Crafting Window Only Updates Sporadically + Default Sort is PITA

foxmob

I vaguely remember this issue a couple years ago, and now that I'm back, it seems to be the norm:

I open the crafting window e.g., for cybertech, and the mats for an item are listed in the craft panel alongside the mats I have, and however many of the item I can make with those mats is also listed.

The problem is once I start crafting, either the mats don't update in the panel or the number of items it says I can make doesn't change. This is particularly true after I fill one companion's queue and swap to another companion.

The only way I've been able to resolve this is to close the crafting window completely and reopen it. But even this isn't without problems, because it resets the window completely. That mean having re-sort items and find them again. This brings me to the second issue I'm having with crafting: the default sorting filter appears to be "difficulty." Now you would think that's a reasonable and intuitive sorting method, but it's actually the worst of the three (the others are "level" and "rating").

I say this because what's most important (imo, ofc) is identifying items between A) xpack and B) tier. Coming back to onslaught, the onslaught schems are buried betwixt and between the Eternal Empire stuff. It's always been like this, and I've always had to re-sort the window every time, but it's particularly annoying now that the mats fail to update properly on a regular basis.

Soo...what are ppl doing about this?

Edited by foxmob

I'm pretty sure someone bugged it somewhere in another thread, but yeah, the crafting window is in a sorry state right now with how it updates. I'm forever having to close the window and reopen it to poll the latest list of what's available to craft based on remaining resources, and it does a poor job of hopping from one tier's list of missions to another when switching between mission, crafting, and harvesting. Edited by xordevoreaux

so just close the window and resort each time?

Yes. Every. Single. Time.

There are more things broken with crafting than the two you posted and even if it all worked it wouldn't change the fact that the entire process is tedious and feels abandoned.

When the goal is profit over player enjoyment then there is no motivation for them to fix something that could directly compete with the Cartel Market.

honestly, I'm just making augments and augment kits. but that does require a lot of crafting and DCing (when did they get rid of RE? I don't like that non-crafters can "RE" for mats as if they were crafters).

honestly, I'm just making augments and augment kits. but that does require a lot of crafting and DCing (when did they get rid of RE? I don't like that non-crafters can "RE" for mats as if they were crafters).

With 6.0 it became part of the whole gearing system. Showering people with drops and allowing them to deconstruct them for (among other things) tech fragments was, I believe, supposed to be considered one (thin..) layer of 'bad luck protection'. Didn't get the drop you wanted? Have some tech fragments to try again at a vendor.

Gear from before 6.0 still works the old way, and non-crafters can't deconstruct it.

I don't like that non-crafters can "RE" for mats as if they were crafters

Too much competition for you on the GTN? I have alts. Lots. And Lots. Of alts. And I craft. Why in the world would I want to dump stuff into legacy, grab the stuff out of legacy, just to have a crafting toon RE something when I can do it on the toon I'm on?

Edited by xordevoreaux

They can't. If you DC outside your known crafting skill, you get Tech Frags and Jawa tokens. If you DC something that your known crafting skill can make, you get materials and Tech Frags.

You can assign a crafting skill to even alts that you don't intend to craft on for the sake of RE. 180+ toons, they all have crafting and harvesting skills even though only a select few are 700.

Too much competition for you on the GTN? I have alts. Lots. And Lots. Of alts. And I craft. Why in the world would I want to dump stuff into legacy, grab the stuff out of legacy, just to have a crafting toon RE something when I can do it on the toon I'm on?

1. I don't play the GTN
  2. jawa scrap alone, with how easy it is to come by, is bad enough
  3. god forbid you have to use your crafters to do what they do

look, man, there should be some effort involved here, not to mention a little realism. it's not even hard work. it's just a little effort. so yes. pass the gear to your crafters. OMG SO HARD! HOW CAN I GO ON?

:rolleyes:

1. I don't play the GTN
  2. jawa scrap alone, with how easy it is to come by, is bad enough
  3. god forbid you have to use your crafters to do what they do

look, man, there should be some effort involved here, not to mention a little realism. it's not even hard work. it's just a little effort. so yes. pass the gear to your crafters. OMG SO HARD! HOW CAN I GO ON?

:rolleyes:

Go on all you like. Scream your lungs out about it. I'm free to disagree with you.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There's another bug too.

Let's say you click on the scavenging icon in the companion window and send a companion to do a level 7 mission.

If you don't close the window but click on any other icon from the companion window for another type of mission, all the missions above level 7 will be greyed out.

You have to close the mission window and reopen it to be able to see the highest level mission.

Super annoying bug when you're like me and find it easier to click in the companion window to send them on missions than to scroll down the list of names in the mission window...