[Lore Question] Hidden Chain,Ash'ad,Varad,Dar'manda and Lore

schwartzpedro

Hey guys,I'm a returning player,been here back for a month,and I would like to know,where did the Varad and Ash'ad come from? Are there more in-depth lore entries about them?

Also,are the Hidden Chain dar'manda (not the Mek-sha faction,but in fact,exiled/expelled)? Are the Ash'ad and Varad also dar'manda?

And about the Dar'manda of Mek-Sha,do we interact with them more than just a few cutscenes?

If you play a mandalorian BH,can you "bring them back" to the fold?

• 2 weeks later...

Both factions meet Clan Varad in the Mandalorian Raiders Flashpoint. Originally, it was designed to be accessible once you finished Tatooine and were about level 24 or so. That would have still been within Act 1 of the vanilla original class stories, so the Mandalorians would still be under the control of Mandalore the Vindicated and therefore allies to the Empire, so Varad are outcasts early on in the game's story. Obviously nowadays it is entirely possible to skip that flashpoint and never learn anything about Clan Varad until you reach Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint

The Ash'ad you encounter first while doing the Republic Side Onderon dailies, that's when you first learn about them from Shae Viszla. You can obtain the codex entry as an Imperial, but I don't think there is a mission from Shae on the Imp side. Technically, the dailies do not open up until you have completed the Objective Meridian story solo mode, so strictly speaking you learn about the Mek Sha Darmanda before the Ash'ad. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but the only codex entry about the Ash'ad is from their camp on Onderon.

If you play a mandalorian BH,can you "bring them back" to the fold?

I don't believe so. If my memory is certain, they actually get pretty snarky, just shy of hostile, towards Mandalorian BHs.

(not to mention that if you visit them on any character with Shae, Torian or Akaavi as your active companion, they take it as an insult)