if you thought low/mid pvp was already horribly balanced.....

meddani

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vandin and quesh are back? I foresee a lot more deserter debuffs and TDMing during objective WZ matches.

also, there goes any opportunity to play reg arenas, now even mids/lows will be popping WZs 24/7. I actually enjoy arenas. (in before anyone says go play ranked: I solo queue and I play a moderate amount of solo ranked but not on multiple classes).

doesn't affect me that much because none of my chars are under lvl 70....but i still like to level new ones in low pvp....this is just...horrible.

reminds me of 1.0 pvp where you could be lv 50 with full expertise against 10-49 without expertise.

I don't see the new bracket popping anymore than before. They have just removed a level set of player base of playing PvP. If you go into PvP now in this new bracket before 43 you will be wasting your time. THEY literally SCREWED OVER the lowbie PvP players with this move. BIOWARE and CHRIS SCHMIDT have made the worst decision with this move. I hope it comes back to bite them in the arse.

arenas only pop during low population. the number of players queued in the 1-70 bracket will be significantly larger than that of players queued in 1-40something. and mids.

This change is the stupidest thought they've had. Who the *$#( playtested that and said this is a good change. Lets put a level 10 in a match with a level 74, they get bolster though so its fair, right guys? guys?

I cant wait till they remove this. Until then guess I will enjoy facerolling on my keyboard against noobs, its what bioware would want after all.

PvP brackets have been merged into two brackets instead of three: 1-74 and 75.

This is a late April fools joke, right? OR did they forget the part in the notes that says “all players will now be granted lvl 74 abilities and utilities when entering entry lvl pvp”.

They can’t honestly believe that lvl 10s can compete in any way with lvl 74s or that this will be a fun experience for anyone. Please tell me they over looked something in the notes (like they obviously already did by referring to the bracket as 1-74 and not 10-74).

Also where are the changes to the entry lvl mission to not require winning to get your first left side equipment. Surely they don’t expect lvl 10s with missing gear to win against lvl 74s that are probably fully geared with Ossus set bonus gear.

Lastly, no update on the win requirement for regs or back filling games that are a certain loss. I didn’t expect any changes to the lock out, but if they are going out of their way to merge the lowbie and mid brackets, I would have expect some more changes to make it fairer. Instead we get another abortive change that is the last nail for lowbie pvp.

I do hope they missed a chunk of notes. If not, this is possibly the dumbest **** BioWare have ever done to pvp in this game and the people making these choices should be demoted.

arenas only pop during low population. the number of players queued in the 1-70 bracket will be significantly larger than that of players queued in 1-40something. and mids.

You are correct, in theory they should pop more 8 man matches.

But in practice, I think this will reduce pops sub lvl 75 after a few weeks when new players realise it’s pointless playing pvp before lvl 70.

All those that would have queued up for the old lowbies bracket will now stop until at least lvl 50-60.

So those “extra” players BioWare are hoping will buff the queue will only be there on paper, the reality will be they won’t queue and arena will still pop the most in lowbies.

Next step will be to put all PvP'ers in the same bracket.

That actually makes more sense than this. Then they could boost everyone up to lvl 75 when you enter pvp and give you access to all abilities, utilities, tech frags for rewards and lvl 75 gear to wear in pvp.

You will get 4v4s, you will just get 4v4s on a bigger map. Now you will be playing roulette every time to see how many level 70+ you have on your team. Every level 40 and under player you have is basically dead when they walk out the door. Cant wait to watch epic battles on objective as the level 15 operative uses overload shot into frag grenade, as hes fighting a person in full set bonus, has a full dps rotation, and dcd/utility lineup. I'm sure the level 15 operative wont quit pvp after that warzone at all sure he didn't get credit towards the daily or weekly but surely the next match will go better.

The lowbies will be farmed out of this new level dynamic. Lowbies is dead, if you do get 8v8 pops they will be horrificly unbalanced and you will get your 4v4s pop when all the lowbies leave que. On the bright side I can finally get all those solo kill cheevos I still need.

That actually makes more sense than this. Then they could boost everyone up to lvl 75 when you enter pvp and give you access to all abilities, utilities, tech frags for rewards and lvl 75 gear to wear in pvp.

But this would actually make the Devs at BioWare have to thing and balance something for this to work. Something we all know that they can't do.

This is a late April fools joke, right? OR did they forget the part in the notes that says “all players will now be granted lvl 74 abilities and utilities when entering entry lvl pvp”.

They can’t honestly believe that lvl 10s can compete in any way with lvl 74s or that this will be a fun experience for anyone. Please tell me they over looked something in the notes (like they obviously already did by referring to the bracket as 1-74 and not 10-74).

Also where are the changes to the entry lvl mission to not require winning to get your first left side equipment. Surely they don’t expect lvl 10s with missing gear to win against lvl 74s that are probably fully geared with Ossus set bonus gear.

Lastly, no update on the win requirement for regs or back filling games that are a certain loss. I didn’t expect any changes to the lock out, but if they are going out of their way to merge the lowbie and mid brackets, I would have expect some more changes to make it fairer. Instead we get another abortive change that is the last nail for lowbie pvp.

I do hope they missed a chunk of notes. If not, this is possibly the dumbest **** BioWare have ever done to pvp in this game and the people making these choices should be demoted.

I wish they'd hire you as a dev Trixxie

there's no "in theory" about it. even if fewer lowbies queue in 1-70, it's still a substantial increase to the mids population.

with all the whiners complaining about TDM and asking to a separate arena queue. now I want it too for the opposite reason. I'd actually like to get in arenas every other match. this low population thing is retarded. they put the absolute worst, trashiest maps ever invented (vandin & quesh) back in the rotation, but arenas? nooo. you have to have very specific queue circumstances to get an arena. yet the end-game for pvp (rated) is exclusively arenas. this makes no *********** sense. none. it's like that tool going "ballastic" on me for not wanting the low-mid squish b/c I enjoy getting mid arenas.

vs turds who purposely reroll toons just to pvp in lows and mids cuz can't handle 75 regs. luls

I know when they made the last changes to the brackets that playing lvl 42-50 was often impossible if there were a bunch of lvl 71-74s in the queue, so I would stop pvping when I hit mids and then start again when I reached lvl 50. What do you think will happen after a month when people realise there’s no point queuing for pvp before lvl 50?, they’ll just stop queuing.

So there won’t be any extra players in the queue and ultimately it will prevent fresh blood from learning or getting into pvp. Which will ultimately hurt pvp numbers through the whole community from regs to ranked.

Regardless of wether there are more players or not, do you really want to be stomping lvl 10s on a lvl 74 or worse, having them on your team to carry?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

happily playing pvp since pre beta - paying each month - I have spent a small fortune on this game over that time - 8 years *12 months * £8.99 = £863 .... roughly speaking

if you wanted to loose loyal subscribers - this was exactly the way to do it ... I'm out.

Sub cancelled.

Since coming back to the game, the most fun I have had was making like 15 level 15’s and leveling then up to 43 in lowbie pvp. Lowbie pvp was the best without all the damn DCD’s. Once I got to mids I wouldnt pvp again until the mid to late 50’s. Best part was from 6am to 10am central , constant arenas. Well no more lowbie pvp for me.

That is precisely why I never do lowbie PvP. Instead, I wait until 75.

That is precisely why I never do lowbie PvP. Instead, I wait until 75.

But even 75 PvP for most part is a scoreboard fight. It is to size up who has the bigger E-peen. Most 75 matches I have played since the deserter lockout has been just that. Number and kill farmers, don't give a damn about objectives.