Sorcerer Feedback

JackieKo

I only want to talk about a few things, and this is all just from reading the spec. I haven't been able to parse yet due to constant interruptions IRL. I have played/main'd a sorc since nearly launch (May 2012 or so) and I play all 3 specs in both PvE and PvP content, although mostly PvE w/Lightning these days.

I have a few comments from this perspective.

General

I'm fine with moving raid buffs and threat drops to optional for all classes. I know that Cloud Mind has DR on it, but it hasn't always. It was only added as a utility in 5.0 or something like that. While it's really nice, Sorcs can live without it in PvP content, especially with everyone else's dcds scaled back as well.

Overall I find the sorc dcds NOT gatekeeped in the tree to be a little overpowered compared to other classes. We basically have every tool we've always had over the years except Force Slow, and likely Extrication in most content.

Force Slow is a dcd that only really has use in PvP, and even then, I feel like I'm the only one that ever uses it in PvP. PvE rarely has a use for it, and I can't even think of an example. So losing this is no loss to most sorc players.

Extrication is lost if you choose Force Barrier which most people probably will for both PvP and PvE content, but Extrication was never a dcd for sorcs anyway. It was always about Sorcs adding a bit of utility to a team in a unique way in a few circumstances. I most frequently use it in Huttball/PvP, and losing it means sorcs are further reduced to number farming instead of trying to win in PvP. I get that you can choose to take it instead of Force Barrier, but if there's no way to know you're gonna play a Huttball match, or if the game continues to restrict respec'ing in PvP, then that will mean most Sorcs will choose Force Barrier instead just to save their own hides, since it's more universally useful, and lose this extra bit of utility they can choose to bring to a team. Outside of Huttball, it can be used on various things like saving allies from being dogpiled in PvP, or pulling people up to mid in CW, etc. PvE uses are pretty infrequent, such as pulling the tank for Xeno to the column during Thermal Tolerance or whatever.

Sorcs have long been the beating post of PvP. I had to wonder when I saw these specs if this was the devs trying to swing back the other way, or if this was the devs accidentally letting Sorcs keep too much compared to other classes, I don't know. I mean sure, I'd love to keep nearly everything we've always had, but I don't want it to be unfair. Given the other things the other classes are forced to choose between, Sorc feels overpowered from this perspective.

I'd also like to address Force Speed/Emersion and Overload/Electric Bindings. Right now, Electric Bindings has been given to Overload (the Sorc KB) as an intrinsic trait. I would've much preferred to see Force Speed have Emersion intrinsically instead, and make Sorcs have to choose to take Electric Bindings if they want them. I realize that Styrak NiM is cheesed wtih Electric Bindings and this may be the only really good PvE usecase for Electric Bindings. Otherwise, Electric Bindings is pretty much a PvP-only dcd. It should be selectable, or eliminated entirely from Sorcs.

One last general grievance. Please return to the days when Extrication did not break an ally Sorc's Force Barrier. When FB first came out, Extricate could pull a Barrier'd sorc w/o it breaking, then later this was changed. It's tiring listening to the whining about this when it accidentally happens in PvP.

Lightning

The selections here feel underwhelming compared to Madness.

That said, the thing I mostly want to talk about is Overloaded Strike in tier 20. As others pointed out, selecting this added another active ability to my bar which makes no sense. If you're gonna keep this (which you shouldn't, it's junk compared to what Madness gets), make it a passive buff to Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt. Lightning Strike is a base Inquisitor ability that is replaced in the Lightning tree by Lightning Bolt at level 55.

My suggestion here is to buff something that's already a part of Lightning's dps rotation. Lightning Bolt is the worst wet noodle filler of any dps class or spec. Just straight-up buff it. Or let it put a debuff on targets to make them take more damage from all sources. Or let your dots (Affliction, Crushing Darkness) build stacks where Lightning Bolt will be proc'd for insta-cast whenever your dots crit (up to a max of X stacks). These are just examples.

Lightning's AoE capabilities are already stronger with Affliction/Force Storm/Chain Lightning; having Lightning Bolt hit two people is an AoE ability that won't be used unless you're trying to tunnel someone in PvP who just happens to be standing next to someone else. In PvE settings, Affliction/FS/CL will always be better.

