What happened to this game?!?! Gear is a NIGHTMARE!

damonskye

This is an alt nightmare. It may be ok on 1 character, but I'm sorely dissapointed with it. I don't want to do raids, they are too long, and I need to, to unlock vendors. Vendors should never be quest locked anyway, especially with a bug prone game like this.

It could not - possibly - be any more alt friendly, all you have to do is send your gear over and you are done. Yes you need mainhand and offhand, yes you need implants but come on... this is still a very very very alt friendly system.

Really like I get most complains even though I think they are stupid but this... is just wrong.

It could not - possibly - be any more alt friendly, all you have to do is send your gear over and you are done. Yes you need mainhand and offhand, yes you need implants but come on... this is still a very very very alt friendly system.

Really like I get most complains even though I think they are stupid but this... is just wrong.

Exactly, this is the most alt friendly expansion to date and all the altholics are going crazy. The set is in 2 pieces and you can send the rest of the set to any toon, the gear even change the form based on the side you pick it up :D But hey, iz bad for alts :rak_02:

Made it really easy to get the 328 gear this last patch as well. The 7.0 experiment has been interesting. In itself it's pretty equal to 6.0. However take something away from someone regardless of if they need it or not, and the psychological aspect comes into play. Hey I had that and now I don't that's bad rawwrr.

So, two weapons, two implants, plus three different alacrity values for different classes. And suddenly it's not so friendly.

So, two weapons, two implants, plus three different alacrity values for different classes. And suddenly it's not so friendly.

Yes, for three out of 18 DPS specs require you to swap put one ear piece. Or you just act like a normal person and just equip the gear and don't worry about it. I know I don't care that Arsenal and Ling (my two main DPS specs btw) have a different alacrity from pyro, I still use the same gear who cares.

Edited by ZUHFB

I've now read through the whole mess this post has become. My two cents won't change anything but I still want to say them.

The story Update wasnt enough. That's right and every complaint about that is right.

There are too many currencies for gear upgrades. Also right.

While I like the idea for one currency. I would still split this for the best gear. (I'll ignore pvp here because it has its own world)

The best gear should be a reward for doing the hardest content. That currently only r-4 drops it, is kinda sad. Nim content in general is currently not rewarding due to that, which doesn't reflect its difficulty (excluding nefra runs).

What really bothers me here is how some players now more or less demand a way to get the best gear.

Why can't people let have the best raiders have the gear which is clearly made for them. The gear the "casual" have had now didn't lost any value. Everything you did now with it is still possible.

The only thing you need the current 340 gear is to have easier r-4 VM runs, which the most here clearly said have no intention to do at all.

There is nothing to do. If you have nothing to do now you had nothing to do the last two years.

The best gear should be a reward for doing the hardest content. That currently only r-4 drops it, is kinda sad. Nim content in general is currently not rewarding due to that, which doesn't reflect its difficulty (excluding nefra runs).

What really bothers me here is how some players now more or less demand a way to get the best gear.

Why can't people let have the best raiders have the gear which is clearly made for them. The gear the "casual" have had now didn't lost any value. Everything you did now with it is still possible.

The only thing you need the current 340 gear is to have easier r-4 VM runs, which the most here clearly said have no intention to do at all.

There is nothing to do. If you have nothing to do now you had nothing to do the last two years.

The problem is... THEY let EVERYONE gain the "beat gear" .... i.e. "the highest number" in the past (6.0). You can't close the barn door after the horses have got out. "Casuals" (i.e. 95% of the player base) now expect to be able to get the "best/highest number" gear. You cannot change that now in 2022.

I get why NiM raiders tell people they don't need the gear.... but they come off as entitled ___holes. Why does it bother them everyone can get the "best/highest number" gear. There's a big difference in saying you don't need it and whining about you wanting it. It's like getting mad you work 60 hours a week to get the greatest sportscar in the word while someone else only works 20... or worse yet, it is given to them by their parents. Don't be jealous. Be happy that someone else is happy. That's the problem with the world. We worry too much about other people rather than our own happiness.

So I ask the NiM raiders.... what is it hurting YOU that someone else has 340 gear? How do you feel wronged?

