"Tab" targeting. A nightmare.

Verill

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

the only thing that makes me okay with this is it's terrible for everyone at some point in a warzone. That same opponent that had a pretty easy time of it with me due to me taking 6 seconds to tab target him in my line of sight, will get smoked by someone else for the same reason later.

It was a joke @ first....NOW IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE?

There is just no telling what your gonna target.

I use focus targets but if I need a pull from long range or a fast CC on healer I have the same chance of targeting someone 30 yards behind me as I do the healer I'm looking @!

Signed. OMG Tab Targetting is so bad and it messes up my rotations when I'm trying to CC multiple targets and deal damage at the same time. If I CC a target turn right and dot another target, and keep turning right and tab target again sometime it re-targets the first one even though I'm not even facing him that is CCed and makes me almost break my own mez. It's also horrible when you're using abilities where you have to be facing target and it targets someone you're not even facing. It's so bad right now. Edited by DimeStax

i would love a target system that takes

1 Push) the nearest in range target

2 Push ) the second target nearest to me

3 Push) the third target nearest to me

4 Push) etc. etc. until there are no targets and it resets.

Yeah, Im not sure what technology they use to make tab targetting some how analyze the immediate priority of all possible targets and then target them in reverse order of importance..its uncanny.

Yeah, Im not sure what technology they use to make tab targetting some how analyze the immediate priority of all possible targets and then target them in reverse order of importance..its uncanny.

Agree completely. Glad to see 70 or so pages of folks that experience the same things.

Seeing two people at a door in Voidstar, all your AE's on cooldown, and being just plain unable to tab target the guy on the door(apparently the unhittable guys just leaving spawn are better targets) can just plain cause fits of rage.

Sadly, physically clicking on targets in this game isn't tremendously better.

Today it was again very hard with the tab targeting.

This is the first MMO i play, where the tab targeting is laggy and sometimes totally refuses to work at all.

Let not start talking about the targetorder here ...

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone answer as to whether or not they have even acknowledged that they think there is an issue??

I want them to either say, "yeah, we are working on it," or "we like it just the way it is."

This way I can either keep hope, or drop it completely.

Targeting in this game is HORRIBLE, especially in pvp.

meh, its been working for me so i dunno

*edit*

Actually now that i think about it I like it the way it is. The game shouldn't tell you who to attack, you should have to put some thought into who you want to attack.

Edited by Dencre

I came to the conclusion, that it cannot be fixed due to its problematic source of problem.

To understand it, you need to know, that there is a lot of data between your client and the server you are connected to.

It is obviously not a single stream of informations, that stutters by times, it is only a string of this stream that lacks.

It is the same circle of problems with the same source as reason, as there are also

skill delay (string stutter)

invisible walls (server or client have a wrong position of the char)

speed hack suspects (again a position thing what the server trys to correct/resync)

endless hide (again a timing problem were your client get inadequat data so it looks like)

warps (again position correction by the server)

and

and

and

If they fix the tab targeting, all the above should be better too then.

We have a excellent post here anywhere, that deals with the packet loss and explains pretty good, why it cant be fixed that easy.

Its a general problem.