Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy New Year to everyone and also post some Arcann art I've been working on. I recently started to learn how to model, rig, and pose assets in Blender! I made this recently and would love to know what you think.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/909471609566408826/929853389628665906/unknown.png

I just learned more about lighting and shadows so I think it turned out okay.

Anyone else working on any Arcann art/projects etc? :)

That is gorgeous! I love it!

Happy New Year everyone!

That looks amazing! The wispy shadows make the leap look even more dramatic. I love that you chose this pose which is so iconic for Arcann.

I'm working on a Funko Pop Arcann, frankensteined together from an Obi Wan and The Will (from the Saga comics). I posted the first one I made in this thread ages back. This time I'm going to experiment with painting more of the gold details on the robe. Here's a picture of the old one next to one I made of my JK:

https://imgur.com/a/fjumMuk

Too cute!

I'm working on a Funko Pop Arcann, frankensteined together from an Obi Wan and The Will (from the Saga comics). I posted the first one I made in this thread ages back. This time I'm going to experiment with painting more of the gold details on the robe. Here's a picture of the old one next to one I made of my JK:

https://imgur.com/a/fjumMuk

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Funko creations. You truly have such a gift for this. I can't wait to see the gold trim/detail work that you are working on :) <3 <3 perfection!!

Hopefully a lot more scenes, and customizations to come for Arcann. But of course I don't expect much big in the way of story. Lets face it, the Eternal Empire family business was basically wrapped up in a nice little bow after Echoes of Oblivion. So I only expect casual stuff, and romance stuff going forward with Arcann

I never really understood how anyone who likes Vaylin and prefers her to Arcann envisions a redemption arc for her that doesn't fundamentally change who she is. I think she would hate that - it's too much like what Valkorion did to her.

Vaylin didn't want redemption it's as simple as that. As Senya said "she is broken". Senya also reached out to Vaylin SEVERAL times, only for Vaylin to continue trying to kill her. Senya reached out to Vaylin even more times than she did Arcann, yet Arcann was the only one to hear her words and even while still darkside, it was strong enough to break through and he protected his mother. Darkside Arcann was a Tyrant, but Vaylin was a maniac who killed people just because "I don't like odd numbers". You have one child who is completely DS and bask in it, and another child that's DS by way of coping with feeling unloved. Which is precisely how love in the end turned him back.

Me? I believe Vaylin was always "off". You hear Valkorian speak about her, how she was as a child, and you see it confirmed in how she was even as a child in the trailer. There was always something off about Vaylin and she needed special attention because neither Thexan or Arcann were using darkside powers or practically crippling knights as a child in a practice match. There was always something with Vaylin, notice how when Vaylin nearly killed the Knights she acted as if she had done nothing wrong, like she was surprised she almost killed some people, and when she was sent away her issues just further set in. Arcann on the other hand seemed like a pretty well functional child who fell to the darkside after prolonged neglect. He wasn't lost like Vaylin was, the darkside was his form of cope. This is why Senya could reach him.

Some people blame what happened to Vaylin solely on how she turned out, and that's also true, but all evidence points to the fact Vaylin was not right in the head to begin with, and instead of getting help, her issues were allowed to fester through attempts to control her. I mean hell, you have the literal big bad emperor, eater of planets, stealer of bodies having children, passing some of his power to them. One was bound to be born "twisted".

Edited by vallixas

Too cute!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Funko creations. You truly have such a gift for this. I can't wait to see the gold trim/detail work that you are working on :) <3 <3 perfection!!

Thanks both! :) Do you have any creative projects, Rose?

My other one is writing. I enjoy it a lot, but it's much harder work for me than crafting figures. I wish more people wrote stories about Arcann - right now I'm almost too exhausted to create any myself and I just want to consume. Hopefully 7.0 and the coming story updates will inspire more people to write some.

I'm not well right now. But, no, no Arcann projects yet. Eventually I will scribble a story together when I get one that doesn't shut off in my head.

