Lost Island Vet mode nerfed?

It happened last week, before this week's update. I just remembered it now and figure I may as well ask here lol

I got Vet mode Lost Island through group finder twice last week on different days, with different groups.

One with random ppl, one with preformed group. In both case, we selected all FP from the checklist.

In both cases the Sav-Rak did not do the SMASH thing at all during the fight.

Is that mechanic being removed from the Vet mode? Did I miss it in the update note? Or is it just a bug?

Tbh I'm both relieved (I was being a sorc "tank" in both fights lol) and let down (really like the fight when it's done right)

It depends on the damage as far as I noticed. I was in a group where I boldly stated smash was gone in vet and we got kicked. :) But if there is enough damage then there will be no smash.

And you only need to channel the pipe he is on in ver.

Depends how good your DPS were, in Vet mode you can push him into the vent phases quickly enough to skip his smashes, he definitely does still smash though, I ran a Vet LI 2 days ago

That explained it. Thanks!

The first group I was in was really good at picking up mechanics and such even though 2 of them were running it for the first time. The second group I was in was with guild mates who run NiM raids. We did push the boss pretty fast.

The vet LI groups I had previously all had the smash phase (and died at least once lol) so I was surprised when I didn't encounter it.

• 2 weeks later...
And you only need to channel the pipe he is on in ver.

That would explain why I have seen so many DPS standing in the middle in HM, doing nothing, since vet LI was added to groupfinder.

They seriously need to stop having different mechanics between modes, vet and story should just be about lower HP and lower damage. People run vet FPs then queue for HM and obviously won't tell they are not aware of the mechanics as they think they know them.

Edited by demotivator