Update on Nightmare Loot Changes

EricMusco

Better late than never. Thank you for making this change.

Personally, I would like to have seen this at the start with the highlighted op dropping 2 pieces of gear, but only having a "chance" at one of those pieces being a 224. I suspect there would be a lot less fully geared people running around today, and much more motivation to play NiM.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call, I think. I understand the concern behind not wanting to let folks completely gear out with BiS items in one week, though.

That concern could be understood if there was no highlighted HM operation concept. People WERE geared up in one week of EV HM farming on alts.

I dont want to go into details here but i'm sure you are aware how to manage the lockouts in EV/KP for maximum efficiency.

For the record, Eric does know how the lockouts are "managed" in EV/KP. I clued him in to how its done back in December, as I felt it was an exploit. Eric agreed with me that it is an exploit. I had hoped it would be fixed by now, but alas...my hopes are rarely fulfilled.

Great news overall, but my favourite part is that you lot are actually wanting to release these updates with as few bugs as possible. Pass my thanks on to the dev team for taking their time to make sure they get it right by holding off on all-224 until the 4.2 patch : )

Hey folks,

Recently, we announced that starting in Game Update 4.1, only the final boss in each Nightmare Operation would have a 100% chance to drop 224 gear. The dev team has been very actively following all of the feedback that you in the community have been posting regarding this change. With that in mind, they are making one additional change… Starting in Game Update 4.2 all bosses in Nightmare Operations will drop 224 rating gear.

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

Again, just to remind you of the current timeline for these changes:

• Game Update 4.1 (Chapter X) – The final boss of each NiM Operation is guaranteed to drop 224. All other NiM bosses have a chance for 224.
  • Game Update 4.2 (Chapter XI) – All bosses in each NiM Operations are guaranteed to drop 224.

The only reason we are not making all changes for 4.1 is the development time required to implement and test these changes. We want to make sure we get these changes implemented and working properly, and unfortunately we cannot complete all of this in time for 4.1.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

-eric

took them long enough.

Unfortunently, anyone that still does ops in this game is already 224 geared, and i find it hard to believe that most raiders are coming back to farm old content for 224 gear. We need new ops. Period.

6.5/10

Passing... barely

... we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly ...

You mean as opposed to farming EV for everything; not to mention farming the council for relics (you only need 2 toons to get everyone in the raid 224&220 relic)

Edited by Thanatus

Hey folks,

Recently, we announced that starting in Game Update 4.1, only the final boss in each Nightmare Operation would have a 100% chance to drop 224 gear. The dev team has been very actively following all of the feedback that you in the community have been posting regarding this change. With that in mind, they are making one additional change… Starting in Game Update 4.2 all bosses in Nightmare Operations will drop 224 rating gear.

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

• Game Update 4.1 (Chapter X) – The final boss of each NiM Operation is guaranteed to drop 224. All other NiM bosses have a chance for 224.
  • Game Update 4.2 (Chapter XI) – All bosses in each NiM Operations are guaranteed to drop 224.

The only reason we are not making all changes for 4.1 is the development time required to implement and test these changes. We want to make sure we get these changes implemented and working properly, and unfortunately we cannot complete all of this in time for 4.1.

-eric

Best news I've heard from Bioware in a year

It's a good change, and kudos on communicating the logic behind the change and the reason for its delay well. But I'm afraid it might be too little too late, especially if we don't get any new raiding content very soon. Need I remind you that we haven't had any new ops since early December 2014? And no, Monolith doesn't count, it's just one boss.

Also, while we're on the subject of gearing and raiding, I think you need to either remove the bolster from SM ops or stop talking about and designing for "gearing up towards SM operations". There's absolutely no need to gear up for SM ops. Once I hit level 50 I can queue into any ops with the ****** green modifications from the old planetary mod vendors and carry my own weight just fine. Any gear below 216 is already obsolete/redundant/unnecessary/whatever. I really don't understand why you bother with that range of gear at all anymore, in terms of designing content.

