Darth Rivix Appreciation Thread <3 <3 <3 haters make your own!

Sarova

I can't decide whether Rivix was mildly amused or bored when he choked that arrogant Pub soldier in the enclave FP. :p He did it like it was a daily routine for him. :D By the way, it was ridiculous that 3 common Pub soldiers thought that they could beat 3 force users (if your character is a Warrior/Inquisitor). Well, good luck with that, boys. :p

Yeah, I can't decide what was up with that.

He really couldn't stop himself, he enjoyed it, he silenced the soldier (in case you told him to stop)? Maybe I'm overthinking this and he's just a Sith doing Sith-y things XD

Also, I still can't unsee that his Force grip looks like he's squeezing private parts of that soldier. :D

Major Anri was a lot smarter, just surrendering after recognising the "Commander" (Pub side Mek-sha story). She knew her odds. She's still alive now.

These guys? They had that coming ;)

They also can't count. They say "you are out numbered". How is 3 to 3 out numbered?

Glad I'm not the only one, when he said that I remember saying out aloud that we wern't outnumbered it was equal l 3 v 3.

Rivix is pretty much the physical embodiment of what type of Sith I've wanted to romance since Day 1. I don't think we have a pretty, slightly androgynous romanceable male option that's also a dark sider. Please keep him around for more than a plot device for 2 flashpoint intros. FWIW, I think his hair is perf and needs no cutting, but to each their own and all that.

We deserve a pretty darkside boy with hair.*

This! The idea that none of the female force user LI's were male force users in the original 1-50 story still annoys me to this day. Don't get me wrong I love Quinn and Iresso especially but my DS force using ladies (especially my Dark V SW) wouldn't settle for anything less than a powerful force using husband. :cool:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

This! The idea that none of the female force user LI's were male force users in the original 1-50 story still annoys me to this day. Don't get me wrong I love Quinn and Iresso especially but my DS force using ladies (especially my Dark V SW) wouldn't settle for anything less than a powerful force using husband. :cool:

We're long overdue to one and it'd be nice if he was to stay for a while to hang out together, instead of a 5-minute cutscene to be never seen again.

Yeah, I can't decide what was up with that.

He really couldn't stop himself, he enjoyed it, he silenced the soldier (in case you told him to stop)? Maybe I'm overthinking this and he's just a Sith doing Sith-y things XD

It was like he was mesmerised by his ability to inflict that kind of pain on someone, to the point that he ignored the commander. He's lost in the enjoyment of it, like he's fascinated by his Sith dark side. It reminds me of Jaesa when she turns to the dark side. I wonder if like her he's new to the Sith and enjoying it like she did.

Edited by Sarova

It was like he was mesmerised by his ability to inflict that kind of pain on someone, to the point that he ignored the commander. He's lost in the enjoyment of is, like he's fascinated by his Sith dark side. It reminds me of Jaesa when she turns to the dark side. I wonder if like her he's new to the Sith and enjoying it like she did.

Or perhaps in his diplomatic service he just couldn't. Killing people for fun is not good for diplomatic negotiations :D

I finished the Secrets of the enclave FP, and I already got strong traitor vibes from Rivix. XDDD He's obviously up to something, and he's very good at hiding his feelings and opinion. I really, really hope that it won't come to that, because that would be lame and predictable. We're in the -so-so- reformed Empire, after all.

He's a cool Sith, and would be a great love interest.

I want his sliders... I want the sliders of all the new characters to be added to the character creation. Let our own characters look as unique as the new ones.

Pretty sure they'd need to add Zeltrons as a playable race before they let us have Rivix's look. Whilst I'm all for Zeltrons as a playable race, I do like that Rivix is unique. Meanwhile, I'll settle for Rivix becoming a permanent companion and the first Sith (or Jedi-turned-sith) love interest that's available for our all our Empire characters.

I finished the Secrets of the enclave FP, and I already got strong traitor vibes from Rivix.

We'll have to strongly disagree on that. I get no traitor vibes from him at all. He seems to be fiercely loyal to the emperor/empress, and willing to co-operate with us within his purpose (don't forget he doesn't work FOR us, just WITH us).