I understand it works both ways. "Casuals" shouldn't whine about not being able to get the "best/highest number" gear but... again.. I blame BW on this one. In 2022, you cannot take things away from people that have had and not expect backlash.

I get why NiM raiders tell people they don't need the gear.... but they come off as entitled ___holes. Why does it bother them everyone can get the "best/highest number" gear.

So I ask the NiM raiders.... what is it hurting YOU that someone else has 340 gear? How do you feel wronged?

You make a number of groundless assumptions here.

First of all, no one is saying it 'hurts' NiM raiders that someone else has 340 gear. You dreamed that up all by yourself.

Secondly, not everyone who says you don't 'need' the best gear is therefore a 'NiM raider'. The only 'NiM' I've done is Nefra. It's because I do everything else with less-than-best gear that I can say you don't 'need' the best gear.

You make a number of groundless assumptions here.

First of all, no one is saying it 'hurts' NiM raiders that someone else has 340 gear. You dreamed that up all by yourself.

Secondly, not everyone who says you don't 'need' the best gear is therefore a 'NiM raider'. The only 'NiM' I've done is Nefra. It's because I do everything else with less-than-best gear that I can say you don't 'need' the best gear.

Dude... open your eyes. They whine and complain and the FIRST thing they say is "you don't need it". Yes, people know that... but when you say "you don't need it" they are really saying "I need it. You don't" (with a sweet pat on the head). Who are YOU to tell me what I "need"?

And to my point... why do they even have to point out that most people don't "need" it? Just shut your mouth and move on. But noooo... I want to tell you that you don't need it because only we "NiM raiders need it."

Edited by LJ_Gibbs

The problem with the current gearing system is that it disincentivizes long term subs. 6.0 gearing worked because there was an attainable goal for everyone that couldn't be completed in a week or two (yes, you could gear one character in a couple weeks but it's the people gearing multiple alts that are the long term subs). The multiple sets and the "BIS" gear target kept people subbed to get them. The people who maintain subs are not the people who need the gear and can get it or the people who want the gear and can't get it (they both cancel their subs when they reach their "goals"). The people that sub long-term are those that want the gear and can attain it through their preferred playstyle (note that how long it takes using that playstyle is not the determining factor on them staying subbed, just that they can get there).

There is all this complaining about how "casuals" aren't reliable subs but in the last 3 years, there hasn't been enough content to keep them subbed (I include in "casuals" the players that play the new operations and flashpoints a few times but don't run them over and over ad infinitum). If you want them to stay subbed (and they are by far the largest demographic in the game) you need to offer them something to strive for.

The problem is... THEY let EVERYONE gain the "beat gear" .... i.e. "the highest number" in the past (6.0). You can't close the barn door after the horses have got out. "Casuals" (i.e. 95% of the player base) now expect to be able to get the "best/highest number" gear. You cannot change that now in 2022.

I get why NiM raiders tell people they don't need the gear.... but they come off as entitled ___holes. Why does it bother them everyone can get the "best/highest number" gear. There's a big difference in saying you don't need it and whining about you wanting it. It's like getting mad you work 60 hours a week to get the greatest sportscar in the word while someone else only works 20... or worse yet, it is given to them by their parents. Don't be jealous. Be happy that someone else is happy. That's the problem with the world. We worry too much about other people rather than our own happiness.

I understand it works both ways. "Casuals" shouldn't whine about not being able to get the "best/highest number" gear but... again.. I blame BW on this one. In 2022, you cannot take things away from people that have had and not expect backlash.

It will hurt them because if too many people get 340 gear from R-4 on their own they can't sell gearing runs. I saw first ad of sale run today.

Current situation is worst for the teams that were progressing NiM in 6.0. They needed the BiS gear to clear them. Now their gear got taken away with 7.0, so they have no business doing NiM anymore, and they can't get the gear from R-4 either, so that they could continue with their NiM progging. I know several raid teams who already disbanded because of 7.0 and the trend will continue if R-4 isn't nerfed fast enough.

