Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

Ylliarus

As the title says, I understand of course that for the sake of mobility these two abilities were taken away from these classes. In all honesty however, this was not necessary and has stripped both Assassins and Shadows of the most iconic abilities of the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Sage umbrella classes. Sure, maybe Telekinetic Throw wasn't that iconic, but Force Lightning with the Inquisitor classes? Really, I miss the ability so badly with my Assassin, especially considering that he is using Force Lightning in the cutscenes. It's really weird that he can use the Force Power when torturing people just fine but it's taken away as an offensive ability.

Surely more people feel the same way about this? It might not be the biggest thing to solve out there, but while the improvement would be small in the wider context of the game, it would bring back so much satisfaction, enjoyment and immersion. So I ask, no, beg the devs to consider bringing back Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw to the Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow respectively. If not exactly the same ability, then a version of those two abilities that keeps in line with the mobility of each class.

Please, bring back Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw to Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows, please...

Yeah I agree for cutscene sake but in all honesty they never served a purpose however I use to love pre-casting crushing darkness that was an OP ability to have.

The thing I want back most from the glory days is active stances. FTW

Edited by DarthSealth

Yeah I agree for cutscene sake but in all honesty they never served a purpose however I use to love pre-casting crushing darkness that was an OP ability to have.

That's why there is an excellent opportunity for Bioware to tweak Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw a bit so that it would become useful to the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows on those classes. Perhaps they could make it a mobile ability, being able to be cast while running. It doesn't have to be the exact copy of the Sorcerer/Sage version, it could be an ability specifically made for the Assassins/Shadows :)

That's why there is an excellent opportunity for Bioware to tweak Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw a bit so that it would become useful to the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows on those classes. Perhaps they could make it a mobile ability, being able to be cast while running. It doesn't have to be the exact copy of the Sorcerer/Sage version, it could be an ability specifically made for the Assassins/Shadows :)

Yeah I agree they could do something similar to how Darkness was originally Depredating Volts would replace Force Lightning.

There was many good things like Crushing Darkness, Active Stances and Phase walk that we shouldn't have lost.

I'd love to see Force Lightning, Crushing Darkness and Active Stances returned as for Phase Walk they can keep that as long as they give use a new mobility ability like Mad Dash ideally Darth Maul's from Dice: Battlefront 2.

Assassins definitely need more mobility.

Edited by DarthSealth

Agreed! I hate how Projectile and Force Lightning are replaced by a twirl the lightsaber and blast power. :/

I don't mind those abilities, or at least, I didn't mind them back when we still had Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw back on the Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows. But the removal of those abilities did detract from the Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Sage feel from them and that damaged how much I enjoy those advanced classes.

Besides, as I said before, even if you play as a Sith Assassin they use Force Lightning in the cutscenes. Why couldn't they use it as an offensive power in our ability bar as well, it just doesn't make sense.

And I agree with the others, especially while in the Hatred spec or the Jedi equivalent Crushing Darkness and the Shadow equivalent should have stayed as well. Their removal was just a huge pity and frankly, an unnecessary move.

There was a purpose, albeit a very specific and not commonly used, and that was to use it with force potency to interrupt enemies capping objectives.

I also miss the stances. Force Breach/Discharge feels very boring nowadays because it's... static. Not that you'd ever want to hop over to another stance and use that version of Force Breach, but losing your version of Force Breach was a nice penalty for changing stance.

And, more on topic, I also miss telekinetic throw :D .. I guess I miss project even more (I main Serenity), but telekinetic throw was a nice-looking ability.

I've been wanting a lightening ability of some sort on my assassin for ages now and it also makes sense since the inquisitors are meant to be lightening slinging force users.

A one handed lightening charge other than electrocute would look great on the sin similar to the one you see in the trailer here:

Yeah, i even reroled my main SI because i couldn't take the immersion break between ingame and cutscenes any longer. Until i found out that sorc (especially lightning) suuuuuuuuuuuucks as DPS. Absolute trash unless you go Datacron hunting which i did. Phantomwalk or what it's called saved me countless attempts to cut my wrists because i failed some stupid jump :p So ultimately i renamed her, reroled the char as an assassin and keep the sorc just out of sentimentality and gratefullness for our joined Datacron suffering.

Ingame wise i enjoy the assassin way more than the sorc but i do miss force lightning a lot! I wish the assassin would get force lighning, maybe as a new ability in 6.0 with a new level cap or as an animation replacement for this lightsaber twirl thing. Until then i will use my heroic moment to...light up...my opponents :cool:

So OP, +1 from me.