This is minor, but Finish Them (same tier) isn't useful in a rotation that is already force positive. The only time you need Force in the Lightning rotation is if you died and were rez'd, or if you are in PvP and you run away and heal yourself back up. Of course, if you have time to run away and heal yourself up, then you have time to consume for 5 minutes and wait till the debuff stacks fall off before going to rejoin the fight.

Madness

Tier 15 Unrelenting Affliction and tier 30 Downfall, if they work like I think they do together, sounds like a crazy good dps boost for Madness. Unrelenting Affliction will persist the deathmark stacks available for just nearly the entire rotation of the spec, which is a flat dps boost, and Downfall will occasionally consume an extra deathmark when Creeping Terror ticks. Since this is not based on critting, it is guaranteed and will always function in this manner. Together, these two will make Creeping Terror hit harder, and all DoTs generally (including CT) hit harder for longer in the rotation.

If it doesn't work like this, then I'll be a little disappointed. This has a really good synergy with how the spec already works. I haven't really looked at other class's dps buffs to see if this is overpowered by comparison, though. Anyway, what Madness gets seems way better than what Lightning gets, that's for sure.

Corruption

The changes to Corruption seem overpowered, and steals the thunder from the main thing Operative healers do. Sorc heals were always about single-target healing, not HoTs. Dark Infusion gets a HoT component (Sustained Corruption), and they can spread Resurgence to nearby players (Dark Resurgence). I don't like it because it makes the classes too similar.

Rather than making Sorc heals like Operatives, buff healing Sorcs from an energy-management and single-target healing standpoint. Energy management has been trash in Sorcs since 5.0. You don't have to overbuff the energy management like in 2.10-3.*, but just make consume not needed quite as much. On that note, make Consuming Darkness build stacks that buff the next (Dark Infusion, or something), either increased heals on it or auto-crit or something. Buff Static Barrier with more damage absorbed, heals, etc. Buff Innervate, one of the best healing abilities of the class (but not HoT spread!! make Innervate single-target stronger in some way). The tactical already buffs Roaming Mend, so I don't think anything needs to be done with that in the spec.

Conclusion

These were just my initial thoughts real quick. I hope I have time to parse a little before they take the PTS back down. I believe I have decent notional builds for all the content I do.

I think Lightning's tree buffs are much weaker than Madness's. I think Corruption's tree buffs step on the toes of Operative/Medicine, and should be redesigned from a single-target heals and energy management perspective. I still think the dcds are too much compared to what other classes are forced to choose between in the tree. I think it says a lot that I feel my biggest loss here is Extrication, an ability doesn't really do anything for me at all.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Force Slow is a dcd that only really has use in PvP, and even then, I feel like I'm the only one that ever uses it in PvP. PvE rarely has a use for it, and I can't even think of an example. So losing this is no loss to most sorc players.

Force Slow can be used offensively in Huttball or if an enemy is approaching a node like in Ancient Hypergate. I never really viewed it as a dcd.

Extrication is lost if you choose Force Barrier which most people probably will for both PvP and PvE content, but Extrication was never a dcd for sorcs anyway. It was always about Sorcs adding a bit of utility to a team in a unique way in a few circumstances. I most frequently use it in Huttball/PvP, and losing it means sorcs are further reduced to number farming instead of trying to win in PvP.

Your point about Extricate is a good one. I kinda forgot about Huttball when I was compiling my feedback.

1. The way the combat styles are working definitely feels like a Sorcerer imo. The core of the class wasn’t really changed too much and we got some cool new abilities.

2. I tried all 3 specs

Corruption

I liked the choices of dark infusion hitting multiple targets or applying a hot. The resurgence spread on innervate was also very good

Madness

The options for death field seemed interesting. I really liked the increased damage reduction on periodic crits, reminded me of the Infiltration Shadow passive that increases DR on crits.

Lightning

The choices here were good too. With the choice of increased DR on every thundering blast, deionized up, the DR from lightning bolt, and the unnatural preservation DR, my damage reduction was in the 50%’s/60%’s at one point.

