Galactic Season does not spark joy

eabevella

Wait, so what you are saying is that if you are not getting something out of it you will not help? For example, if you have the PO for Hutt Space heroics and your guildie has the PO for Hutt Space Dailies you would not group up and help each other? You two could get on one character and do Ossus dailies together, which would get them done faster, get you both to Conquest, and complete one PO, and then swap to different characters, group up and do Hutt Space heroics together, which, again, would make them faster, get you both to Conquest, and complete the other person's PO.

Your complaint sounds like the problem lies elsewhere than with the GS system.

I will always group up with my guild and friends because unlike your conclusion, they are my friends so take your opinion about that and stuff it. You seem to like to judge people just because we don't like the way it is working. You can put your blinders on all you want and make snide comments all you want.

Furthermore, I also tend to help those out on those planets that are looking for help instead of ignoring them like most do.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always group up with my guild and friends because unlike your conclusion, they are my friends so take your opinion about that and stuff it. You seem to like to judge people just because we don't like the way it is working. You can put your blinders on all you want and make snide comments all you want.

Furthermore, I also tend to help those out on those planets that are looking for help instead of ignoring them like most do.

Hmm, seems I struck a nerve. Allow me to remind you that you said:

This is a major complaint that I have heard and even though some may think it good, I don't because some of us like to play with our guild and and our friends.

You implied that not having the same PO's was preventing you from grouping with your friends and guild mates. From your brusque reply it would seem that that is actually not a problem, and you are quite capable of grouping up even if you have different PO's.

Shills gonna shill.

There is nothing that would prevent them from offering both daily and weekly objectives that cover ALL playable aspects of the game AND allow player choice AND support players grouping up AND balance rewards to effort / time.

The reasons why such options do not exist mostly involve the use of seasons to further monetize the game.

Shills gonna shill.

Right, because false dilemmas are a great position to argue from.

You are either with us in condemning GS because we do not like it or you are a shill, a white knight, a BW boot licker, etc.

I think one reroll for each option would probably be a better compromise?

This way solo people can at least get the ones that can be done alone.

Not the weekly though, this week I got Unranked (rerolled from GS) and Flashpoints on Star Forge. Ok for me but not fun for solo players. But at least FP can be done with friends and small guilds, so it's not *that* terrible.

Edited by eabevella

ow is Galactic Seasons any different, fundamentally I mean? You don't even need to create new toons (plural) to do it. And it is a system that is designed to repeat from now on, as opposed to being time limited...

There are many things to be angry about with regards to SWTOR, but I'm not sure this is one of them.

DvL was for a shorter time and had a much greater variety of objectives. It was also progressionary. If there was an aspect of the game you didn't like, when you finished that objective, it was done, you didn't have to do it again. The never ending nature of GS works against it since there are so few different objectives. It is far too repetitive considering it might last for years. It was boring after one week, which makes even one season seem interminable. If there is an aspect of the game you don't like, it is going to come up again and again and again. The re-rolls don't mitigate that much since the pool they are pulling from is so small, the odds of going from ground pvp to space pvp are too high for people who don't like any pvp. On top of that, there are no solo weeklies, so solo players don't have that point cushion for when they miss a day or two.

DvL was not considered a roll-model for how to recycle old content. At the time, people *****ed up a storm about having to do content they hated, or make new alts, or whatever, in order to get to the final reward, and a lot people opted to quit when specific objectives came up. I was quite surprised when nostalgia kicked in and people started talking about DvL as something they enjoyed and wanted to do again. The discontent for GS people are expressing now pales in comparison to the bile spilled over DvL back then.

Yeah I have been enjoying it a lot. If I wake up and decided not to do that day I don't. Playing my way is fun. I don't see why people are trashing this. Nobody is forcing anybody to participate, but if you want the rewards you will, or wait for the credit catchup option.

I really like Galactic Starfighter!! I think is one of the best contents in the game.

However, I don't like people being forced to play it (although I think they will enjoy it a lot if they give it a chance and invest some time).

The problem with GS is that it feels like a daily job that you need to do before playing the part of the game that you really want to play, and people are going to get burned really soon.

Um? Is the vendor broken? The season gives 15 tokens, and the stronghold costs 8. Does buying the SH really break the vendor, so you can't spend the other seven tokens?

The posts online say 15, but every time I scroll all the way through the season, I see 8 on the actual rewards list.

I'm not sure where the other 7 are supposed to come from, but they're not under the Claim buttons.

I've done the first 8 levels and have ONE token. At the rate I'm going with bugs in the way and things I can't do (like Ops), I won't make it half way to 99.

Edited by Xina_LA

The posts online say 15, but every time I scroll all the way through the season, I see 8 on the actual rewards list.

I'm not sure where the other 7 are supposed to come from, but they're not under the Claim buttons.

I've done the first 8 levels and have ONE token. At the rate I'm going with bugs in the way and things I can't do (like Ops), I won't make it half way to 99.

How can you be level 8 and only have one token when tokens are granted at levels 5 and 8, unless you spent one, have not claimed everything, or have not completed level 8 yet?

Season tokens are granted at levels: 5, 8, 24, 34, 42, 46, 62, 69, 72, 76, 82, 86, 89, 92, and 100. Five (5) on the F2P track and ten (10) on the sub track. You can see all of the rewards at every level in the image that was included with the news article.

https://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/promos/2021/April/26/galactic_seasons_overview.jpg

Edited by ceryxp

You can see all of the rewards at every level in the image that was included with the news article.

https://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/promos/2021/April/26/galactic_seasons_overview.jpg

That's my point. I see them in the news article, but NOT IN GAME.