Good job listening to feedback FINALLY, but did this really need months and months of feedback (in the form of whining, shouting, twitter abusing and quitting the game) to point out something so obvious?

I think the obvious answer here is: YES. So to all the abusive trolls who go thread to thread telling people to effectively, "Shut up and just quit the game if you don't like it"... THIS THREAD IS OUR "I TOLD YOU SO"!

Hey folks,

-eric

Them loot table updates be hard bro.

Oh and lolz to you if 224 becomes craftable with 4.1 as it was kinda hinted at in the last stream.

I just read the summery but I doubt it, right now crafting kinda sucks for non raiders as the best gear they can produce, mods wise, are worse then the CDC gear. I imagine they want to correct that/I'm expecting a new rank of armoring/mod/enhancvement/hilt that produces 208s

BW: "We don't want people to gear up to fast so we didn't let NiM Ops drop 224 gear.

Meanwhile EV and KP are Highlighted Hard Modes and will drop all 224's..."

The 2 easiest ops in the game drop the GREATEST gear there is. I was full 224's with in 2 weeks two joining a new toon to a new raid team...

Good job BW, Good job.

Meanwhile my guild has lost 2 whole raid teams to ESO and now losing our PvPers to Blade and Soul.

Thanks BW...

P.S.

This announcement is one that would have players screaming about incompetence and it only has 5 pages of comments right now... That should be a bad sign for you.

Edited by RiVaN_

Development time? What development time? All you have to do is Change the gear Input script from 220 to 224 then to be safe go in and test it, if you can't clear NIM in your own game then just edit things to make it easy to test. I would love to see the devs field a team, roll on a server create a guild and start raiding with us, that's the best way to understand why 95% of your NIM Raiders quit

Hey folks,

-eric

Okay lets start off by how are u compensating us for all the lost repairs and gear?

Also what about the 224 offpieces??

IMO 224 is not nearly enough at this point. NIM has to be the final tier of gearing it has to drop a gear tier of its own which u cant get any other place in the game just NIM.

What about the tanking mods and enhancments? Im sure your dev team is clever on its own to realize that the only tank which is fully functional with defense is the juggernaut/ guardian. We want Absorb mods, shield mods, Absorb/shield enhacments. Shadows/ Assasins and Powertechs/ Vanguards DO NOT WANT DEFENSE, its an RNG based tanking stat that is useless to us!

Development time? What development time? All you have to do is Change the gear Input script from 220 to 224 then to be safe go in and test it, if you can't clear NIM in your own game then just edit things to make it easy to test. I would love to see the devs field a team, roll on a server create a guild and start raiding with us, that's the best way to understand why 95% of your NIM Raiders quit

Total waste of their time.

No point winning you people back either. All 12 of you.

Its about time, it only took what 3-4 months of constant screaming to become heard.

Thanks for at least trying to rectify the situation, now we can move onto screaming that shadows/sin & vanguard/PT tanks do not require 2000 - 3000 defense rating and are worse tanks than ever with your new stats allocation.

Just to repeat what others have said.

Highlighted Hard Mode operation of the week dropping 224 gear on every boss was a ridiculous idea.

And killed any need to even look at Nightmare content.

People could run those Hard Mode ops with multiple toons (endgame raiders tend to have 2/3 roles they can play) and gear main characters up in a few weeks max.

You want people to hit the 'highlighted' hard mode each week then maybe last boss only 224 and a nice shiny mount.

Not every bloody boss.

And do you realize that certain Nightmare ops are easier than others?

For instance KP Nim isn't any where near as hard as TOS Nim.

But will both drop the same level and amount of gear?

If so then you'l just have people farming the easier Nightmare ops to fully gear up and end up back to square one.

The top 4 hardest operations in the game should be 224 only.

With cool mounts/decorations that only they drop.

That will cater for your endgame raiders if that's what your aiming for here.