I can see that being a bit of an issue for newer players but we're also in dire need of new credit sinks. This is one of them, and hopefully its able to take a good amount of credits out of circulation.

The obvious question is "are those prices what's required to catch up to GS level X, or are they what's required to buy the Xth catchup that you buy?".

They answer this in the body of their announcement:

“ Note that this cost is not strictly the first 10 Reward Levels; rather it is the cost for unlocking any 10 Reward Levels through Catch-Up, regardless of which Reward Levels those are.”

Edited by MadMidnite

It's also not exponential growth - the ratio between consecutive prices is not fixed (2.8 something from 1 to 2, 1.17 something from 9 to 10).

Well, it is an exponential function: cost = 175000 * level ^ 1.5

Edited by Mubrak

Hi all!

The Credit Catch-Up system for Galactic Seasons will begin this Thursday, May 27th, so we wanted to take a moment and discuss what this Catch-Up brings with it, how it works, and give some insight into what it may cost.

Will the Companion for the next Galactic Season be a newer type of droid than the T7 unit? And if so, should it be a T8, or a T9?

Hi all!

The Credit Catch-Up system for Galactic Seasons will begin this Thursday, May 27th, so we wanted to take a moment and discuss what this Catch-Up brings with it, how it works, and give some insight into what it may cost.

What is the Credit Catch-Up system?

The Credit Catch-Up system is a way for players to unlock eligible Galactic Seasons Reward Levels with in-game credits to catch back up in their Galactic Seasons progress. It is designed to help players who may have fallen behind our anticipated Galactic Seasons progression cadence, or for those players who are just now joining the Season or may try the Season at a later time.

How does Credit Catch-Up work?

Once active, the Credit Catch-Up system progresses day over day, allowing Reward Levels up to that day to be unlocked with Credits. This means that starting Thursday the 27th at 12:00PM GMT, Reward Level 1 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up. On Friday the 28th, up to Reward Level 2 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up. On Saturday the 29th, up to Reward Level 3 will be eligible for Credit Catch-Up.

This will continue until the Catch-Up system reaches our current Max Catch-Up Level, which is Reward Level 95. Once it reaches that point, all Reward Levels up to Reward Level 95 will remain available for Credit Catch-Up throughout the remainder of the Season, allowing players who have fallen far behind or who come in near the tail end of the Season an opportunity to Catch-Up in their progression.

How do I know which Reward Levels are Catch-Up eligible?

Any Reward Level which is eligible for Catch-Up will show the Credit icon on them with the phrase “Catch-Up”. When a player clicks on that they will be presented with a purchase option of either Cartel Coins or Credits.

Will I be eligible to use this system?

This depends on where you are in the current progression of the Season, and where you may be later on in your progression of the Season. If you are above Reward Level 1 when Catch-Up begins on the 27th, you will not see any change. If you are new to Galactic Seasons starting on the 27th, you will see Reward Level 1 as an eligible Catch-Up

Players become eligible for Catch-Up if they are behind the day over day progression of the Catch-Up system. As an example, if a player joined the Season on Tuesday June 1st, they would be eligible to use the Catch-Up system to advance to Reward Level 6.

If you are a player who has been advancing throughout the Season naturally, chances are you may never encounter this system - and that’s ok! This system is intended as a means for players who find themselves coming in late to the Season or falling behind in the progression a chance to catch back up. If you never encounter it, you can rest assured that you are making ample progress in the Season!

How much will the Catch-Up system cost?

The cost of each Reward Level unlock is similar to the Jump Ahead system we offer with Cartel Coins in that each Reward Level unlocked is a multiplier against a base cost. In the case of Credit Catch-Up, the base Credit cost is 175,000 Credits. However, unlike the Jump Ahead cost, this Credit cost of each additional Catch-Up grows at an exponential rate.

As an example, here is the cost associated with the first 10 Credit Catch-Up unlocks. Note that this cost is not strictly the first 10 Reward Levels; rather it is the cost for unlocking any 10 Reward Levels through Catch-Up, regardless of which Reward Levels those are.

Catch-Up #1 = 175,000

Catch-Up #2 = 494,974

Catch-Up #3 = 909,326

Catch-Up #4 = 1,400,000

Catch-Up #5 = 1,956,559

Catch-Up #6 = 2,571,964

Catch-Up #7 = 3,241,045

Catch-Up #8 = 3,959,798

Catch-Up #9 = 4,725,000

Catch-Up #10 = 5,533,986

We hope this helps give some clarification and context for the upcoming Catch-Up system! Keep an eye out for an additional post in the near future covering some general Galactic Seasons items! Thank you again for all of your continued feedback.

