Character Transfer Question

arunav

I wanted to transfer a character/my legacy to an additional server. Currently, all my characters are on one.

In the past, the referral program used to give subscribers a free transfer, as I recall. Does this still exist in some form?

I've played the game for a long time, and really don't want to start over from scratch on another server. Transferring one of my characters is the only way I know of to retain all the legacy benefits that have accumulated over the years.

Thanks for any input.

I'm pretty sure that if you ever earned a free transfer, you would still have it. If I recall, there are confirmations before a transfer is done, so you could set it up and see if you are being charged before you confirm the transfer.

I'm pretty sure that if you ever earned a free transfer, you would still have it. If I recall, there are confirmations before a transfer is done, so you could set it up and see if you are being charged before you confirm the transfer.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I definitely clicked on someone's referral code before, as I still get items from it in the mail on any new character. Since I never transferred a character, only had them moved from server to server over the years by BW merges, maybe the free transfer is still there.

OG server: Mind Trick.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I definitely clicked on someone's referral code before, as I still get items from it in the mail on any new character. Since I never transferred a character, only had them moved from server to server over the years by BW merges, maybe the free transfer is still there.

OG server: Mind Trick.

Let us know how it goes. It should say "free" where the price goes if you have a free transfer.

I wanted to transfer a character/my legacy to an additional server. Currently, all my characters are on one.

In the past, the referral program used to give subscribers a free transfer, as I recall. Does this still exist in some form?

I've played the game for a long time, and really don't want to start over from scratch on another server. Transferring one of my characters is the only way I know of to retain all the legacy benefits that have accumulated over the years.

Thanks for any input.

Every Account gets 1 Free Server Transfer - every transfer after that is 1000 Cartel Coins

I just in the last couple of weeks/ last month transfered from Satel Shan to Star Forge - BEST DECISION.

There are a few things you need to know.

1. Cartel Certificates DO NOT Transfer - So buy your stuff first and place in inventory or Cargo to take with you
  2. Galactic Seasons Tokens DO NOT Transfer - So use them or they'll be stuck on the origination Server
  3. Read the Fine Print - If you have Outfit Customization's with "Stamped" Dyes on any of the Outfit Items, they will be erased.
  4. LOOT ALL YOUR EMAILS - If you are using your ingame mails as semi-storage for SWTOR Rewards or a Companion Holocommunicator, or NPC ISK sent to you... if you don't claim them prior to transfer you will lose them all.
  5. The Highest Legacy will Always take Precedent - So your Legacy will transfer No Problem

My own experience was a positive one. GL to you.

Edited by Kass

Every Account gets 1 Free Server Transfer - every transfer after that is 1000 Cartel Coins

I just in the last couple of weeks/ last month transfered from Satel Shan to Star Forge - BEST DECISION.

There are a few things you need to know.

[*]Cartel Certificates DO NOT Transfer - So buy your stuff first and place in inventory or Cargo to take with you

I remember the other stuff well. I guess the switch to legacy currency prevents Cartel Certificates from transferring. You used to be able to take a stack with you (before they were legacy currency). This should be true for the rest of the legacy currencies, I would imagine.

I remember the other stuff well. I guess the switch to legacy currency prevents Cartel Certificates from transferring. You used to be able to take a stack with you (before they were legacy currency). This should be true for the rest of the legacy currencies, I would imagine.

I can't say I paid very close attention to say if Nar Shada gambling tokens transfer or not - not really into all that personally. So just the ones I mentioned specifically do not transfer.

Doesn't exist in that the referral program is gone (I knew this) or that you can't transfer a character to a different server any longer?

You can no longer get the free transfer. You can still transfer at a CC cost. Of course if you've gotten a free transfer in the past and didn't use it, you should still be able to transfer at no cost.

I can't say I paid very close attention to say if Nar Shada gambling tokens transfer or not - not really into all that personally. So just the ones I mentioned specifically do not transfer.

they are bound to char, so they will transfer too. :)