I just quit WoW for this game

Zergnaut

I used to secondarily play this game a few years ago and wound up quitting I'm not exactly sure why. However in World of Warcraft my main focus is PVP and the only thing I really enjoying the game is battlegrounds. World of Warcraft has made everything so gear dependent lately that a backpedaling rogue with no PVP skills whatsoever can run around and 3 shot people. It's happening more and more lately and it's never been as bad as it is now. In my opinion they have made the gear Gap worse than it is ever been.

With that said I love the bolster system in this game and the fact that I can just jump into war zones. I am having a blast in this game currently doing Warzones. This will be my new main game until blizzard fixes PVP or if they ever do. I have not had this much fun in PvP in a longtime.

I was curious how many people have been playing this game for years and are still having a blast.

Edited by Zergnaut

My nephew is an habitual game hopper who has been back to playing WoW of late. They were telling me about the PVP issues. They said it is now easier to gear with PVP, so everyone is PVP'ing, but the classes are very unbalanced. They mentioned specifically how rogues are dominating everything and can kill almost anyone with just a few moves. Then they were telling me about how they setup a macro in WoW that with one key press it cycles through all of their abilities and then thereafter on a priority system. So now they just run around and press one button.

Sounds thrilling.

I used to secondarily play this game a few years ago and wound up quitting I'm not exactly sure why. However in World of Warcraft my main focus is PVP and the only thing I really enjoying the game is battlegrounds. World of Warcraft has made everything so gear dependent lately that a backpedaling rogue with no PVP skills whatsoever can run around and 3 shot people. It's happening more and more lately and it's never been as bad as it is now. In my opinion they have made the gear Gap worse than it is ever been.

With that said I love the bolster system in this game and the fact that I can just jump into war zones. I am having a blast in this game currently doing Warzones. This will be my new main game until blizzard fixes PVP or if they ever do. I have not had this much fun in PvP in a longtime.

I was curious how many people have been playing this game for years and are still having a blast.

** First off .. I remember back in the day (BC IIRC) Rogues were devastating in PvP. So that's not surprising.

** Most important of all ... welcome to SWTOR !

the irony is many people have quit this game to go to other games, because of the pvp system here, and all of the changes they've made...lol

As long as developers continue to make the mistake of not separating PVP an PVE changes then this will always be an issue....no matter where players go.

** First off .. I remember back in the day (BC IIRC) Rogues were devastating in PvP. So that's not surprising.

** Most important of all ... welcome to SWTOR !

The Rogue was just an example. ALL pvers three-shot people now is they are not even in PvP gear nor do they have any pvp skills. They are PVE Heroes running around in the battlegrounds owning people just because of their gear. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase carried by gear.

There is no type of bolster system in that game whatsoever there used to be blizzard removed it. Because PvEers cried. If you were a fresh max level toon you will literally feel naked getting 2 shot repetitively until you're geared if you don't Rage Quit first. In this current expansion the gear gap between starter gear and end level gear is almost 100 item levels it's bigger than it's ever been. Blizzard is adding timers to things and taking the game in an Esports Direction.

All of this pretty much made me say Im done.

Edited by Zergnaut

Ugh. Haven't subbed WoW in a couple years, but bummer they did this. PvP in Legion was actually really good. BfA PvP wasn't bad either.

Rogues have always been solid solid PvP classes though :)

I gave up on PvP in this game, bolster is indeed great but only gets you most of the way; gearing is still needed. PvP gearing has been truly terrible since 5.0 dropped. 6.0 hasn't really fixed it AFAICT.

4.x was the apex of PvP in this game, miss it.

The Rogue was just an example. ALL pvers three-shot people now is they are not even in PvP gear nor do they have any pvp skills. They are PVE Heroes running around in the battlegrounds owning people just because of their gear. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase carried by gear.

There is no type of bolster system in that game whatsoever there used to be blizzard removed it. Because PvEers cried. If you were a fresh max level toon you will literally feel naked getting 2 shot repetitively until you're geared if you don't Rage Quit first. In this current expansion the gear gap between starter gear and end level gear is almost 100 item levels it's bigger than it's ever been. Blizzard is adding timers to things and taking the game in an Esports Direction.

All of this pretty much made me say Im done.

Gotcha !!

You might be surprised the number of games that are taking that "esports" direction. NOT GOOD !!!

In any case .. still: Welcome Aboard !

Gotcha !!

You might be surprised the number of games that are taking that "esports" direction. NOT GOOD !!!

That would be the stake driven into the heart of the game if BW ever moved in that direction. There would be no resurrecting from that.

Gotcha !!