If he goes against us, it won't be treason. It would be because his goals (or rather emperor's/ empress's, really) don't align with ours any more. From his point of view, we might be refusing to co-operate with the ruler, which means with him; we'd be in the wrong and unworthy ally/Hand. He doesn't owe us anything. He's just a connector between the ruler and us, but follows the ruler's orders, and helps us because it serves the ruler. And he's very loyal to him/her.

Which is probably why I like him. He's not a footstep of PC, not a minion of PC, but his own self. He's not do to what we tell him, he's got his own agenda, he doesn't reveal it, and that makes the whole situation interesting :)

We'll have to strongly disagree on that. I get no traitor vibes from him at all. He seems to be fiercely loyal to the emperor/empress, and willing to co-operate with us within his purpose (don't forget he doesn't work FOR us, just WITH us).

If he goes against us, it won't be treason. It would be because his goals (or rather emperor's/ empress's, really) don't align with ours any more. From his point of view, we might be refusing to co-operate with the ruler, which means with him; we'd be in the wrong and unworthy ally/Hand. He doesn't owe us anything. He's just a connector between the ruler and us, but follows the ruler's orders, and helps us because it serves the ruler. And he's very loyal to him/her.

Which is probably why I like him. He's not a footstep of PC, not a minion of PC, but his own self. He's not do to what we tell him, he's got his own agenda, he doesn't reveal it, and that makes the whole situation interesting :)

I didn't question his loyalty to the Empire and Acina/Vowrawn. He clearly enjoys being a Sith and all. :)

If he goes against us, it won't be treason. It would be because his goals (or rather emperor's/ empress's, really) don't align with ours any more.

That is what I was referring to. I fear he might turn on us on the Empress's/Emperor's orders if things go wrong. I'm totally pro-Empire/Sith, and I dread the possibility. I love how things are currently going with my MC and the Empire, I'm so happy that I finally could return to my home and reclaim my rightful place (f*ck Zakuul).

I'm also being super nice to him and flirt whenever possible, I hope it'll work out. :D

Edited by Dylinrae

I didn't question his loyalty to the Empire and Acina/Vowrawn. He clearly enjoys being a Sith and all. :)

I suspected that might be the case.

Most of my "rant" wasn't directed at you, but more growing out of your quote, and a general comment on how I see so many other people comment "he'll bertaaaaay meeeee, I want to killllll hiiiim".

Even if he turns against us, it's not betrayal, he's not loyal to YOU (general you, not you Dilinrae you :)). Players get so butthurt when an NPC has their own mind and doesn't always agree with them, and doesn't kiss their arse.

That is what I was referring to. I fear he might turn on us on the Empress's/Emperor's orders if things go wrong. I'm totally pro-Empire/Sith, and I dread the possibility. I love how things are currently going with my MC and the Empire, I'm so happy that I finally could return to my home and reclaim my rightful place (f*ck Zakuul).

I'm also being super nice to him and flirt whenever possible, I hope it'll work out. :D

I also hope it'll work out, too. For one, I'm tired of "betray you again!" tired plot, and also I'd love to see Rivix, in spite of being clearly not fully open and forthcoming, staying by out side regardless of all.

As fully pro-Empire (I dissolved the Alliance and re-join on all my character, except one "experimental" to just see how saboteur works out) I feel exactly the same. :)

I suspected that might be the case.

Most of my "rant" wasn't directed at you, but more growing out of your quote, and a general comment on how I see so many other people comment "he'll bertaaaaay meeeee, I want to killllll hiiiim".

Even if he turns against us, it's not betrayal, he's not loyal to YOU (general you, not you Dilinrae you :)). Players get so butthurt when an NPC has their own mind and doesn't always agree with them, and doesn't kiss their arse.

I also hope it'll work out, too. For one, I'm tired of "betray you again!" tired plot, and also I'd love to see Rivix, in spite of being clearly not fully open and forthcoming, staying by out side regardless of all.

I agree 100%, I can still remember the amount of hate that Koth and Theron got for their "betrayals" (and lets not even go there with Quinn because that's a whole new level of insane). I'm glad Theron is still around but Koth is all but gone. One of the worst things that happened was the ability to kill companions because now whenever there's a new companion it's always, "so when can we kill them?"