One thing for all combat styles though:

I noticed cloud mind wasn’t applying the extra 25% DR. Based on what I remember from the tooltip it said “increases damage reduction” so it should be additive, I believe. If it is meant to only reduce damage taken by 25% though, I would understand. That and some abilities (Lightning strike/Lightning bolt/¿overwhelming strike?/the damage reduction on thundering blast passive) showing up as separate abilities, instead of replacing them, were the only negative things I noticed. I’m not looking at the names right now, but overwhelming strike, I think, is the ability that causes lightning strike to hit multiple targets.

For each class so far (guardian/sent, sniper/op, and sin/sorc), I feel the changes are pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing the new abilities in the future update. Thanks for the hard work

From my limited testing on the PTS, one thing I noticed that is kind of bothering me is that I am getting stacks of Wrath on my Madness Sorc yet none of the abilities nor tooltips mention being able to build stacks of Wrath. Was this an oversight? What made it stick out was that if you took the Overloaded Strike, then the 4 stacks of Wrath did not make the Overloaded Strike an instant ability. If you are going to have a passive that builds stacks of Wrath, please put a passive in the ability tree AND consider adding Overloaded Strike to one of the abilities that can be insta-cast.

do you realize without defensive skills/passives sorcs will be the most paper class in the game?

Somebody has to be the most paper class in the game. Can you think of anyone it would suit more?

Although I agree, they were defensively gutted.

With PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Sorcerer.

Please answer the following questions:

[*]Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing an Sorcerer? Why or why not?

GENERAL

> A typo on Lightning Sorcerer "Suppressive Current": "detnotes" which I'm guessing should be "detonates".

> Couldn't find Sorcerer tactical vendor (I confess I might not be the best at looking for things but it wasn't near the other ones).

> The "player/guild players/mail/daily rewards" toolbar that usually stays top left of the screen kept showing up middle of the screen whenever I had to go through a loading screen.

> Items from conquest weekly crates are getting the "This item will permanently bind in *timer*".

> LVL 35: "Unlimited Power" as a choice doesn't seem worth it. Granted it gives a nice boost but since you can only use it once every 5m and only lasts 10sec the other options as passive effects seem to be much better in the long run. Feels like raid buffs should not be a choice - for the above reasons and somewhat limited use - or maybe add it as a choice between 3 different raid buffs?

> LVL 70 & 80: The options feel so "meh" for top levels. I'd expect the higher levels would open better skills given the "work" we have to put to get there. Maybe swapping the skill upgrades - LVLS 15/30 - for those skills on those levels would be a more interesting move? Like you get the skill earlier then after all the leveling pains as you get stronger you can customize/improve them. Feels a bit more rewarding and give those later levels better options instead of getting the skill and 5 levels later improve them.

I do get that "Force Mobility" could be too powerful lower levels so maybe replace 15 & 30 for 60 & 70?

LIGHTNING

> LVL 30: Feels to me like only "Insulating Blast" is really worth it, especially end game/boss fights.

"Off Balance" and "Dark Embrace" are pretty much useless under those circumstances and don't really offer anything worth taking on lower levels. We can have a degree of "error" while learning the game, but my point is that once we reach the top it'll make the objective of customization pointless in this case since only one option will be worth taking it (check Corruption for the opposite feedback).

"Dark Embrace" really has potential to be a customization option, though. Maybe, instead of bonus damage to "stunned target" change it to something like "has a 25% chance of dealing bonus damage"? Something like that could make it a contender with "Insulating Blast" because it would work under every encounter rather than just the ones that can be stunned, aka, not bosses.

CORRUPTION

> LVL 15: I think these are the kind of options we should have (in contrast with lighting LVL 30 above). They give a noticeable amount of customizations that can change the gameplay a bit.

I think that's all. Not much of an "expert" player so just giving the impressions I had with the classes I play most.

Dear SWTOR team,

Here is my feedback for the 3 specs for Sith Sorcerer.

Corruption Sorcerer

I had a very fun time with the choices that you made available in the trees. To answer your question, the rotation and the flow of the class feels the same as it was before just with added flavor. Some choices for Dark Infusion and Innervate are quite pleasing. The fact that you can spread Resurgence using Innervate or make your Dark Infusion either an AoE or a double cast was quite amazing! I commend you.

