Biowares number one job for pvp in 7.x

TrixxieTriss

Fix the performance Desync problems in lvl 75(80) pvp.

It definitely worse at lvl 75 and is extremely noticeable. People teleporting all over the place, abilities not activating or people running on the spot.

But go into lowbie pvp and it’s nearly unnoticeable. The difference between the games engine performance in lowbies compared to max lvl is astounding.

Lowbie pvp is so much smoother and less jerky. And I think the long time players all know why max lvl is so terrible. It’s 100% obvious it’s all the different speed and gap closers we have now. Plus the multiple amounts of different tacticals and gear sets to compound the issue.

I hope their plan for 7.0 is to go back to basics and specific pvp gear and have one set per class/combat type. At the same time reduce the speed buffs and abilities across the board. It’s obvious their tech and game engine can’t cope and unless they are replacing that (which they said they weren’t), there aren’t many options left to fix the Desync.

Ive run out of patience with the promises on improved performance from tweaking the engine or replacing hardware. Just do what every pvper knows needs to be done to fix it. Sure it might not be the popular choice, but if you want the game to work, they’ve got a limited amount of options.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It was right out said on stream that there are no engine changes coming and de-sync is an engine issue. You're out of luck.

Wow, I guess you didn’t understand the part I posted that said they aren’t going to do an engine change.

Which means they need to look at alternatives to improve the performance.

Aka, like removing some excessive speed and gap closing abilities that have crept into the game as classes get abilities that they didn’t use to have.

And reducing the load on the game engine by reducing the amount of armor sets and tacticals that do different things by possibly bringing back pvp gear.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree SOMETHING needs to be done. The amount of players that have learned to use this exploit to their advantage is off the chain. Right along with all the hacking and longstanding exploit abuse that also exist and have since the game started and only get worse never better. The real issue has always been an unskilled development team that only implements more bugs and break more things when ever adding "new" content. A competent team would have fixed all this long ago. But it's never going to happen, or it already would have

Idk guys, while it is true that there is huge amount of gap closers, teleports, rolls etc. removing them so everyone would stay and smash those repeatable attacks doesn’t look fun to me. High lvl combat is more laggy, but it’s more spectacular and fun with those abilities so adding more of those makes more sense than removing them, I would also like to see some more electro net kind of abilities for those classes that aren’t designed for kiting while adding some restrictions that won’t allow being netted two or more times in a row. At the end of the day desync is a technical issue that should be fixed, and removing abilities that may cause desync is not a fix, it is a lazy approach to solving the problem.

If they dont plan on fixing desync. Why make sets that make it worse? No completive scene should have to deal with this.

wait. you think SWTOR PvP is a competitive scene?

no competitive scene would be so ridiculously amateurish with regard to

• class balancing (frequency of balance and shaking-up FotY)
  • map design (how many arenas went live with serious glitches? how many stayed live with game-breaking dead zones? how long have those maps been live?)
  • allowing confirmed cheaters to constantly return (often on the same account!)

and then there's the topic of this thread: the engine is trash. don't get me wrong, in 2011, it looked cool. but it has always been trash for pvp, and no truly competitive pvp is ever going to occur with this engine on these maps with these stale AF specs. although I will say that adding both tacticals and amplifiers was the biggest across the board class change BW may have ever done at one time...but that also speaks to the pathetic nature of their updates. it's also the most successful, b/c the other major changes that come to mind destroyed the game with smash, bubble stun, dongle cleave. those changes make lolroll look like child's play (and they are, no infestation of desyncing rollers can compare to the lows of 5 melee perma-mezzed b/c someone used smash).

mind you, this is all in regard to competitive pvp. from a casual perspective, all of these criticisms exist but aren't a game-breaking thing.

2 cents, of course. ;)

edit: really? lol...

The amount of players that have learned to use this exploit to their advantage is off the chain.

rolling damage and rolling up/down obstacles is not an exploit.

