What are you going to miss the most when 7.0 hits?

OrionSol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very little I think

I'm actually looking forward to the chopping down of abilities/utilities (unpopular opinion I know)

And I don't believe for a second the player base will meaningfully shrink. We'll lose the usual loud doomsayers (who will probably be back within a few months, per usual) but otherwise I expect the usual post launch spike of players that will qu8ickly dwindle back to roughly current levels as the locust crowd finishes the new content and moves on.

An inventory screen that doesn't hurt my eyes to look at.

Choices

Being able to queue for FPs with friends. On the PTS the FPs rotate and if you are not a high enough level to be in the "rotation" BW just doesn't let you queue. That I won't be able to queue for random FPs with real life friends is a bummer, this is an MMORPG after all.

Playing varied/obscure content in the game without feeling like I'm wasting time, getting punished and unrewarded for doing so and like I should raid HM/NiM Ops in exslucive Discord instead (which I simply won't do even if they put 1 trillion credits inside NiM ops).

Having a reason to play/use multiple alts. Ain't gonna happen in 7.0

Gearing all my alts like in 6.0. Why even bother in 7.0. Or frankly, who the hell would have time for that? Not planning to end up being homeless due to constant SWTOR grinding

In short, I'll do the 1 hour od new story and then come back a year later for another total of 1 hour of new story.

Edited by Pietrastor

- A real story worthy of being an expansion.

- Modable gear. Sorry, but I don't care about what stats you want me have as devs, I have my own preferences.

- Playing lots of alts

- Playing the content I want to play and getting rewarded. Sorry, nothing is gonna get me to play MM FPs or Ops (regardless of difficulty mode).

- A real story worthy of being an expansion.

- Modable gear. Sorry, but I don't care about what stats you want me have as devs, I have my own preferences.

- Playing lots of alts

- Playing the content I want to play and getting rewarded. Sorry, nothing is gonna get me to play MM FPs or Ops (regardless of difficulty mode).

+1. Same for me. I like being able to progressively and meaningfully gear my characters by playing however I choose to, and not being stuck with crappy green gear.

Game I used to like.

lol

I am on TC right now, trying to change between specs and it keeps forcing my UI placement of my key bindings into locations I don't want. SO FREAKING STUPID. It makes loadouts completely worthless and unusable.

Very little I think

I'm actually looking forward to the chopping down of abilities/utilities (unpopular opinion I know)

And I don't believe for a second the player base will meaningfully shrink. We'll lose the usual loud doomsayers (who will probably be back within a few months, per usual) but otherwise I expect the usual post launch spike of players that will qu8ickly dwindle back to roughly current levels as the locust crowd finishes the new content and moves on.

Have you actually been on TC?

I will wait and see if they fix some of the bugs associated with the load outs. Though, not thrilled with everything I saw on PTS, I will wait and see what happens.

What have you liked?

I was hopeful this click switch would be cool for loadouts and combat styles.

It actually sucks. The UI is broken and the game doesn't remember your locked key binding decisions.

So at the start of the PTS testing it was looking bad, but now I think it isn't going to be that bad, maybe even good.

With 6.0 the issue everyone was seeing was the way the grind would work to get to 306, and it was/still is bad. However, I still saw what the devs were trying with the armor sets. You would see people running with some of the 4 piece max sets on pts because it was what looked good at the time. There was that diversity.

With 7.0 PTS I am having the same feeling, but this time around it is more mixed in with the systems. I like aspects of the ability tree they are adding, Sin Tank's thunder becoming an AoE/ Operative's kolto injection being AoE comes to mind. But there are still the lvl 73 choice that no one enjoys making.

With gearing I don't hate the implant system they have, it is a unique way to handle the sheer amount of set bonus ideas they had in 6.0, but it a way that actually allows mix and matching. However, the gear grind they are setting up is more confusing that 1.x/2.x with it's currencies. I still have no idea where I should be going to gear on day one. I currently am running some NiM in live, so should I just skip flashpoints and gear in sm/hm ops? Or should I gear first in flashpoints. Even within flashpoints do I gear in vet first? or skip to HM, as there gear upgrades are different for some reason.