Lightning Sorcerer

Overall about the same feel of the rotation as it is currently on live. I do have a few comments about some of the options. There is an option to make Chain Lightning a single target ability. I think it exists as a separate ability and it is not proc'd the same way as the original Chain Lightning. I do not know if it is intended, but it might be beneficial to have it replace the ability and the same effects carry on (like procs and such). I think there was a similar choice that you can make for Thundering Blast too. Other than that, the experience was pretty similar to the current version.

Madness Sorcerer

Once again, I had a similar feel for the flow of the class as it currently is on live. Since it is a DoT class, it is a bit harder to check it since enemies die pretty quickly. But I will say that some choices related to Death Field and I think one of the DoTs are pretty interesting.

After testing sorcerer on pts i noticed that choices in ability tree for both madness and lightning for lvls 50-80 are absolutely the same. Force barrier, imersion, 3% DR, backlash etc. Lvl 20 choices are also absolutely the same (cloud mind, finish them etc). At lvl 35 two of three choices are the same for both madness and lightning....

Once again, in a game where we didn't had any new classes/specs since game release it is highly important that all existing specs/classes/advanced classes are being unique, different and distinguished so the game could maintain interest in playing DIFFERENT specs/classes. And when players see that lightning and madness have many things the same and less different than it should be it results in less interest and multeity while playing swtor....

1 even if mara would lose All of the staded skills they would still be in a better spot then sage/sorc is atm

'we are also the second easiest class to kill already and certain comps can ToD us if they do it correct'

Wroong. There was some tacticals that made maras look more survivable than they really are, but without taken those into account maras were always first to be focused down EXACTLY because they were easy to kill before tacticals.

Maras cannot godbubble and heal to full, or teleport behind a corner and spam self-healing. Their camo doesnt drop them from combat for regen. Sorcs dont have to be out of combat to heal like maras do. You do not know what you speak of or have never seen maras before tacticals were introduced, and we still dont know if old tacticals will be usable at 80.

I think there is some good feedback in this thread already; I just wanted to add my voice about Sorc/Sage since that's my main alt.

In general, I agree with those that don't like the choice between pull and the immunity bubble at level 70. I can understand wanting to make the pull optional, since it's an extra button that a full solo player can easily do without, but the placement in this tier feels kind of unfair. Extrication is a great way of assisting other players in very specific situations: any Huttball match, friends stuck in terrain, any situation where you have to move quickly such as being marked for death on MM Dread Guards. But you don't always know in advance when it will be useful, and you're more likely to need Force Barrier even more. It would be good if Extrication could either be baseline or moved to a tier where it doesn't compete with something quite so essential in a group setting.

For Lightning, I just wanted to echo previous comments that some things that appear to be intended to be passives don't seem to be working correctly at the moment but instead give you an extra button that doesn't appear to function properly either (Halted Offensive, Insulating Blast) - hard to test that way.

For Corruption, the level 15 tier seems really interesting on paper but again I wasn't sure whether it was working correctly. Haste wouldn't proc for me at all, and Rally worked on a basic level, but doesn't appear to be a smart heal at the moment (as in, automatically applied to the lowest health target in range)? It would really have to be smart to be useful.

As someone else commented, the level 30 tier seems very uninspired - the Resurgence spread is a neat idea, but the other two options seem weak to the point of being useless.

Edited by Tiranea

Feedback on lightning sorc

Overall I like most of it though it seems to be a bit of a step away from sorcs being all about the kiting and making them a bit more tanky which is fine if its a choice but not so much fun when its forced on you.

15- like this, nice choice between more aoe, more single target or more self heals which is a clear and meaningful choice. The heal buff seems very short though. It didn't trigger often and I don't think I ever got more than one stack and that would often fall off before I could actually use unnatural preservation.

20- Didn't rly understand overloaded strike, on the target dummy it was reducing MY health so I'm guessing its broken. The other two seem pretty much a pvp or pve selection which is fine but not hugely meaningful.

