Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can We Make CM Crystals Bind to Legacy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can We Make CM Crystals Bind to Legacy?

foxmob
04.17.2021 , 06:36 PM | #1
So...I just switched out master crystals with crit. And the set in my bank happened to be yellow/orange CM crystals. I put in my guns. play a few matches. Then I put all the gear in the legacy bank to play on another toon and WHAM! gun won't go into bank b/c the CM crystal is bound to character.

I mean...really here. this is ridiculously petty. I don't even give a **** about CM gear. I need a crit crystal, and I don't have any lying around that aren't CM. why are we doing this? do we really have to remove and replace crystals every time we pass guns now that EVERY thing is legacy. this feel ridculously petty and, more important (to me) TIME CONSUMING and a reason NOT to use or buy CM crystals.
Krack

hof_th
04.17.2021 , 06:45 PM | #2
Unlock the Crystal Accountwide in Collections and you will be able to put the weapon with the equipped crystal into your Legacy bank.

TrixxieTriss
04.17.2021 , 07:35 PM | #3
They already are if you open them up in your collections.

FlatTax
04.17.2021 , 07:48 PM | #4
You need to do an additional microtransaction for your microtransaction because... EA.
Social Justice Advocate

Seven hours of paying to win in SWTOR can double a subscriber's monthly cost. Detailed figures available on request.

foxmob
04.17.2021 , 07:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatTax View Post
You need to do an additional microtransaction for your microtransaction because... EA.
lol well put.

now I get to log back into the character b/c I don't know exactly which one it was.

I must've vended all my purple/black freebie crits. maybe time to create a new toon.
Krack

JediQuaker
04.18.2021 , 10:30 AM | #6
Why don't you just get another pair of pistols rather than doing all this switching between characters?

In fact, why not treat your alts to their own set of gear?
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

foxmob
04.18.2021 , 11:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Why don't you just get another pair of pistols rather than doing all this switching between characters?

In fact, why not treat your alts to their own set of gear?

why have legacy gear?

because I have two sets of the best weapons in the game (furious s2 rated) and 26 "alts" to share them with.
Krack

Phazonfreak
04.18.2021 , 11:58 AM | #8
You also need to pay for a subscription in order to post on these forums. Considering that you see yourself as a Social Justice Advocate whose only purpose here seems to be singling out shady monetary practices by EA for this game, I can't help but chuckle at the fact that you are basically paying them to do so.

robertthebard
04.18.2021 , 01:41 PM | #9
Hmm, one time "fee" to be able to claim the item as many times as I like for every character I ever make? Sign me up. It sure beats having to buy the item every time at full price, as other games do. The problem with "but everything's not free" is that, once you have the fee covered, it is free. It's free for the next 2, or 200 characters you decide you may want to use it on.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

BRKMSN
04.19.2021 , 05:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
lol well put.

now I get to log back into the character b/c I don't know exactly which one it was.

I must've vended all my purple/black freebie crits. maybe time to create a new toon.
If your "freebies" were in a weapon you sold to a vendor or destroyed, they would have been active in your collections on that character. In other words, you can claim copies of that item on that character without purchasing the extra account unlock. The same is true for regular cartel market crystals. As long as you have them bound to a character, copies are available on that character.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.