I hope you'll share a link with us here when/if you do write one! :) And best wishes, hope you're feeling better.

Vaylin didn't want redemption it's as simple as that. As Senya said "she is broken". Senya also reached out to Vaylin SEVERAL times, only for Vaylin to continue trying to kill her. Senya reached out to Vaylin even more times than she did Arcann, yet Arcann was the only one to hear her words and even while still darkside, it was strong enough to break through and he protected his mother. Darkside Arcann was a Tyrant, but Vaylin was a maniac who killed people just because "I don't like odd numbers". You have one child who is completely DS and bask in it, and another child that's DS by way of coping with feeling unloved. Which is precisely how love in the end turned him back.

Me? I believe Vaylin was always "off". You hear Valkorian speak about her, how she was as a child, and you see it confirmed in how she was even as a child in the trailer. There was always something off about Vaylin and she needed special attention because neither Thexan or Arcann were using darkside powers or practically crippling knights as a child in a practice match. There was always something with Vaylin, notice how when Vaylin nearly killed the Knights she acted as if she had done nothing wrong, like she was surprised she almost killed some people, and when she was sent away her issues just further set in. Arcann on the other hand seemed like a pretty well functional child who fell to the darkside after prolonged neglect. He wasn't lost like Vaylin was, the darkside was his form of cope. This is why Senya could reach him.

Some people blame what happened to Vaylin solely on how she turned out, and that's also true, but all evidence points to the fact Vaylin was not right in the head to begin with, and instead of getting help, her issues were allowed to fester through attempts to control her. I mean hell, you have the literal big bad emperor, eater of planets, stealer of bodies having children, passing some of his power to them. One was bound to be born "twisted".

I completely agree! Arcann's anger is definitely a coping mechanism while Vaylin's sadism seems more like an actual disorder. Vaylin is a tragic figure to me in that it's very difficult to envision a happy ending for her. She 's so inherently destructive that I can't see her establish any healthy relationships with anyone (and, like you said, she doesn't seem to want to - unlike Arcann who speaks wistfully of Senya and tries to reach out to Vaylin even during his darkest times, and eventually comes to see The Alliance/The Outlander as found family). Try to change Vaylin against her will, and you just compound the abuse she has already suffered.

There is a moment when Senya rescues Arcann where it feels like Vaylin could have been within her reach, if only the ship hadn't collapsed. I think the time for that has passed now though, even if they did bring her back somehow. I also don't think every tragic villain needs a redemption arc, but they dropped the ball completely with Vaylin when they let us see her as child (in the trailer), then witness the horror of the Nathema Sanitarium and then gave us no option but to repeat the same torture method Valkorion used on her. It's no wonder that some people began to sympathise with her after all that.

Great post btw, I really enjoyed reading that :)

Edited by witchglove

Yeah it's also why the Arcann romance works, and also why it's so good. Arcann was always more emotional than his brother Thexan. Unlike Thexan, Arcann needed the affection of his parents. So it's perfectly logical that Arcann would fall for someone who showed him compassion despite all he did to them. Arcann romance is more recent than some of the older characters, but in the limited content that we've had, his romance feels like one of the strongest. I also love the idea that even when he was Darkside, he admired the outlander but was angered by it. But then his admiration turned to love after Senya was saved. I love his romance. Especially with a force user in his speech and his messages you can just feel that him and a force user have an unbreakable bond to the point in his own words "your setbacks feel like my setbacks". And I can't wait to see how his romance progress further. He's become my canon romance for my force users. I especially love Arcann with a Sith Warrior. The Emperor's former pawn ending up with his son who then helps the PC take out his tyrant father is just too good. It helps that I also love Senya, so the dynamic between this new family is great (I hope they include Senya in some of Arcann's scenes going down the line, I still want to see her reaction to Arcann with the outlander). Also just imagine someone trying to hurt or wrong the commander with a boyfriend as powerful as Arcann, RIP Edited by vallixas

