[Weekly] Daily Area: Rishi Feedback

Firstly, I want to say, It's great that Rishi FINALLY has a Weekly mission. Not sure why it took this long, but I'm not going to look a gift Tauntaun in the mouth (Or in this case, a gift Rishii in the beak)!

I did notice one bug, however. If you grab the quest "A Crew of Your Own" from the Daily terminal on Rishi, it has you go speak to Harlow Ricks in the Blaster's Path Cantina, however when you click on him to start the cutscene, it doesn't actually play the cutscene. A work around for this seems to be going to the cantina instead of grabbing the quest from the daily terminal. Doing it the workaround way still counts toward completing the weekly.

I figured I'd give you some feedback NOW instead of it still being broken when 6.3 goes live!

• Dev Post
Firstly, I want to say, It's great that Rishi FINALLY has a Weekly mission. Not sure why it took this long, but I'm not going to look a gift Tauntaun in the mouth (Or in this case, a gift Rishii in the beak)!

I did notice one bug, however. If you grab the quest "A Crew of Your Own" from the Daily terminal on Rishi, it has you go speak to Harlow Ricks in the Blaster's Path Cantina, however when you click on him to start the cutscene, it doesn't actually play the cutscene. A work around for this seems to be going to the cantina instead of grabbing the quest from the daily terminal. Doing it the workaround way still counts toward completing the weekly.

I figured I'd give you some feedback NOW instead of it still being broken when 6.3 goes live!

Hey LtGeneralGezlin,

This is something on our radar. As a heads up, a fix for it won't be coming in 6.3, but we are aiming to fix it in an upcoming patch in the future.

I can confirm the findings of LtGeneralGezlin.

The question why a Rishi weekly quest has been added more than seven years after patch 3.0 may be left open.

In any case:

a) achievements regarding Rishi daily/weekly area should either be introduced with patch 6.3 or never be introduced; and

b) in case achievements are introduced, no repetitons of the Rishi achievements already in the game.

Furthermore:

Regarding the Quest "The Great Beast Hunt" it should be indicated in the weekly that this mission can only be completed after the quests "An Interrupted Hunt" and "Hunting Trail" have been completed, in case the character has not completed these quests yet.

Edited by The_Hightower

Hey LtGeneralGezlin,

This is something on our radar. As a heads up, a fix for it won't be coming in 6.3, but we are aiming to fix it in an upcoming patch in the future.

Interesting, good to know! Hopefully it will be fixed in 6.3.

And while I have you looking at the thread, Jackie. Any chance you can take a look over at this thread I posted last time the PTS was up, and just confirm that the dev team knows? These arrival cutscenes have been broken since 2019 (Or in the case of one arrival cutscene; since 2015!)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=986453

I can confirm the findings of LtGeneralGezlin.

The question why a Rishi weekly quest has been added more than seven years after patch 3.0 may be left open.

In any case:

a) achievements regarding Rishi daily/weekly area should either be introduced with patch 6.3 or never be introduced; and

b) in case achievements are introduced, no repetitons of the Rishi achievements already in the game.

Furthermore:

Regarding the Quest "The Great Beast Hunt" it should be indicated in the weekly that this mission can only be completed after the quests "An Interrupted Hunt" and "Hunting Trail" have been completed, in case the character has not completed these quests yet.

I know that in the case of point A, there are achievemnts related to two (Well, three) of the Rishi Dailies; A Crew of Your Own, and the Red Hull Retribution/Howling Tempest Retribution, but I don't believe the other dailies have achievements attached.

The workaround to get the Harlow Ricks quest works (I'd already picked it up so had to abandon it in order to talk to him).

Scanning the datastreams was a pile of frustration; the second & third ones will only capture if you stand at exactly one spot or it will just keep failing. I found I had to run out of the "datastream detected" area then walking back in until the "datastream detected" notification flashes up and stopping as soon as it does worked - note: I have to try several places to get this to work. Any further and you cannot correctly scan the datastream. In addition, the scanner will work from the icon in your missions list once. After that you have to either use it from your inventory or place it from your mission items inventory onto a free slot in your action bar in order to scan for datastreams.

I could only pick up 4 of the 5 required quests - "Howling Tempest Retribution" was not available. Is this intentional? Are the available quests randomised? If so, it's possible that the quest I need to complete the weekly might not appear.

Overall, whilst Rishi weeklies are a nice idea, especially as I like Rishi as an area, I can't see me bothering with these quests unless they become a daily PO. And if they do, I will try them off peak as I suspect the respawn time on the Jungle Grophets will be a nightmare. The rewards aren't enough to tempt me either. Most of us will be at max rep with Rishi years ago (I definitely was) and I'm not bothered about increasing renown. New Rishi themed rewards (decorations, gear to use as outfits like another pirate armour set) might make the effort worthwhile.