Veteran player looking for semi-progression PvE guild

SithFern

Hi! I am a veteran player who recently returned to endgame after ignoring it for the past few expansions. Over the past 2-ish weeks, I've made the effort to get geared up to run Veteran(? - whatever Hard Mode is called these days) Ops. I like my current guild socially, but they have progression teams that run too late and they require some tryout business to even qualify for the HM channel in Discord, which rubs me the wrong way a little bit. They're also on Pacific time, whereas I'm on Eastern time so most events run too late for me.

What I'm looking for is the chance to run HM ops irregularly, not as part of a team. Past experience includes progression ops until about 2013/2014 (HM and NiM) as a tank. Right now I choose to play only my assassin as DPS since I'm prioritizing fun over an in-demand role.

I mostly just want to log on, have a good time doing some operations, and then get back to normal life. This game can become a time suck if you let it and that's not what I'm looking for. I'm also an achievement enthusiast and like to play content for the sake of playing content, not for the sole purpose of getting gear. Gear is a means to an end for me, and it only matters to me that I'm doing unique content, not how purple my outfit is (this means I like to do things like run Colocoid for fun).

I don't mean to sound demanding or anything like that, just being really honest about what I'm looking for. Parses available if necessary but I'd rather not go though some kind of esoteric process in order to "qualify" for a HM run. Feel free to reach out if it sounds like we're a good match.

Edited by SithFern