I couldn't agree more it's what made me leave the game. I'm having a blast in this game and my main character is currently 275 item lvl. So far I don't feel undergeared or have any problems in PvP

I also love how Alt friendly this game is I forgot about that

Edited by Zergnaut

I couldn't agree more it's what made me leave the game. I'm having a blast in this game and my main character is currently 275 item lvl. So far I don't feel undergeared or have any problems in PvP

COOL !! I genuinely hope the best for ya !!

Funny, I've been diving back into Wow myself for the last couple weeks. I feel like I've done everything I can in this game at least for now and there's tons I haven't seen in Wow from the last decade or so. I'll be keeping my account active here until we get details on the 10-year. Not that it's everything or the only reason I play but every progression system here is largely pointless after a quickly reached cap; I've got two accounts (well over 60 75s) and top characters in each are effectively identical despite the fact that one account has a lot more played time. (I'm taking a break because of pvp issues - the game's far more frustrating than fun lately) Edited by Savej

Funny, I've been diving back into Wow myself for the last couple weeks. I feel like I've done everything I can in this game at least for now and there's tons I haven't seen in Wow from the last decade or so. I'll be keeping my account active here until we get details on the 10-year. Not that it's everything or the only reason I play but every progression system here is largely pointless after a quickly reached cap; I've got two accounts (well over 60 75s) and top characters in each are effectively identical despite the fact that one account has a lot more played time. (I'm taking a break because of pvp issues - the game's far more frustrating than fun lately)

Taking a break from swtor to play WoW pvp ROFL. Good luck bro.

The gear gap between honor and conquest is 30ilvl which is insane. Conquest gear is gated behind rating, so zoomers are paying for carries which means you are playing r1 (Best 0.01%) of players in low brackets. WoW pvp has never been this bad. SWTOR is much more balanced, the classes are designed much better, and the systems are not as horrible to use. Tacticals/Armor sets. Shadowlands (Systemlands) is a nightmare of system upon system to make your character work. Borrowed power everywhere. Making an alt is insanely hard due to the carry and systems gate.

In swtor...Some people cry about the lock out which I find hilarious. I think solo ranked is lame because it cannot be balanced. Lack of player base for group ranked is sad. Desync is super annoying. Other than that swtor is a great game.

Edited by Diefexor

You may have misread my post: I'm not leaving swtor because I don't have the gear or because I'm not doing well in pvp. My frustration with swtor pvp has nothing to do with gear. And while I've been playing swtor almost exclusively for almost 10 years now, that's still a minority of my time pvping in mmos. Twink fighting in the old days of lowbie Wow was hilarious to me (my rogue or hunter could often one-shot half the enemy teams); from what I've seen Wow is not that bad now. I have no problems with starting at the bottom of a gear grind. And I have plenty of time. Edited by Savej

i've tried to play wow nearly a dozen times since it was released in, 2004? i think. never liked it. though i've mained plenty of grindy mmos as well. i saw a lot of people in this thread mention that they prefer the combat mechanics, bolster, etc. as opposed to that of wow, i can't agree more. swtors combat mechanics are much more enticing. the GCD is a little slow, but the mobility of the classes makes the combat in swtor feel more fast paced and enticing, imo.

as a result, i feel as if pvp in swtor is more fun in general. the combination of better combat mechanics and the fact that it is one of - if not the most casual friendly mmo on the market makes it more enjoyable to pvpers. leveling to max is effortless, gearing to min/max is practically effortless, plus like someone said it's alt friendly; you can easily play as many of the classes/specs as you want. it's just way less of a hassle to just jump in and enjoy pvping than in any other mmo.

It's going to be tough for WoW to ever get back to as good as it was in Legion. Not because BfA (or presumably Shadowlands - haven't tried it) are bad, but just that Legion was so good for both PvE and PvP.

I agree. I was always a casual player in wow and didnt participate in very many raids. I would dungeon and do quests when available and did all that with an affliction lock. Legion was a great period for locks. I played through BFA but the changes were detrimental to my class. I havent been back to try shadowlands (ive visited every exp so far) but with all ive heard about how awful the gear wheel is over there, im not sure if i want to involve myself with that right now.

Heck, im taking a small break from this game right now. I think WoW would be the last place id go to try to relax. lol

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I left Guild Wars 2 (which is horrible, and turned the original series lore inside out and upside down because the developers fell in love with the villains and had to reverse everything to make them heroes in the sequel making the player characters out to be the villains in the process) during its first years to come here. Haven't looked back.

You haven't tried WoW Classic or Burning Crusade Classic have you?

Welcome to Swtor - I started playing swtor during beta, I left wow - went back a couple of times but always end up back here. Pvp is def pretty fun, glad you are enjoying the game. You can gear up fairly easy the best way would be to farm FP's and put on the highest ilvl gear till you hit 306.