So to answer your question...

Renown (I just like the post max level leveling as a feature even if it does nothing) :jawa_wink::jawa_wink:

So at the start of the PTS testing it was looking bad, but now I think it isn't going to be that bad, maybe even good.
oh?

I currently am running some NiM in live
well that explains it, I guess that <1% of the playerbase will not find 7.0 "that bad" :csw_c3po::rak_grin: Edited by Pietrastor

oh?

well that explains it, I guess that <1% of the playerbase will not find 7.0 "that bad" :csw_c3po::rak_grin:

I mean, healing NiM... not DPSing

But I only got into NiM fairly recently, just trying to show the level of play I am trying to achieve/am achieving. I still worry about purpose in doing lower tier content, hence why I am not giving many positives on the stat/irating grind of gear, but still praising the systems and skeleton of the system.

What I am referencing is the changes after guardian's pts. They heard the feedback and, for the most part, listened to what we were disliking.

Now the main things you will be losing are DcDs, stuns, and side abilities that weren't used outside of niche opportunities, in example Merc's explosive dart.

They listened to the concerns around utility being lost, and made sure that the utility was being compensated if you were choosing to keep said utility.

Side note, I know NiM raiders are a small subset, but they also are the guys that pug hardmodes for fun between raids that people join in a server's main grouping "/cjoin" chat. The people who play hardmodes, not necessarily the hardmares, do make up a decent chunk of the game.

Also implying just because a player plays in a harder difficulty tier means they can't/don't understand the concerns/interests of the rest of the player base isn't productive. You can play NiM but also play the master mode chapters, play unranked PVP and some ranked PVP on a character or two, and even run flashpoints with friends who are new to the game and barely understand their abilities. I dislike the gearing grind coming in 7.0, but I can also see the positives coming down. It isn't a pure revert back to 2.X gearing, but rather a mesh of that style gearing with the diversity of 6.0 when it comes to set bonuses, utilities, and tacticals.

1. Fun

First, their reducing the fun and creative things by limiting what skills you take at a time. Want to pull a mob and teleport back? That's fine but you can't use another ability now because... Amnesia.

2. Sense of Reward

Second, the PTS is just punishing with no upside. You're weaker, your stats count for less, you can't mod or change your stats, enemies take considerably longer to kill, and on top of that your rewards are scraps to upgrade generic static stat gear. So not only am I less then what I was 5 levels ago, there is literally no desirable path forward. Trashing the replay value to an insane point.

3. PvP

Had absolutely loved it in 6.0, was in a great shape, sure stun locks could have used some tweaking, but a simple diminishing returns timer improvement or increase stun missed chance in sequences, etc. Their desire to cap the content removes the gearing aspect, which again... Whats the point of upgrading or grinding if your gear is meaningless. There are plenty of cookie cutter multiplayer games, it was nice to have the combo of skill and gear for once in a pvp aspect that worked.

4. Community Members

Lost so many people in my communities since 7.0 was announced, people who loved the game. But I can't fault them at all BW has broken the trust and they keep removing what players like to "Improve Gameplay"

Edited by TheVoyant

I can say what I won't miss - the constant "7.0 is going to kill SWTOR" posts. 😂

Its weird people take that so literally, its just a dramatic way of saying "this will lead to less subs"

Will it kill the game outright? No.

Will it help retain players? No.

Will new players have any idea of any of this? No.

Is it a sound business decision to cannibalize your base in the hopes you will attract new players to offset revenue loss? No.

People are just disappointed and voicing their frustration, which they should. It's when people make excuses or try to silence those who vocalize their views that there's an issue.

Its just people trying to give the Devs a wake up call in hopes the game they love doesn't get trashed.