You are absolutly right. A loud crying minority of NIM raiders whined over months that they could show there elitistic behavour when everyone has the best gear. It's a shame that the devs had nothing better to then catering this needless minority. I'm sure they lost more subs than they got from a handful of returning NIM raiders,

It's because I do everything else with less-than-best gear that I can say you don't 'need' the best gear.

You HAVE to get the word NEED out of your head.....

NEEDing the gear was NEVER the point.

The Point IS that SWToR has ALWAYS been about the ability of EVERY PLAYER having the ability to have the BEST gear in the game ... UNTIL 7.0. Then it became ONLY THE SPECIAL PEOPLE DESERVE the BEST GEAR... IT STILL has NOTHING TO do with NEED.

BW has now made the 1% in the game that get the best and the rest of the 99% get the crap.

Edited by denavin

It doesn't, but it's also not unfair that it is the case. I don't feel wronged or something like that, but it's also just not unfair you can't get that gear - because you could, if you'd be better at the game. Why are you jealous? The guy above you summed it up PERFECTLY and I couldn't have said it better.

I didn't want to say it but: if we both had 340 gear I'd still (most likely) beat you in PvP and PvE in all forms of content, skill is what is the difference and not gear, why do you think people complain when some idiots comes into ranked without gear but not if alim or brysheg come into ranked without gear? Because we don't want to tell them they are way too bad and it's an easier argument to say they don't have gear.

Truth is that gear is useless garbage. I don't need it, I can still do everything without BiS gear - and I have. If R-4 would not drop the best gear why do it after mark of mastery achievements? No reason. But they have an incentive to do new content, there is nothing wrong with that.

How does it effect you if I have better gear? It doesn't. You are the one being jealous, you could simply enjoy life and your heroics or whatever in 324 but for some reason you think that they are sluggish, which 1. Gear wouldn't fix and 2. Reading a guide would. BUT then that would be on you, something you could do but are too lazy to do, so you complain about people that have nothing to do with your situation.

You are absolutly right. A loud crying minority of NIM raiders whined over months that they could show there elitistic behavour when everyone has the best gear. It's a shame that the devs had nothing better to then catering this needless minority. I'm sure they lost more subs than they got from a handful of returning NIM raiders,

Like who, name one person.

It will hurt them because if too many people get 340 gear from R-4 on their own they can't sell gearing runs. I saw first ad of sale run today.

Current situation is worst for the teams that were progressing NiM in 6.0. They needed the BiS gear to clear them. Now their gear got taken away with 7.0, so they have no business doing NiM anymore, and they can't get the gear from R-4 either, so that they could continue with their NiM progging. I know several raid teams who already disbanded because of 7.0 and the trend will continue if R-4 isn't nerfed fast enough.

No, they still have their gear? They didn't touch legacy content at all, it is just as hard as it was in 7.0. No gear got taken away, it's just a lie.

The Point IS that SWToR has ALWAYS been about the ability of EVERY PLAYER having the ability to have the BEST gear in the game ... UNTIL 7.0. Then it became ONLY THE SPECIAL PEOPLE DESERVE the BEST GEAR... IT STILL has NOTHING TO do with NEED.

BW has now made the 1% in the game that get the best and the rest of the 99% get the crap.

Crap?! 326 is not crap, 324 is not crap - you have a completely distorted PoV of how good gear is. It is a minor, very minor improvement. It doesn't matter at all, especially in scaled content - which realistically speaking, is what most people that post on the forums do.

And best gear until 7.0... What about 248? Was P2W for PvE. What about 258? again, P2W for raiders.

The reason you thought it was fair in 6.0 was because having 306 was the BARE minimum for ANY content, join a pug with 302? Get kicked, get your 306 first. You won't be kicked now for having 326 instead of 330, and if you are I promise you gear wasn't the reason.

Everyone SHOULD have an access to the best gear. There should be a path to get it regardless of your play style. Why? Because once you have it, you might be willing to try other content (or not - the choice should be yours). I guarantee ton of people don't even attempt the ops due to not having a good-enough gear for it (not the only reason, but one of them). Same why some won't even try to PVP. Plus, subscription fee doesn't vary based on your play style, so neither should the rewards.

