Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Real Division in the Star Wars Fandom

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Real Division in the Star Wars Fandom

MadDutchman
11.21.2021 , 10:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EAFSAMWISE View Post
That being said, most people who still keep up with and have given Disney's projects a "fair hearing" are actually okay with them except for and unless the Sequel Trilogy comes into play, which is what it really comes down to for most of us.
Agreed, though Solo does also get some well deserved criticism and the High Republic BS gets openly mocked by most I've heard (which isn't many since most don't even know or care about it)
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

EAFSAMWISE
11.21.2021 , 11:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Agreed, though Solo does also get some well deserved criticism and the High Republic BS gets openly mocked by most I've heard (which isn't many since most don't even know or care about it)
Yeah that's about accurate. I personally had no issue with Solo but I could see it being an acquired taste due to the re-casting of iconic characters and people feeling like having a back-story movie for Solo partly ruins the surprise in A New Hope that shows him to be more than he first appears (i.e. the "rough person with a heart of gold").

MadDutchman
11.22.2021 , 05:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EAFSAMWISE View Post
Yeah that's about accurate. I personally had no issue with Solo but I could see it being an acquired taste due to the re-casting of iconic characters and people feeling like having a back-story movie for Solo partly ruins the surprise in A New Hope that shows him to be more than he first appears (i.e. the "rough person with a heart of gold").
I had no problem with the concept, just the implementation left a lot to be desired

On the silver lining side, it is probably a lot of the reason that SW has largely moved to the series format, which I think is a much better way to tell star wars stories with all the depth they deserve
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.