kotet

Orufurawa

It makes default choices for the content you skip. For Republic it makes Light Side choices and chooses to save Vette. For Empire it makes Dark Side choices and chooses to save Torian (except Sith Warriors choose Vette because she's a class companion). There might be other core story companions affected. I don't remember. Alliance Alerts to get other companions are not affected. They will remain and you can complete them any time. Also, romances started with Theron or Lana are lost. Your character's personal alignment won't be changed. If you are Light Side Sith, you'll still be Light Side Sith, but NPCs may refer to past atrocities your character committed (based on those default choices). There's a thread that details this somewhere, but I don't remember the name of it. You can probably find it with a search.

There might be other core story companions affected. I don't remember.

There's just one other whose fate is different, the pushy droid.

SCORPIO

If you are Pubside, or if you are an Agent, she merges with Iokath at the end of Chapter V of KotET.

If you are Impside but *not* an Agent, you kill her.

And the key point is that the chapters of KotET you've already done will be transformed into the defaulted versions unless you play all the way through to the beginning of War on Iokath.

Actually, starting Iokath does not auto-complete earlier chapters. For some reason only starting Jedi Under Siege does.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that eventually all your choices will be defaulted as above posters specified.

One thing I can suggest for making Valkorion/Vaylin fight easier (in case you didn't try it before) -

don't release Darmath from the holocron on Nathema. He will make the Vaylin part in the mindscape significantly easier.

I don't recommend skipping to Iokath without at least actually starting KotFE and finishing chapter 1.

It's buggy as heck. You'll have weird things happening (they assume that Scorpio is alive even if you play dark side) and mostly it can mess up your romances.

By skipping straight from class story to Iokath I never lost my companions. I was romancing Quinn (as buggy as it gets, considering that I said I was done with it at some point but he still assumed we were together) and never got the romance scene with him in Iokath.

Also skipping KotET with my agents, I never lost Scorpio.

Frankly, they should have made it so that Iokath autocompletes KotFE.