Edited by CheesyEZ

wait. you think SWTOR PvP is a competitive scene?

no competitive scene would be so ridiculously amateurish with regard to

• class balancing (frequency of balance and shaking-up FotY)
  • map design (how many arenas went live with serious glitches? how many stayed live with game-breaking dead zones? how long have those maps been live?)
  • allowing confirmed cheaters to constantly return (often on the same account!)

and then there's the topic of this thread: the engine is trash. don't get me wrong, in 2011, it looked cool. but it has always been trash for pvp, and no truly competitive pvp is ever going to occur with this engine on these maps with these stale AF specs. although I will say that adding both tacticals and amplifiers was the biggest across the board class change BW may have ever done at one time...but that also speaks to the pathetic nature of their updates. it's also the most successful, b/c the other major changes that come to mind destroyed the game with smash, bubble stun, dongle cleave. those changes make lolroll look like child's play (and they are, no infestation of desyncing rollers can compare to the lows of 5 melee perma-mezzed b/c someone used smash).

mind you, this is all in regard to competitive pvp. from a casual perspective, all of these criticisms exist but aren't a game-breaking thing.

your opinion does not change the definition/meaning of words. anything regarding PvP is inherently competitive by definition. regardless of whether you're playing online checkers versus someone over the net or playing in a match in SWTOR against other people. you are competing against those other people, meaning it is competitive.

if you wanted to make an actually logical point you could have argued the degree of competitiveness as opposed to other games. but as it stands, your post is objectively wrong.

Idk guys, while it is true that there is huge amount of gap closers, teleports, rolls etc. removing them so everyone would stay and smash those repeatable attacks doesn’t look fun to me. High lvl combat is more laggy, but it’s more spectacular and fun with those abilities so adding more of those makes more sense than removing them, I would also like to see some more electro net kind of abilities for those classes that aren’t designed for kiting while adding some restrictions that won’t allow being netted two or more times in a row. At the end of the day desync is a technical issue that should be fixed, and removing abilities that may cause desync is not a fix, it is a lazy approach to solving the problem.

No, just no. They added all this crap because of solo arenas which has basically ruined the game. PvP used to be a lot more methodical, you had to think about your actions and not just roll through you numerous cc breakers, speed buffs, self sustaining dcd's, reflects up the wazooo etc....

Players actually died back in the day at a reasonable TTK and there wasn't 5 billion DCD's/escapes for each class. Hell things like hydraulic override were exclusive to AP PT (back when AP was the dot spec and pyro was the burst spec). There's TOO MUCH mobility and self sustainability in the game. It needs to go back to 2.x mechanics or patch 1.1.5

No, just no. They added all this crap because of solo arenas which has basically ruined the game. PvP used to be a lot more methodical, you had to think about your actions and not just roll through you numerous cc breakers, speed buffs, self sustaining dcd's, reflects up the wazooo etc....

Players actually died back in the day at a reasonable TTK and there wasn't 5 billion DCD's/escapes for each class. Hell things like hydraulic override were exclusive to AP PT (back when AP was the dot spec and pyro was the burst spec). There's TOO MUCH mobility and self sustainability in the game. It needs to go back to 2.x mechanics or patch 1.1.5

if that's true then it "needs" something that it will never get then. movement enhancing abilities aren't going any where. in fact, like a previous poster already stated, they are almost certainly going to continue to add more.

Not every class has gotten those upgrades tho :p

if that's true then it "needs" something that it will never get then. movement enhancing abilities aren't going any where. in fact, like a previous poster already stated, they are almost certainly going to continue to add more.

Based on the pts post today they are pulling a WoW and trimming out a lot.

There's TOO MUCH mobility and self sustainability in the game. It needs to go back to 2.x mechanics or patch 1.1.5

I think you won't have to worry about that anymore in 7.0 lmao

Tbh, I don't care what changes we are going to see and how drastic they are going to be. I just want every spec to be able to perform well in any type of pvp content. I know that perfect balance is too much to hope for, but the diversity of specs is really lacking, and it could be one of the reasons why PVP isn't that popular.

Edited by Voroschuk