30- this looks a fun and meaningful choice between root, DR and dmg

35- seems odd having an op buff here and since I don't op its really just a straight choice between more DR or more dmg which is fine but a bit meh

50- I guess its ok but I think most people will just take backlash for pvp, barrier for solos and FPs and defiance for ops so not really a choice, just something you switch depending on what you're doing

60- Choice between two kiting skills and one DR skill. This is a forced reduction in sorc kiting ability which is a distinctive part of the class. Id much rather it was a choice between a merged emersion/surging for kiting, the straight DR on vigor and some sort of buff to self healing, maybe the return of the bubble self heals which I think has disappeared?

70- Just hate this. Its pretty much a soft removal of extrication since its a cute utility stacked up against sorcs biggest dcd and their big aoe buff. Extrication isn't exactly game breaking but its fun and very sorcy so losing it hurts the distinctive feel of the class. It's biggest use is playing objectives in huttball. Once you take it away sorcs just get added to the classes that spam aoe in mid which will kill objective huttball even more. Please change this.

80- Choice between mobility, passive DR and a slow which I quite like since its a sort of damage increase kiting, damage reduction kiting and static DR which is a nice choice for people to personalise their different playstyles

Overall I think there's some interesting choices to make that will let people adjust their playstyles in different game activities but I'd like more of the level 15, level 30 and even level 80 type of choices where you're choosing between things like better single target dmg, better aoe damage, better kiting, better static DR or better active DR. If you find you're dying too much then you can lean into kiting or DR or if you really want that top dps spot then you choose more aoe damage or if you just want better 1v1 or boss killing ability then you choose the single target dmg skill.

Edited by Bullyabass

• Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing an Sorcerer? Why or why not?

Rescue RESCUE!

I feel the need to add my voice to the chorus of people asking that you not make us choose between Rescue/Extrication and Force Barrier. There are lots of different perspectives, but mine is specifically as someone who has had a Sage healer main since launch, participating in weekly raid groups consistently all 10 years. Nothing makes me feel like I'm playing a Sage healer as much as Rescue. It feels satisfyingly powerful, and lets you be the "responsible adult in the room." Pay attention--get over here! What are you standing in?? There are a few ops fights where Rescue is pretty consistently handy, but the best uses are the random times where, out of the blue, someone needs a rescue and your quick reaction time saves the day. It encourages and rewards raid awareness in healers. A healer (almost) never gets thanked for healing--that's their job--but when I throw out a perfectly timed rescue, that's when I'm most likely to get a relieved "Thank you!"

That said, Force Barrier has been, well, "God Bubble" ever since it came out. It's saved my life more times than I can remember. The problem is that ultimately, a healer has to keep themselves alive in order to do any healing. When it comes down to choosing between something that will save my life (Force Barrier) and something that might help save someone else's life if they happen to be in a bad situation and I happen to notice it (Rescue), the responsible choice is going to be Force Barrier every time. But that breaks my heart because it means we'll miss out on all the unexpected, awesome moments that we've enjoyed since launch.*

If the concern is whether the skills make this experience feel like you are playing a [sage]?, then the answer is no. Please don't make Sage healers give up Rescue to have Force Barrier!

*A rescue anecdote from a recent raid, just for fun...

Two or three weeks ago, we had a couple new players with us who hadn't cleared NiM Mutant Trandoshans before. We get Greus, Hissy, and Kron to the tracks and pushed, the train is coming in [ERROR] minutes, and a player says, "Um, can I be here?" Vanguard is standing on the far side of the tracks, where there's about to be a train wreck! I yell, "NOPE!" and Rescue him, his toon sailing through the air just ahead of the train. Laughter and relief follow, before we have to get serious again as you-know-who jumps in. Anyway, it was an epic moment--why I love to play a Sage.

Emersion vs Surging Speed (level 60 utilities)

-- This is a PvP only thing

It's unacceptable to make a Sorcerer pick between one or the another. This utilities, in PvP, are meant to be combined together under all circumstances. Sorcerer is supposed to be a highly mobile class and not being able to pick both of these two will greatly reduce our mobility. Force Speed is the main ability used for kitting so its a must to have it available as often as possible (and 5 seconds make a difference). On the other hand if you don't take Emersion, in many cases Force Speed becomes completely useless (for example you are rooted, or a marauder used Force Crush on you - if you use Force Speed nothing will happen at all and you are left to continue taking damage). Another thing is that Surging Speed makes your Force Speed last longer.