Right now, there are too many types of gear and way too many currencies which only creates confusion. Ideally, there should be one (max two) types of gear with mods to provide customization, and one type of legacy-bound currency (not counting the event related ones) with either no or very high cap, so everyone can spend it as they see fit across their legacy. If they ever go that route, it would be nice to have an option to exchange current gear for the new one at a comparable level (just a thought).

Also, I wish ops were available on single/2+ mode in order for people to a) enjoy the story (if there is any), b) listen to the dialogues (without frustrating the rest of the group who already spaced-bar through it), and c) learn the mechanics of the ops, so if they choose to join 8/16 group, they actually know what they are doing. And, ops (or any content) should not require a use of a voice chat in order for people to complete it - if they do, then it's a fail.

Edited by VegaMist

Plain wrong.. The only time it was this case was with 6.0 before that getting best gear always required running the current most difficult content.

So for years this system bothered nobody and now it seems to lead to envious little child's.

It doesn't, but it's also not unfair that it is the case. I don't feel wronged or something like that, but it's also just not unfair you can't get that gear - because you could, if you'd be better at the game. Why are you jealous? The guy above you summed it up PERFECTLY and I couldn't have said it better.

I didn't want to say it but: if we both had 340 gear I'd still (most likely) beat you in PvP and PvE in all forms of content, skill is what is the difference and not gear, why do you think people complain when some idiots comes into ranked without gear but not if alim or brysheg come into ranked without gear? Because we don't want to tell them they are way too bad and it's an easier argument to say they don't have gear.

Truth is that gear is useless garbage. I don't need it, I can still do everything without BiS gear - and I have. If R-4 would not drop the best gear why do it after mark of mastery achievements? No reason. But they have an incentive to do new content, there is nothing wrong with that.

How does it effect you if I have better gear? It doesn't. You are the one being jealous, you could simply enjoy life and your heroics or whatever in 324 but for some reason you think that they are sluggish, which 1. Gear wouldn't fix and 2. Reading a guide would. BUT then that would be on you, something you could do but are too lazy to do, so you complain about people that have nothing to do with your situation.

To be honest we all got that by now - you're the legendary player, absolutely world class, rows of people faint as soon as you enter the fleet, bla bla bla.

All your tips are completely useless for most casual players. Maybe they will read a guide for a few minutes to get a roatation, but thats it. The majority won't use keybinds, the majority won't practice on the puppet for weeks, etc.

And why? Because thats WORK, but they want to PLAY and have fun. For the majority it's not fun to wipe for weeks on one boss in a hardmode operation.

SWTOR does not have the amount of raiding players to restrict gearing only to them. Not anymore in 2022 when casuals could just easily switch to another game without that nonsense.

The argument "casuals don't need the gear" is nonsense: If you are able to clear bosses in the new operation with 330 gear, then raiders don't need the new gear either. So just eliminate the 340 gear or give it to casuals too.

Oh, and before I forget: If you are unable to complete R-4 with 330 gear I can give you your own advice: Read guides, use keybinds, work on your character - that brings so much more than new gear (340), just use the 330 and do your homework.

Plain wrong.. The only time it was this case was with 6.0 before that getting best gear always required running the current most difficult content.

So for years this system bothered nobody and now it seems to lead to envious little child's.

Not entirely true either. There were lots of complaints about it in 3.0, which was why galactic command and renkown were born. In 1.0 and 2.0, it wasn't a thing really for 2 reasons, the raiding community was substantially larger and less toxic than it is now (you could "pug" operations without getting achievement and gear checked) and in 1.0 and 2.0 you could solo world bosses (for a weekly) which gave you the "components" you needed to buy top gear (crystals of some sort).

There has been so little content, that the gear grind is all there is. That also is a big difference between now and then.

Edited by DWho

There you go attacking my "skill" again. Typical. I'm not jealous. I understand why NiM raiders should get the best gear... I just don't get why people like you care if casuals do as well. It has absolutely zero effect on you.... yet you want to gatekeep. If you can give me ONE reason it hurts YOUR gameplay I would gladly shut up and go away. But you can't ... you are so worried about other people getting the same thing you have because of some weird sense of entitlement because you do the hardest stuff.