It's so good to see this forum still active. It's been a good 5 years since I last played and I wont forget how I abandoned Torian for Arcann. Best decision I've done in my main, especially now that I got his DS skin. Again, it's so nice to be in this small Arcann appreciating community, I've got so much fangirl energy that i can't let out cause none of my friends play SWTOR :(

If you guys have a discord server I'll be happy to join! Might make some new friends and finally experience some good multiplayer action in SWTOR (been soloing ever since) :(

It's so good to see this forum still active. It's been a good 5 years since I last played and I wont forget how I abandoned Torian for Arcann. Best decision I've done in my main, especially now that I got his DS skin. Again, it's so nice to be in this small Arcann appreciating community, I've got so much fangirl energy that i can't let out cause none of my friends play SWTOR :(

If you guys have a discord server I'll be happy to join! Might make some new friends and finally experience some good multiplayer action in SWTOR (been soloing ever since) :(

You can add me anytime, and I love the DS skin so much. I just wish Bioware would release an updated skin for him that makes him look even closer to his cinematic model.

Okay, but I still think you're panicking way too soon. Remember we have to go to the same planet (Elom) that Arcann was sent to during the first installment of the story. While we may not see him, he is definitely a major piece of the story from the get-go. We should all just be calm and spend the next two months prepping. I have a feeling our Prince will need a rescue mission but we'll get him back.:D

Personally i'm not sure if i'm for a "rescue mission". Seems like it depowers Arcann a lot. This guy fought in loads of campaigns, killed so many Sith and Jedi. Withstood the power from even his faher's blast. Being a damsel in distress we must constantly save was Theron's thing, and honestly at times it made his character seem more incompotent than he was supposed to be. No, becoming a damsel for what's supposed to be one of the strongest force users in the galaxy (the commander themselves needed multiple powerups and valkorians help to defeat Arcann) is just not the way I want Arcann to go lol

Edited by vallixas

Ooh I did some backreading and.. Arcann being sent to Elom? I didn't get the chance to keep tabs on any SWTOR updates after KOTET/KOTFE patches since I just returned. So what's with the Arcann being sent to Elom? Would love spoilers if it involves Arcann especially if it's something sad, gives me the chance to prepare for the ache.

You can add me anytime, and I love the DS skin so much. I just wish Bioware would release an updated skin for him that makes him look even closer to his cinematic model.

I'd love to! I'm not sure how these thing work, but if you could drop the name here I'll make sure I'll add you on my main toon :D

Oh and I apologize for the separate threads(?) never got the chance to participate in any community forums before.

Hi laonglalan! Great to see a new/returning face in here! :)

Some of us do have an Eternal Empire Discord dedicated to fangirling over Arcann and discussing everything that pertains to him. We like to keep it pretty small and private to avoid haters, but we would LOVE to have you! I'll PM you :) If anyone else would like to join, just PM me or Siita.

Ooh I did some backreading and.. Arcann being sent to Elom? I didn't get the chance to keep tabs on any SWTOR updates after KOTET/KOTFE patches since I just returned. So what's with the Arcann being sent to Elom? Would love spoilers if it involves Arcann especially if it's something sad, gives me the chance to prepare for the ache.

In the recent small story update "Whispers in the Force" we have the option to send Arcann to search for one of darth Nul's relics on an unnamed planet in Wild Space. Most of us have the assumption that the planet we send him to is Elom, since the flashpoint in 7.0 is called "The Ruins of Nul" and takes place on Elom. However, if you look at galaxy maps from canon sources, it seems that Elom is not in Wild Space, but in the Outer Rim. There are some other things that we're basing our assumptions on, but the rules here on the official forum prevent me from going into it in more detail. I can say more on Discord!