I've been wanting a lightening ability of some sort on my assassin for ages now and it also makes sense since the inquisitors are meant to be lightening slinging force users.

A one handed lightening charge other than electrocute would look great on the sin similar to the one you see in the trailer here:

It proves that Force Lightning can be cast with one hand alone. Besides, we even see the Sith Assassin in the trailer cast Force Lightning but can we do that ingame? It's such a pity that it was taken away all those years back, because even in Bioware's own trailers we see a Sith Assassin cast Force Lightning.

It proves that Force Lightning can be cast with one hand alone. Besides, we even see the Sith Assassin in the trailer cast Force Lightning but can we do that ingame? It's such a pity that it was taken away all those years back, because even in Bioware's own trailers we see a Sith Assassin cast Force Lightning.

Because they like dumbing down the experience and in favour of boring grinds.

Whilst stupidly contradicting themselves like with the 100% command perk of recognising only 8 base classes?

Fun in this game is minuscule to what it use to be, like the decluttering of abilities that players felt had no justification having a place on your bar in favour of Rotation, Rotation, Rotation. I never understood such nonsense I always play a game how I see fit and what is fun and cool. Abilities I viewed as clutter just wouldn't appear on my quickbar.

Removal of stances was people moaning about new players not using the correct stances like wow talk about impatience give new players a chance to learn, we've all made mistakes.

But nothing like post 5.0 was actually how can I say it not exactly bad when compared to the shipwreck that is 5.0.

I hoped and prayed that Chief Keith would rectify them mistakes and back track on them I even personally PM'ed him to ask him explaining how great games such as KOTOR relied on choice and SWTOR was formed on that basis taking away choice from the player is when a ship starts to sink.

Forced Paywall Grind, Weekly Passes Removed, Base Classes Removed, Abilities Stripped, Active Stances Removed, Ninja/Stealth Nerfs. < All happened since 5.0. and yes I understand Chief Keith held no part in those decisions but to carry them out was just as bad or if not worse. I always wanted to like Keith but just felt he was another EA yes man.

I'm pro consumer because I know where my bread is buttered and if that means fighting the big cats and losing my job doing the right decisions then so be it, because in the end I know I was right and that nothing worse could happen to me unlike a company living on borrowed time.

(This quote is what I think of since I've been fighting the current gaming industry standards.)

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things. I do not want to win our war like this, tiny Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true."

Edited by DarthSealth

Because they like dumbing down the experience and in favour of boring grinds.

Whilst stupidly contradicting themselves like with the 100% command perk of recognising only 8 base classes?

Fun in this game is minuscule to what it use to be, like the decluttering of abilities that players felt had no justification having a place on your bar in favour of Rotation, Rotation, Rotation. I never understood such nonsense I always play a game how I see fit and what is fun and cool. Abilities I viewed as clutter just wouldn't appear on my quickbar.

Removal of stances was people moaning about new players not using the correct stances like wow talk about impatience give new players a chance to learn, we've all made mistakes.

But nothing like post 5.0 was actually how can I say it not exactly bad when compared to the shipwreck that is 5.0.

I hoped and prayed that Chief Keith would rectify them mistakes and back track on them I even personally PM'ed him to ask him explaining how great games such as KOTOR relied on choice and SWTOR was formed on that basis taking away choice from the player is when a ship starts to sink.

Forced Paywall Grind, Weekly Passes Removed, Base Classes Removed, Abilities Stripped, Active Stances Removed, Ninja/Stealth Nerfs. < All happened since 5.0. and yes I understand Chief Keith held no part in those decisions but to carry them out was just as bad or if not worse. I always wanted to like Keith but just felt he was another EA yes man.

I'm pro consumer because I know where my bread is buttered and if that means fighting the big cats and losing my job doing the right decisions then so be it, because in the end I know I was right and that nothing worse could happen to me unlike a company living on borrowed time.

(This quote is what I think of since I've been fighting the current gaming industry standards.)

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things. I do not want to win our war like this, tiny Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true."

I admit that these few weeks that I have rolled a new Sith Assassin I find myself thinking of how it used to be in the past. I kind of even miss the first Skill Tree we had at the start of the game. I wonder if people here even remember that one. It was always fun to do that little mission around picking the Advanced Classes. The changes they made afterwards, seperating the advanced classes even further was a real pity. I kind of miss how it was before those changes, but I guess they really wanted to be able to say they have 16 classes instead of the 8 we used to have.