Thanks for the info David.

Now that this system is going live, can you guys please give CS a heads up and the ability to credit players with the cost of a catch up if GS has a bug.

My wife and I are already behind because of the bugs like the auto completing without points or only getting one weekly. I don’t think players should have to foot the bill for bugged content or systems.

So please consider giving CS the ability to activate a catch up for us at no cost or crediting us the cost of the catch up if we have to use our own credits.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

For those who want to see the maths. Someone posted this on Reddit and total cost of you just paying to get to lvl 95 is 6,238,766,306 credits.

Based on my calculation going from level 0 to 69 would be 2,818,677,024 credits. with level 69 being 100,302,483 credits. To get up to 95 (max credit level) would be an additional 3,420,089,282 for a total of 6,238,766,306.

Formulas used:

(1+2^1.5+3^1.5+4^1.5+5^1.5+6^1.5+7^1.5+8^1.5+9^1.5+10^1.5+11^1.5+12^1.5+13^1.5+14^1.5+15^1.5+16^1.5+17^1.5+18^1.5+19^1.5+20^1.5+21^1.5+22^1.5+23^1.5+24^1.5+25^1.5+26^1.5+27^1.5+28^1.5+29^1.5+30^1.5+31^1.5+32^1.5+33^1.5+34^1.5+35^1.5+36^1.5+37^1.5+38^1.5+39^1.5+40^1.5+41^1.5+42^1.5+43^1.5+44^1.5+45^1.5+46^1.5+47^1.5+48^1.5+49^1.5+50^1.5+51^1.5+52^1.5+53^1.5+54^1.5+55^1.5+56^1.5+57^1.5+58^1.5+59^1.5+60^1.5+61^1.5+62^1.5+63^1.5+64^1.5+65^1.5+66^1.5+67^1.5+68^1.5+69^1.5) * 175000

(70^1.5+71^1.5+72^1.5+73^1.5+74^1.5+75^1.5+76^1.5+77^1.5+78^1.5+79^1.5+80^1.5+81^1.5+82^1.5+83^1.5+84^1.5+85^1.5+86^1.5+87^1.5+88^1.5+89^1.5+90^1.5+91^1.5+92^1.5+93^1.5+94^1.5+95^1.5) * 175000

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So just going to put this out there. Who is this for?

We have a rigid style battlepass where there is a fixed number of points possible to earn each day/week. So this places players who started day one at a much easier time getting to the end of the track, which is fair. However, lets say a new player joins the game in mid july, they now HAVE to utilize the catch up system in order to finish the tree, but they don't have said credits for it.

Honestly, I think in this case it is an issue with how ridge the system is more than it is a problem with how the catch up works. Making a way for players to farm a few points after finishing dailies might alleviate some of those problems. Like Completing a personal conquest objective gives you 2 points or something. An infinity repeatable option is a better way to introduce a "catch up" than credits. Maybe lock said repeatable until the credit catch up system hits 50 or something to make it so older players can use it to burn through the pass early?

I know the pass is designed to be an extra reward to subscribers during the down time of summer, and I actually am happy it is in there, but it does need some work. So far I think just re-introducing Dark Vs. Light styled system as the way for points might have even been easier.

So just going to put this out there. Who is this for?

We have a rigid style battlepass where there is a fixed number of points possible to earn each day/week. So this places players who started day one at a much easier time getting to the end of the track, which is fair. However, lets say a new player joins the game in mid july, they now HAVE to utilize the catch up system in order to finish the tree, but they don't have said credits for it.

Honestly, I think in this case it is an issue with how ridge the system is more than it is a problem with how the catch up works. Making a way for players to farm a few points after finishing dailies might alleviate some of those problems. Like Completing a personal conquest objective gives you 2 points or something. An infinity repeatable option is a better way to introduce a "catch up" than credits. Maybe lock said repeatable until the credit catch up system hits 50 or something to make it so older players can use it to burn through the pass early?

I know the pass is designed to be an extra reward to subscribers during the down time of summer, and I actually am happy it is in there, but it does need some work. So far I think just re-introducing Dark Vs. Light styled system as the way for points might have even been easier.

Having burned through nearly my entire stash of cartel coins to complete season one, and seeing how many days on my other accounts I either can't (because they're not subs) or won't (because I will not participate in PVP/GSF/etc.) complete a given day, I see absolutely no way I'll be participating in Season 2.

