Speed hacking

holtinikki

There is such a thing, but I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen it in the six years I’ve been playing this game. It’s hard to play with those kind of hacks without the devs taking notice and banning your account.

As for whether to report, that’s honestly up to you. However, I will say that without actual video evidence, or a multitude of reports on the same player from a lot of different people, not much would come of it.

Is there such a thing? We were in PVP and an opposing team member was accused of doing this, do I need to report or what?

If you can’t tell the difference between a speed hack and abilities, you shouldn’t report or you’ll be just creating false reports all the time.

there are so many movement enhancement abilities and many of those abilities cause desync. because of the desync issues many instances of people accusing others of a speed hack are just wrong.

take the operative roll for example. the desync issues routinely cause them to disappear from my screen. they run the huttball, they are gone from my screen and then poof they are 100 yards a way. this is most likely desync from their roll (double roll most likely). you know they didn't use combat stealth because they still have the ball.

now I have seen some things that I think are hacks; but don't know for sure. so I don't report the player unless I know for sure.

Yes it exists. Do not come into pvp threads tho to get permission to make a report. Having said that if you make a report you need to provide as much details as you can for the report, name of player, date and time of match..what server and if possible screenshots and video. And yes BW does monitor and flag oddness for review. If you can enable your combat log, from there cut and paste the names. You dont cause issues by reporting but reviewing player abilities and experience will let you know what is possible and what is obviously not right.