Charater Individuality and Immersion

Shegide

Hello. One thing I've noticed (and other players as well) that has been lacking since the end of KOTET, or even before, is the individuality of the characters. What I mean by that is each character is still simply referred to as "the Commander" even if we rejoined the Republic or the Empire. If you didn't thats fine but if you did, I feel like it would be a lot more immersive if each character was referred to by the NPCs as their respective class. For example, the Inquisitor as Dark Lord, the Warrior as Wrath, Knight as Battlemaster etc. Even Colonel Korrd didn't address Darth Krovos as "Dark Lord" since she's a member of the Dark Council. With the most recent expansion Legacy of the Sith, every character was treated the same and it felt kind of bland. I love Star Wars and I really like this game and I feel like these little things could really help the characters story. Edited by Shegide

Alternatively, i'd like if my former Jedi who decided to leave the Order and stay independant wasn't treated as if she was still a Jedi.

Exactly this. I honestly like being called Commander. I mean we still have the alliance, well what's left of it even if we go with republic or empire. I'm tired of being a tool for them and still angry about losing my fleet and the gravestone.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

Exactly this. I honestly like being called Commander. I mean we still have the alliance, well what's left of it even if we go with republic or empire. I'm tired of being a tool for them and still angry about losing my fleet and the gravestone.

I agree! I love KOTFE, especially considering you build an Alliance out of different factions across the galaxy, like Republic, Empire, Zakuulan rebels, Underworld and Pirate organizations, Jedi, Sith, Soliders, Bounty Hunters, etc. It was great that at least some of them from each of these groups were willing to FINALLY stop squabbling against each other, and come together for a common cause. It was cool that you were building up that force!

I have been bummed that most recent content has shifted back toward the same old Republic vs. Empire all over again. I am also angry about losing the Gravestone and the Eternal Fleet.

I always intend to keep my operating independence instead of just rejoining an overused faction.