Edited by Ylliarus

I admit that these few weeks that I have rolled a new Sith Assassin I find myself thinking of how it used to be in the past. I kind of even miss the first Skill Tree we had at the start of the game. I wonder if people here even remember that one. It was always fun to do that little mission around picking the Advanced Classes. The changes they made afterwards, seperating the advanced classes even further was a real pity. I kind of miss how it was before those changes, but I guess they really wanted to be able to say they have 16 classes instead of the 8 we used to have.

Yeah I really enjoyed the hybrids etc, Was that mission the one where we'd pick our advance class on the fleet? I can't really remember but I feel as if we had to pick our classes on the fleet... Hmmm god my memory Is terrible.

Yeah I really enjoyed the hybrids etc, Was that mission the one where we'd pick our advance class on the fleet? I can't really remember but I feel as if we had to pick our classes on the fleet... Hmmm god my memory Is terrible.

Yes, those missions did indeed start on the fleet! They didn't have that much content of course but it was a really enjoyable bit that made the choice of the advanced classes feel special and immersive. You learned something of the advanced classes lorewise as well, so it was basically story fluff but very nice story fluff.

And that was the fun thing, that with the skill tree back then you could actually make a form of hybrid. They were really nicely designed and made the choice of skill perks interesting and engaging, but sadly they dumbed it down. I've no complaints about the current system ofc, but still, the first one was better.

But most importantly I miss having Force Lightning on Sith Assassins, it's really a thing for me. Sith Inquisitors are my favourite class and it was always so cool to be able to use the ability on my toons. When Bioware took it away I actually stopped playing and then deleted my Sith Assassins, because they didn't feel proper anymore. I wish we got Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw back on Assassins and Shadows, then don't feel right without those abilities :(

Yes, please.

Though, even more so, I'd like Phase Walk back.

Sorry, but Sages and Sorcs aren't even stealth classes. And it was OUR ability since 2.0.

Lastly, I'd love it if the 5.0 additional animation when activating your "defensive bubble" in tank spec (I can't recall the name, but it's one of the defensive cooldowns) were altered or removed. It's a big purple or yellow blob at your feet. On Shadows, it looks like swirling vomit (or worse) even with graphics settings on Ultra. The regular general ability already had a very visible effect on the player character. There was no need to add this in when 5.0 came out.

Then again, 5.0 did so many things that were... well, not for the best.

Edited by arunav

Yes, please.

Though, even more so, I'd like Phase Walk back.

Sorry, but Sages and Sorcs aren't even stealth classes. And it was OUR ability since 2.0.

Lastly, I'd love it if the 5.0 additional animation when activating your "defensive bubble" in tank spec (I can't recall the name, but it's one of the defensive cooldowns) were altered or removed. It's a big purple or yellow blob at your feet. On Shadows, it looks like swirling vomit (or worse) even with graphics settings on Ultra. The regular general ability already had a very visible effect on the player character. There was no need to add this in when 5.0 came out.

Then again, 5.0 did so many things that were... well, not for the best.

Yup, Phase Walk should have stayed for both classes really. I still can't wrap my head around some of the changes they made, in the sense that those changes were absolutely not necessary and only r ruined stuff.

I really wouldn't mind it if Bioware just said "yup, we made a mistake, sorry, let's revert some things". I mean, I can't imagine people complaining if they got Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw and Phase Walk back on their Assassins/Shadows.

And if they really want something else for those advanced classes, they can make a special form of Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw for them, that is like cast with only one hand and is mobile or something. Seriously, we even see that Sith Assassin in the Return trailer cast Force Lightning with one hand. Why couldn't our characters do the same?

Yes, those missions did indeed start on the fleet! They didn't have that much content of course but it was a really enjoyable bit that made the choice of the advanced classes feel special and immersive. You learned something of the advanced classes lorewise as well, so it was basically story fluff but very nice story fluff.

And that was the fun thing, that with the skill tree back then you could actually make a form of hybrid. They were really nicely designed and made the choice of skill perks interesting and engaging, but sadly they dumbed it down. I've no complaints about the current system ofc, but still, the first one was better.

