New to PVP, any tips?

bowesaa

Hey! I'm currently level 61 on my Jedi Shadow and I'm working towards getting my gear so I can start doing PVP! I'm just looking for some tips to help me ease into PVP, as I don't want to be the person that everyone gets frustrated with if I'm not doing something correctly. I've heard there's a lot of toxicity around PVP right now.

I've done some research into my infiltration class so I have a basic understanding of what to do with it, but sometimes the maps can be confusing.

As a stealth class, people will likely expect you to guard nodes and/or harass the enemy's side node. Learn how to sap and cap enemies guarding nodes. Infi is an above-average 1v1 spec, get proficient at solo kills. While you're guarding nodes, don't wait until the last second to call if you see inbound enemies.

If you're in mid fighting, use your taunts, and don't wait until your last sliver of health to cloak out, you could easily get critted for more than it in this meta.

Use the Death Knell armor set with weapon expertise amplifiers. Two cloaks is your best bet as far as a tactical goes, followed by the awakened flame.

This is general tips, and I'm missing a lot. You'll learn more as you go along.

If you're in mid fighting, use your taunts, and don't wait until your last sliver of health to cloak out, you could easily get critted for more than it in this meta.

I learned this lesson the hard way when I kept dying multiple times trying to stealth out at low hp! A lot of useful tips so thank you! How do I get the weapon expertise amplifier?

I learned this lesson the hard way when I kept dying multiple times trying to stealth out at low hp! A lot of useful tips so thank you! How do I get the weapon expertise amplifier?

Go to modify a piece of gear. Underneath the armoring/hilt slot, there will be a healing, dps, or tank icon with a name and percentage next to it. Click on it, and you will have the option to re-calibrate it to an amplifier of your choice. Weapon Exp maxes out at 1.2% per piece. 1.08% can be good enough.

This is random, and can become a real credit sink. If an armoring/hilt doesn't give you what you want after the cost per gets up to 100k, replace it and try again.