Would love to see him stand by our character if push comes to shove, and more force using male romances will never get a no from me! :D

I agree 100%, I can still remember the amount of hate that Koth and Theron got for their "betrayals" (and lets not even go there with Quinn because that's a whole new level of insane). I'm glad Theron is still around but Koth is all but gone. One of the worst things that happened was the ability to kill companions because now whenever there's a new companion it's always, "so when can we kill them?"

Would love to see him stand by our character if push comes to shove, and more force using male romances will never get a no from me! :D

Edgelords were so "I hate him, he doesn't change his life-long beliefs after a minute of conversation with me, how dare he, what a gall!!!111eleven!!!"

Making Rivix romanceable would be only fair, since it's a plan for Arn, according to a tweet linked in the Arn thread. The Empire wants a guy with a lightsaber to love, or the Empire goes all Sith passionate over devs' behinds LOL

Edgelords were so "I hate him, he doesn't change his life-long beliefs after a minute of conversation with me, how dare he, what a gall!!!111eleven!!!"

Making Rivix romanceable would be only fair, since it's a plan for Arn, according to a tweet linked in the Arn thread. The Empire wants a guy with a lightsaber to love, or the Empire goes all Sith passionate over devs' behinds LOL

I would personally love to see the romance option as Rivix's tool to get the Commander off guard. Seduction is one of the oldest, most classic spy tricks after all. But there would be ppl yelling for "let us kill Rivix" if it's like that *shrugs*

The plan for Arn being a romance was also mentioned during the last livestream (eww but each to their own), so agreed it's only fair that Rivix is made a LI for us fanatics Empire side. With a lightsaber to love indeed, however you've made us want Rivix-whip with your fantastic drawing :D

I would personally love to see the romance option as Rivix's tool to get the Commander off guard. Seduction is one of the oldest, most classic spy tricks after all. But there would be ppl yelling for "let us kill Rivix" if it's like that *shrugs*

Seduction can go BOTH ways -- who says the Commander can't seduce ?

He/she was/IS an Imperial trained spy --- .... I used the flirt option on him, but that doesn't mean I'll go full romance ..

just enough to get what I want out of him .. I am a spy after all ( and I could see a great conversation with Theron about it, too)

Remember what that NPC said -- "Lies and deception; these are your tools."

The commander is not stupid .....

just something to contemplate on

Edited by Tashia

The plan for Arn being a romance was also mentioned during the last livestream (eww but each to their own), so agreed it's only fair that Rivix is made a LI for us fanatics Empire side. With a lightsaber to love indeed, however you've made us want Rivix-whip with your fantastic drawing :D

I'm sure he can be skilled both with his lightsaber and a whip O:-)

He/she was/IS an Imperial trained spy --- .... I used the flirt option on him, but that doesn't mean I'll go full romance ..

just enough to get what I want out of him .. I am a spy after all ( and I could see a great conversation with Theron about it, too)

Exactly my thought.

I play my IA as being hot and cold with Rivix, making him think I'm playing hard to get. It is the Cipher Nine we are talking about. Not sure where BW will take it but at least I have fun.

True. The biggest problem is that when a character becomes killable, they usually don't appear in the story anymore, even for those who spared them. I don't kill companions. The only exception is Kaliyo, because she's completely insane and hurts everyone. It was a very satisfying kill, especially with the Agent. :cool:

In Theron's case it was pretty obvious (Gilderoy Lockhart reference :D) that he was a double agent for our cause.

Yes, it would be great if he spoke in our favour, if something bad happens.

There was a moment I think in Tatoonie where the agent was being tricked by someone cloaking as and pretending to be someone else (been awhile since I played through vanilla story so can't remember names) and your IA can make a comment about how they shouldn't lie to a professional liar, would to see maybe a little moment/comment like this from our IA's again.

I used the flirt option on him, but that doesn't mean I'll go full romance ..

just enough to get what I want out of him ..

Out of my 3 single 75s who have gone through the newer content, one is Imperial. A bug took his Koth romance away, so he's in need of a new romance! I think Arcann is the last official romance you can commit to, the rest being flirts.

There was a moment I think in Tatoonie where the agent was being tricked by someone cloaking as and pretending to be someone else (been awhile since I played through vanilla story so can't remember names) and your IA can make a comment about how they shouldn't lie to a professional liar, would to see maybe a little moment/comment like this from our IA's again.

that would be so great !!