But most importantly I miss having Force Lightning on Sith Assassins, it's really a thing for me. Sith Inquisitors are my favourite class and it was always so cool to be able to use the ability on my toons. When Bioware took it away I actually stopped playing and then deleted my Sith Assassins, because they didn't feel proper anymore. I wish we got Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw back on Assassins and Shadows, then don't feel right without those abilities :(

Yeah the old spec tree I loved despite at first it was frustrating because never had/knew the concept of it but I grew to love it, I actually have been asking for this back or I wouldn't say no to a vanilla server base with all the old quirks but still updated with the new content just for comparison which systems are indeed more popular like (New vs Old System)

Yes I do miss lightning but then again I guess that's why I always went with Darkness. Which is my third in line go to character (Main is Fury, Second is Immortal & Third is Darkness) I do however play the other specs probably my Fourth is Engineering. I am rather growing fond of Hatred, I did hate it back before Deception nerf because Deception was super fun, fast and OP at lvl 70.

But all in all I can't remember much of the old skill trees I never really played all classes with it and it was removed fairly quick in my opinion, I know I played as a semi hybrid of Rage on both Juggernaut and Marauder. I played a little on my Assassin but that was it really. The Assassin I abandoned half way through, because I only liked playing my two SW specs whilst being called a "Smash Monkey" those were the times. I left the game around 2.0 when they removed Savage Kick because it left me deeply disgruntled.

I felt the same when they removed Disable Droid in 5.0. However I shortly found out that was only the tip of the iceberg to perhaps make me feel that overall Patch 5.0. was the worse patch in SWTOR history it damaged an already damaged game to unrepairable lengths and will ultimately cause the death of SWTOR.

Edited by DarthSealth

Sure, why not. I don't subscribe to the theory that less choice is better, be it in abilities, talents or weapon proficiencies. I understand ability pruning is seen as necessary to dumb things down for dumb players and pvp whi--- err, balance, but surely these particular abilities can't have caused the developers that much of a headache.

Sure, why not. I don't subscribe to the theory that less choice is better, be it in abilities, talents or weapon proficiencies. I understand ability pruning is seen as necessary to dumb things down for dumb players and pvp whi--- err, balance, but surely these particular abilities can't have caused the developers that much of a headache.

Exactly, I understand why they might have wanted to prune the abilities but it was completely unnecessary in my opinion. The devs were met with backlash when they went to remove Phase Walk from Assassins and Shadows, which should have been a major signal that the 5.0 class changes were in fact NOT wanted.

But I repeat, it's absolutely not too late for the devs to go and revert to how things used to be. Assassins and Shadows should get back Phase Walk, Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush and Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw. Things were better before those abilities were taken away from those advanced classes, so it's time to revert to how it was.

It would be nice to get a reply from Bioware about this topic. It's obvious people aren't satisfied with the changes that had been made from this thread. Going back to how it was would do the game good.

Force lightning 30m range with recklessness was a great way to interrupt a cap if you were out of range before the 10m range hammer came down on all melee skills

Cascading debris / deprading volts needs to be a 1 global skill too its eats to much of the rotation time and considering every other channeled tank ability was changed to instant / 1 gcd I do not get why they left shadow / sin like that.

Edited by Loki_

Force lightning 30m range with recklessness was a great way to interrupt a cap if you were out of range before the 10m range hammer came down on all melee skills

Cascading debris / deprading volts needs to be a 1 global skill too its eats to much of the rotation time and considering every other channeled tank ability was changed to instant / 1 gcd I do not get why they left shadow / sin like that.

In all honesty? If they gave Depredating Volts/Cascading Debris to all the Assassin and Shadow specs that would be great as well. I had always been confused why the Tank spec had gotten that ability and the two other specs, for whom that specific ability would have been more logical, didn't.

I hope that Bioware will notice this thread and see they made mistakes with the changes to the Assassins and Shadows. Really, it's not too late to revert the advanced classes to how they used to be. Just make Depredating Bolts/Cascading Debris a universal Assassin/Shadow ability and return Phase Walk and Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush to both. It's really easy.

Edited by Ylliarus

Both advanced classes were able to use Force Lightning until the devs decided to make uncalled for changes to the classes.

Yup, I know. And that's what I call "Justice" - a latecomer, but still. It's our, Masters of the Force, tool, it's not for your stickwaving kind. I suggest you to get used to it. :rolleyes:

Yup, I know. And that's what I call "Justice" - a latecomer, but still. It's our, Masters of the Force, tool, it's not for your stickwaving kind. I suggest you to get used to it. :rolleyes:

You do realise I have both a Sorc and an Assassin that I play? If you think you're being witty here then please, let me end your delusions. The fact you behave like this is somewhat ridiculous, because you act as if players who play Assassins instead of Sorcs at least killed one of your family members. Your delusions of feeling better as a Sorc than an Assassins does you absolutely no good when it comes to public perceptions and I am inclined to believe you're a troll.