The Refer-a-Friend Program

KeithKanneg

For the few days left of my subscription this time adding in my two cents.

I definitely will admit the RAF didn't get me to bring in new players, as if I knew anybody to give it to, they were already in the game, and likely already subbed as well. However, the referral did give me more reason to subscribe with some of the rewards that it brings after a subscription ended. Honestly, one of the main reasons I subbed in the first place was because the referral link permitted a week of sub time every 3 months, allowing me to go around the credit cap occasionally so escrow didn't go to waste. It didn't replace sub time, as my hope/intention was to sub for about 1 month twice a year, or only when interesting content was released, and use the referral just to get a little extra time with my credits or to hide head slots. If the referral hadn't existed the way it did, there's a good chance I'd never have bothered subscribing at all, as there'd have been a certainty I'd lose access to credits regularly.

It also does kind of put a damper on future subscribing from me, as I'd be put in a position where in order to actually do most things, I have to regularly subscribe, rather than occasionally. Which is something I am simply not capable, nor willing, to do, regardless of the referrals existence. Which means less entertainment, which means less chance of subbing again.

I'm not saying this will impact every person the same way it would me. But just that there's a near certainty that I (and thus possibly people like me) would never have subscribed at all without the referrals system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know you're trying to insult the webmaster, but you also insulted every web designer in the developed world in the same post. (Yes, I know you used sarcasm.)

All of you whining about the Referral program, it's over! You can thank the exploiters for ruining it for everyone else.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

I know you're trying to insult the webmaster, but you also insulted every web designer in the developed world in the same post. (Yes, I know you used sarcasm.)

They did that themselves, by implementing changes and not reflecting them on the site. Frankly the whole site could use a lot of modernization. But again that requires effort, $$ and a will to do it. BIO shows none of those these days,

All of you whining about the Referral program, it's over! You can thank the exploiters for ruining it for everyone else.

Having a referral program is a good thing. Exploiters not so much. But frankly they could have fixed that by either capping the amount people earn. Frankly the blame falls strictly on the coders. They could have changed things years ago. It is not like they had no way to tell.

And from what I can tell any one that was exploiting the system is likely still getting the benefits because they didn't end existing referrals. So all they did is punish new players.

So no blame BIOWARE for BIOWARE poor decisions.

• 1 month later...
Ok, so it has been a while since this was stopped. Can any dev/CM comment on whether a new RAF system is in the works, hopefully a better one, without CC's :) With the 10th anniversary, etc now might be a good time to capitalise on it.

Ok, so it has been a while since this was stopped. Can any dev/CM comment on whether a new RAF system is in the works, hopefully a better one, without CC's :) With the 10th anniversary, etc now might be a good time to capitalize on it.

Ya Kno? .. I Do Think This A Good Idea! Mayhaps A Great One!

... A Free Week, 10 Day's ... I Think It Would Be Great Recruitment Tool

• 2 months later...