RP Swoop Race!

Amrekel

Tomorrow (May 1st) the Extreme Swoop League is hosting its first cross-planet race on Voss (Imperial guild, Star Forge server)! Prizes at present are:

1st - 100mil

2nd - 70mil

3rd - 40mil

4th - 15mil

5th - 5mil

Non-racers are welcome to attend the event also - there will be betting, refreshments, and giveaways!

Visit discord for more info:

https://discord.gg/9cFXknPzRW

So on how to RP the swoop race, it depends on what role you decide to play. If you're a fan, you attend the race and root for your racer, partake in the beverages covered by the Extreme Swoop League, perhaps place a bet on the racer you think will win, and other things that would make sense with that. If you're a racer, I think you can figure out what you do.

As for how the race went - it was not as well-attended as I had hoped. I had prepared for 40 or more racers - in the end, we got 4. Of the 300 guildmasters I had sent mail to about the event (often at least a week in advance requesting that they share the news of the event with their guild), two actually showed up. We still did the race - and we handed out the prizes, but much of what I had intended became moot. With four racers, and only three fans, betting was not really profitable for anyone. But all who attended asked that I invite them to the next race, and I will be trying to do additional advertising for the next race.

I appreciate the donation - it will be utilized in the upcoming big race that is being planned to take place on Tatooine in July. I will post more information everywhere on discord and on here when the date and time are finalized.

In the meantime, I will be doing smaller events aimed at new players (such as time attack runs across Dromund Kaas, or giving out vehicles to new players), recruitment for the League, and doing a few other underworld events that have KOTOR roots (likely periodic Pazaak games or tournaments using the in-game roll system).

If you would like more information, let me know! I'm hoping the smaller events help fuel enthusiasm for big race on Tatooine.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who may be interested in competing in the circuit of racing events from the Extreme Swoop League, you may join this discord:

https://discord.gg/4vxPCTnVuT

As of right now, the races will only be done in the Empire side, but if I get enough collaborators I would be open to doing a pubside version of the guild. With enough support from others in setting up the event, it's entirely possible that we could start doing a monthly race, with each faction having a race every two months (i.e. Empire race in January, Republic race in February, then Empire in March, Republic in April, etc.). On my own, I can't manage a monthly big race while doing Pazaak tournaments also. If anyone would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Amrekel

Good news! The next swoop race has been set! Join the discord link I included in previous comments for precise details, but here is the time that I will be actively hosting the event:

July 24th from 9am to 11:30am EST

This race will take place in the Star Forge server, on the PVP instance of Tatooine.

First prize at present is 60mil, second is 30mil, and third is 10mil.

All are welcome to join the race, participate as a PVPer who tries to shoot down the racers, place bets using credits on the race results, and/or watch the race.