This offering meant to suck cartel coin stashes such as mine and the largess of in-game credits from GTN crafting and cc--to--gtn whales and the like. Galactic Seasons, once it's performed its initial task of clearing out everyone's bank and cc stash, will have served its intended purpose. Convince me otherwise.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Having burned through nearly my entire stash of cartel coins to complete season one, and seeing how many days on my other accounts I either can't (because they're not subs) or won't (because I will not participate in PVP/GSF/etc.) complete a given day, I see absolutely no way I'll be participating in Season 2.

This offering meant to suck cartel coin stashes such as mine and the largess of in-game credits from GTN crafting and cc--to--gtn whales and the like. Galactic Seasons, once it's performed its initial task of clearing out everyone's bank and cc stash, will have served its intended purpose. Convince me otherwise.

Uhh, it isn't because why would you spend CC/credits on it when you can play the game and get it naturally. Like I am already sitting at 38 in Star Forge, and it hasn't even been a month. My entire point was that the credit system has almost no purpose outside of burning 1-3 levels if you slightly get behind... which shouldn't really be a problem at the rate the average player is going.

Like, Swtor has kind of combined two different battle pass styles. The first style is the timed battlepass. These usually are earned through just playing the game, red dead online comes to mind for me as an example. You buy the battlepass with Gold (the semi premium currency that you can still earn) and then level it up by just getting the same XP as you normally do playing the game. The other style is the weekly/daily set up which is usually tied with a non-missable battle pass. Things like Marvel's Avengers do this by attaching a battle pass to each character and you can level it up only through missions, but there is no time limit on finishing it.

These systems are just at odds with each other. You want me to get this battlepass done before X date, but at the same time I am unable to grind out any more of the pass to get ahead. The solution they found was just to make it so you can skip literally every weekly, and 100 dailies and still have enough points.

Uhh, it isn't because why would you spend CC/credits on it when you can play the game .

It's the amount of the game one's willing to play. I'm not the only one on this forum pushing back on being offered content -- even with a reroll once a day or once a week -- that I don't want to engage. Trading out a GSF for a PVP on daily reroll means points I won't be earning, and since we're talking my non-sub account, there's even less available.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have to admit, I'm a bit salty at the lost progress due to bugs.

I'm not a kid who can play every day -- I have a job and family -- so hopefully the season won't reset before I have a chance to unlock the things I want.

Speaking of which, what will the rewards for the next season look like?

IE: If I don't unlock a deco at a high level in Season 1, is it gone forever?

Speaking of which, what will the rewards for the next season look like?

IE: If I don't unlock a deco at a high level in Season 1, is it gone forever?

So this is just my assumption based on how the system is currently working, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe they are going to be utilizing the second vendor that is currently selling old subscriber rewards as a way to buy older items you missed. This entire system seems to be a way of putting back in older subscriber rewards without getting said older subscribers annoyed with their sub money/time playing not getting respected.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add more season tokens to the progression track for future seasons as well, as this season is basically just 2 armor sets that are reuses of each other, 1 cartel market reskin, 1 set of weapons with two color schemes, and a fully influenced companion. Which I am not complaining, as this is basically just "free" for subscribers, but it does make unlocking each level to feel... kind of empty

So this is just my assumption based on how the system is currently working, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe they are going to be utilizing the second vendor that is currently selling old subscriber rewards as a way to buy older items you missed. This entire system seems to be a way of putting back in older subscriber rewards without getting said older subscribers annoyed with their sub money/time playing not getting respected.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add more season tokens to the progression track for future seasons as well, as this season is basically just 2 armor sets that are reuses of each other, 1 cartel market reskin, 1 set of weapons with two color schemes, and a fully influenced companion. Which I am not complaining, as this is basically just "free" for subscribers, but it does make unlocking each level to feel... kind of empty

Yup for many people the only reason they are doing them at all are the companions they missed out on. But apparently that has been broken since launch...and a month later they have said nothing.

The strongholds will be around for next round as you can only get 1...unless you transfer a character from another server. Apparently people are doing this to circumvent the restriction.

Just an FYI, it isn't working. Switched to a server where I have 0 GS, and level 1 is not purchaseable.

I can confirm this. I play mainly on DM, however, I just logged into Satele Shan and Star Forge where I have around 25 characters (ranging from level 10 - level 75 if that's relevant) that I rarely play so my GS is at 0 both those servers. Only the cartel coin unlock is available.