Personally i'm not sure if i'm for a "rescue mission". Seems like it depowers Arcann a lot. This guy fought in loads of campaigns, killed so many Sith and Jedi. Withstood the power from even his faher's blast. Being a damsel in distress we must constantly save was Theron's thing, and honestly at times it made his character seem more incompotent than he was supposed to be. No, becoming a damsel for what's supposed to be one of the strongest force users in the galaxy (the commander themselves needed multiple powerups and valkorians help to defeat Arcann) is just not the way I want Arcann to go lol

I agree. I want to see Arcann so badly in 7.0 that I'll take anything, but if anyone is rescuing anyone, I think it would be more appropriate for him to come to our rescue. I've always felt the writers gave him far too few chances to really show what an incredibly powerful ally and asset he is. It's an important part of a redemption arc that I would love to see fleshed out more.

I'm just going to point back to this earlier post on the topic by Siita, because what she envisioned would be a dream come true for me:

Arcann is a powerful and strong character and I think it would be fitting that he came to our aid after we arrive on Elom. I can absolutely envision him emerging from some mist/fog, perhaps us just seeing his yellow lightsaber and a flash of his white armor at first.

A throwback to this scene would be BEYOND epic, in my opinion:

https://tenor.com/view/star-wars-finish-off-arcann-lightsaber-tirall-gif-20843825

How epic would it be for him to reach out to our characters with his outstretched arm/hand and pull us up? This would tie in with the whole concept of hands and their symbolism as they relate to Arcann's relationship with Thexan AND our player characters... bonding, love, and support. It is all there.

For people that didn't spare Arcann or didn't send him to Elom, it would make sense that an entire strike team of force users would be needed to equate to Arcann and his power/strength. That group could just as effectively aid the commander after an Elom landing ambush.

I want this to happen SO much now.

Edited by witchglove

Oh my gosh! So exciting to see so many folks joining in on the conversations!

We'd LOVE to have more Arcann fans join us in our discord. We have conversations there that delve pretty deeply into Arcann and Zakuulan lore. As for projects, we are actively working on and sharing everything from art/modeling/prop creations to fan fiction to 'things' we have located within SWTOR assets. We've also created a guild in-game and run through content together - I've had a BLAST going through the Star Fortresses with Witchglove to learn more about Arcann's story and past.

Please DM either of us for an invitation! <3

But not everyone likes discord. :(

Don't worry :) Those of us on the Discord server have agreed never to abandon this thread. We definitely want to keep it alive and keep showing our support for Arcann! If something really interesting comes up on Discord, we often repost it here.

Edited by witchglove

I'd love to! I'm not sure how these thing work, but if you could drop the name here I'll make sure I'll add you on my main toon :D

Oh and I apologize for the separate threads(?) never got the chance to participate in any community forums before.

I have of course many different alts, on both factions, but I usually play imp the most. Current SW main is Valus Khul on Star Forge

Oh my gosh! So exciting to see so many folks joining in on the conversations!

We'd LOVE to have more Arcann fans join us in our discord. We have conversations there that delve pretty deeply into Arcann and Zakuulan lore. As for projects, we are actively working on and sharing everything from art/modeling/prop creations to fan fiction to 'things' we have located within SWTOR assets. We've also created a guild in-game and run through content together - I've had a BLAST going through the Star Fortresses with Witchglove to learn more about Arcann's story and past.

Please DM either of us for an invitation! <3

Sounds awesome, I would love join in Star Forges amd cpmtemt with people i'm atleast a little familiar with. I just recently came back to this game after finishing Endwalker in FF, so as of now i'm in some random guild. After a while I got tired of getting random invitations and just accepted one just to be done with it lol. Hopefully you guys are Imps because while I have many pubs mostly JK's I just love the imp aesthetic/stories too much and play it more. But I am able to join either side

I agree. I want to see Arcann so badly in 7.0 that I'll take anything, but if anyone is rescuing anyone, I think it would be more appropriate for him to come to our rescue. I've always felt the writers gave him far too few chances to really show what an incredibly powerful ally and asset he is. It's an important part of a redemption arc that I would love to see fleshed out more.

