Favorite trailer?

DarthCasus

Hey peeps, was just going through my monthly run of the trailers (and Halo trailers being that they're so damn good) and I wound up debating it with my friend group :D Was curious, which would you say are your top 3 and why? I can go first:

3: Hope - What's not to like? Shots of Alderaan pre and post-Malgus, the Republic's finest giving the Sith Empire hell in a hype-inducing ambush, and a damn good saber fight concluding with the Force Kamehameha that single-handedly convinced me to actually play Consular when it had a terrible reputation for its voice acting. Hands down the best trailer of all that makes the case for why the game justifies non-Force classes in a galaxy full of Old Gods, Terrors from Beyond, and Undying God Kings. Really, the saber fight was awesome, but watching 'regular' folk putting the beat down on an absolutely terrifying invasion force was mind blowing. Really wish the Trooper's assault cannon had animations that leaned more on that trailer.. Either way, the planet was gorgeous, scale of battle perfect, saber duel and troopers were beautiful, and the trailer really felt like HOPE.

2: Kotet/'Betrayed' - If there were any redeeming qualities of the era this gem dropped for, it would be this trailer for me. I largely hated the new direction the story was going in, the new set of focused characters, and general gameplay loop, but this made me sympathetic toward Senya, Vaylin, and to a lesser extent, Arcann. Vaylin shows that even monsters can be deserving of sympathy, which isn't anything new or deep, but seeing Valk's manipulation of his family recontextualized some things. Filled that hollow gap the SoR-KotFE content didn't do well enough or completely. Hating Valkorian was never hard, but liking any of the new characters was a challenge... until you see a mother go to bat against a cult on a rainy bridge for her daughter only to be 'betrayed'. The flashes of Vaylin's potential and sad childhood tug at something in me, and I really wish we got to see how the cut expansion content padded out with her, or how Thexan could have came in to the mix, but again, this trailer gave me some new feelings and thoughts to chew on at a low point for the the game.

1: Return - What can I say? The phenomenal kickstart to the hype. The trailer that set the gaming world on fire when it dropped and continues to drop jaws. The hyperspace entrance, use of Duel of Fates with the arrival of the Sith, Vindican giving absolutely no ****s with his blasting lightning at Nico and Jace (and T7!), and Malgus showing us why he's THE showstopper... Just beautiful. We get a look at the status of Korriban (when it didn't have a goofy name), Jace and Nico's minor introductions, Satele and Malgus' mega intros, and one of the best saber fights yet. I would have never taken pride in the title Jedi Battlemaster had it not been for how we saw Kao Cen Darach get down against 2 extremely skilled Sith. Double-bladed and single hilt?? At the same time and turning a side off to get a kill?? I STILL want there to be something like that in a game, even if brief. It really set the tone and still gets me pumped to log in. Wish we saw more of Darach or were reminded more often of the shoes we've filled since, this trailer still gives me goosebumps.

I have epic trailer music just for that

I found it while watching a twitch streamer with no more than 5 viewers. before all the copyright strike business that now plagues twitch. I instantly liked the song and shazam'd it on the spot. I never cared what the title of the song was called. The chorus is the main draw I keep coming back to

Edited by Falensawino

I have epic trailer music just for that

I found it while watching a twitch streamer with no more than 5 viewers. before all the copyright strike business that now plagues twitch. I instantly liked the song and shazam'd it on the spot. I never cared what the title of the song was called

I'm a bit more mellow on my

lol but good pick.

I still personally believe 'Sacrifice' was the one I felt the team really hit the nail on the head with SWTOR. I liked the other ones for sure, they were well made and cool.

But the craftsmanship with Sacrifice was next level. They only needed to use one voice for the trailer and it oozed atmosphere with visual story telling from the scenes only needing body language, facial language and the music kicking in.

I really loved the twist near the end, we're expecting the one to turn just because of the uniform colours. Cliché yes, but god damn, it's lovely to see everyone like "wait what!?" :eek:

In my opinion, Sacrifice was truly the peak of the game and being at its finest. It actually felt back in the day, they were toe to toe with Blizzard, hell, I liked Sacrifice more than WoD's cinematic.