When I go to the window and scroll through the levels, counting as I go, I don't see all of those.

I have spent no tokens because I want the stronghold more than anything else.

Edited by Xina_LA

When I go to the window and scroll through the levels, counting as I go, I don't see all of those.

On the token when you get them do you claim them of the GS. If so, they are not deposited into your inventory but into the currency list and they are usually listed all the way to the bottom of the list. (Just in case =)

Would definitely trade if I could cause I hate Ziost and like Taris heroics.

Me too. Taris Heroics with a stealth toon is easy.

I don't like Ziost. The heroics are long and the planet is creepy (great atmosphere on the art department but it's a very depressing place to stay long).

Im really much like the Opening post on this topc, i could already see before even starting to have a go at GS that as a person that hates and will never do PVP, plus Galactic Starfighter to and Operations are outside my limits, it leaves much less opions to attain anywhere near the final 800 points needed.

But i have given it a go at least in this first couple weeks and found it unenjoyable, to stressful and just downright hard to keep up with. Today i was given Ziost 5 daily mission to try get thru...yet one daily Eyes Into The Past for example...i have NEVER managed to complete in my 3 yrs of playing SWTOR..today i tried for 2 hrs and had 3 different bugs that stopped me finishing it. Its this kind of thing...trying to keep up with a hard schedule in an event that for me aint fun anyway..that overall ruins my enjoyment of SWTOR.

And no, i am not going to waste credits or coins on playing catch up on something thats giving me aggravation and frustration, i will gladly ignore GS and go back to what i love about SWTOR...the storylines and casual daily gameplay in areas that i choose to play, not what some event tells me i gotta do.

Can I trade you. I give you the Taris Heroics for the Ziost dailies as I normally do some of those on some of my empire toons for their conquest points.

I'll swap ya either one for the GSF "stuff" I get almost on a "daily" basis ( every week some form of it too )

[/green face throw up simley ]

Edited by OlBuzzard

Can you post screenshots of your GS screens? Certainly not all 20 pages, but maybe the first five, or so. As stated, the tokens go to the currency tab, not into your inventory.

I'll swap ya either one for the GSF "stuff" I get almost on a "daily" basis ( every week some form of it too )

[/green face throw up simley ]

Sorry I hate GSF (actually anything to do with PVP) but I give you Taris for Yavin or Ziost lol

Im really much like the Opening post on this topc, i could already see before even starting to have a go at GS that as a person that hates and will never do PVP, plus Galactic Starfighter to and Operations are outside my limits, it leaves much less opions to attain anywhere near the final 800 points needed.

But i have given it a go at least in this first couple weeks and found it unenjoyable, to stressful and just downright hard to keep up with. Today i was given Ziost 5 daily mission to try get thru...yet one daily Eyes Into The Past for example...i have NEVER managed to complete in my 3 yrs of playing SWTOR..today i tried for 2 hrs and had 3 different bugs that stopped me finishing it. Its this kind of thing...trying to keep up with a hard schedule in an event that for me aint fun anyway..that overall ruins my enjoyment of SWTOR.

And no, i am not going to waste credits or coins on playing catch up on something thats giving me aggravation and frustration, i will gladly ignore GS and go back to what i love about SWTOR...the storylines and casual daily gameplay in areas that i choose to play, not what some event tells me i gotta do.

What type of problem are you having with Eyes into the Past? I do Ziost on a weekly basis and haven't had any problems.

Sorry I hate GSF (actually anything to do with PVP) but I give you Taris for Yavin or Ziost lol

I'd normally take ya up on it .. but today:

** GS (/green faced puke] (weekly)

** Empire Ops (weekly)

** GS "daily" (daily ... re-rolled and end up with group stuff)

** Unranked PvP WZ stuff (daily) ...

Soooo ... I just logged out for the day !!

[/shrugs]

Oh well .. no skin off my nose !!

It's our 47th wedding anniversary this Sunday ... soooo I'll just spend some quality time with my wife. (no brainer really)

;););)

It's funny because I enjoy just about all content in the game, Warzones, Ranked Arenas, GSF, OPs, etc... But I'd still agree with the post.

I made the mistake of buying ahead because I wanted a comp only to find out you can't buy a comp. (Before anyone hits with the trolling, it literally mathematically worked out the same as buying a cartel companion and money isn't an issue for me.)

So my frustrations lay within being promised one thing only to get the used car salesman treatment of "well... You see what happened was."

I hate "grind" oriented aspects of any game, kill 10 squirrels bring back pelts, etc. So I just intended to skip it entirely minus buying the comps.

But beyond that personally its hearing all my guild members be forced into content they don't want to play only to acquire tokens that makes me dislike it. You've got people who have motion sickness/vertigo issues rolling GSF dailies ffs. Or hardcore PvE guys being dragged into Warzones which basically just makes PvP pointless. Like matches where one side isn't even trying to capture objectives because they just want it to end as fast as possible.

If only they tried giving people what they're asking for instead of trying to force them into the content they don't want.

We need to stop pretending GS's deficiencies aren't intended, which they clearly are, and meant to drive microtransactions.

The real story is how every monetized system devalues our subscriptions. It's a dangerous road for EA/BW to walk, but with every move, they're confidently communicating a profoundly low opinion of us.