I'm just going to point back to this earlier post on the topic by Siita, because what she envisioned would be a dream come true for me:

That sounds awesome. Yeah the last thing I want Arcann to become is another Theron. Theron already fills that role of constantly getting into trouble and us needing to bail him out, don't need another male companion being that way when we already have the undisputed king of it lol, Arcann needs to remain himself

Edited by vallixas

Sounds awesome, I would love join in Star Forges amd cpmtemt with people i'm atleast a little familiar with. I just recently came back to this game after finishing Endwalker in FF, so as of now i'm in some random guild. After a while I got tired of getting random invitations and just accepted one just to be done with it lol. Hopefully you guys are Imps because while I have many pubs mostly JK's I just love the imp aesthetic/stories too much and play it more. But I am able to join either side

We have guilds on both sides, so that's no problem! I'll send you a Discord invite via PM and we can talk more about playing together there :)

Look forward to seeing you in the discord, Vallixas!!

I just wanted to share here that I saw today that one of the biggest Star Wars fans/Youtubers around, Star Wars Theory, stated that he considered Arcann to be one of his favorite Star Wars characters. He went on to say that Arcann's story is one of his all-time favorites in the franchise as well.

LOVE TO SEE IT!!

He's actually done quite a few videos on the Eternal Empire and has even has one of the top (upvoted) comments on the SWTOR Sacrifice cinematic:

Star Wars Theory

"Goosebumps on goosebumps on goosebumps.

Probably my 1000000x watching.

If only they'd make full movies just like this."

Glad to see we have a high-profile Arcann supporter out there <3

I was thinking today about Arcann and friendship. I'm assuming that, aside from Thexan, Arcann didn't have any friends - both as a child and as an adult.

Is that the feeling that you all have?

Could it be that our player characters are not only the first romance for Arcann but also the first true friendship that he's formed with another person? Imagine the strength of the bond that he'd form with our characters, if that's the case. It makes any foreseeable breakup scenario even more devastating.

That breakup letter from Arcann is absolutely horrible.

Thoughts?

I was thinking today about Arcann and friendship. I'm assuming that, aside from Thexan, Arcann didn't have any friends - both as a child and as an adult.

Is that the feeling that you all have?

Could it be that our player characters are not only the first romance for Arcann but also the first true friendship that he's formed with another person? Imagine the strength of the bond that he'd form with our characters, if that's the case. It makes any foreseeable breakup scenario even more devastating.

That breakup letter from Arcann is absolutely horrible.

Thoughts?

I think that is definitely the case!

In the "Brothers" short story, Thexan states that "Father changed our guards regularly to prevent attachment. The Knights of Zakuul were our servants, but his followers and subjects. He was their god, we only represented an extension of his will." This makes me think that Arcann and Thexan had a really weird upbringing where they were surrounded by servants, but no one really viewed them as children or treated them with affection - except for Senya, of course, when she was still around (and we know that they rejected her for whatever reasons - I personally think they did it because they felt pressured to do so by Valky). I believe they only had each other. I'm sure Valkorion wouldn't have allowed them to do normal stuff like socialising with other kids.

Growing up with a twin brother who was clearly his best (and only) friend, I doubt Arcann ever really learned to be alone. The shock of losing Thexan (even if you discount the guilt of killing him) must have been immense.

I don't see him making friends as an adult either (before he is redeemed). Once he is emperor, he is even more removed from other people. I think the way Zakuul views their emperor can be compared to the way the ancient Egyptians viewed the pharaohs - more god than man. Certainly not someone you could socialise with. I also doubt Arcann had much trust in many of the people who surrouned him at court, given that all or most must have been extremely devoted to Valkorion. I think he must really have felt deeply alone.

Edited by witchglove