And now speaking from my 5 years experience as a Sorcerer healer in PvP and ranked - what's even the point of using Force Speed without having these two utilities? I mean a Marauder or a Juggernaut leaps on you and meanwhile another Sorcerer or a Sniper is attacking you which results in having many slows on yourself. So you want to use Force Speed to run away or kite, but nothing happens because you were force to take Surging Speed instead of Emersion, in other words you are dead. If you take Emersion instead of Surging Speed then you will be able to run away but you get shorter time to do so and lose another important buffs comming from the utility.

Since Sorcerer healers are currently quite weak in terms of HPS compared to other classes, and I'm saying it again they are supposed to be a HIGLY mobile class, kitting is the most important thing to save yourself from death. Making us choose between the two utilities will nerf our mobility drastically.

If nothing, make the Emersion utility at least BUILD-IN PASSIVE in the CORRUPTION SORCERER tree. Force Speed in should work the same way as Hold the Line in Commandos and Vanguards - removing all movement-imparing effects and giving you the speed buff. It's much needed in PvP, especially for the Sorcerer healer which must be able to safely kitte as often as possible.

With the removal of defensive skills and the already diminished offense of Sorcs - You should simply rename the class "Flashy target that can't really hurt you ... much"

Finally got to play some extended PTS of the Sorc. That's pretty much it.

Does this feel like a Sorc?

A sorcs apprentice maybe or one that has become feeble minded at 80. Cause my 75 Sorc feels 20x better then 80.

It feels more like give up three of the following four:

Survivability, Mobility, Utility, or Offense.

Basically forcing a utility class known for its mobility and crafty survivability into... A one trick pony racing against Clydesdales.

Just feels like someone on the development team likes Stealthers and hates every other class.

Been a sorc main since I started, will try to navigate the nerfing but genuinely feels like you're trying to get people not to play this class.

And will say the class redesigns seem to poorly consider how badly its going to shift PvP in the favor of Sins/Operatives.

Just feels like the pruning, nerfing.

Should feel exciting to level up...

Not like you're decaying of old age and forgetting abilities.

And for the record I'm one of the people who is ok with common sense meeting of abilities. (i.e: merge two of the lightning sorcs off heals into one, put cloud mind and its Dr into the static barrier, etc.) Just seems like you guys are going way off course from sensible pruning and more into full redesign...

When the game has severely struggled with balancing issues for ages... Just so far giant red flags.

Edited by TheVoyant

Level 60/50 Feedback. Please replace Dark Resilience(level 60) or Sith Defiance(level 50) with Backlash.

Exactly what they said, Backlash is very important for PvP players and I wouldn't recommend anyone to PvP as a Sith Sorcerer without it.

I don't really see the point of Instant Whirlwind as a talent. Ranged shouldnt have insta 8 sec cc in any world. Just make it baseline as a cast. For extrication it should be baseline aswell (it s not that gamebreaking).

If i had to choose between both these skill I would remove Whirlwind from sorc since you are trying to merge cc/mez for all classes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Corrupted flesh (take 15% less periodic damage) should not be an exclusive option.

Sorcerers are wearing light armor and they should be able to ALSO solo content (obviously not as easy as a tank can do it).

Don't nerf them, please.

Best regards.

Ok, I know this is not min-max related, but for chrissakes PLEASE:

A lightsaber is not just a glow stick that you hold in one hand to illuminate a scene. I always hated that sorcs and counsellors really didn't do much with their lightsabers, but at least they were able to USE it!

This is now completely gone. The lightsaber, most iconic weapon in the history of... ever... has now been reduced to an overqualified flashlight.

That is right. A flashlight.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrott.

If you insist on going that route, please at least give us a main hand item, that is invisible and gives you the stats of what a lightsaber would've given you. That would at least give you the iconic look of channeling lightning or stones with TWO hands, instead of one while the other is bothered with a useless glow stick.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Electricdawn

Suppressive Current: which modifies Chain Lightning so it gives debuff on targets it hits which then can be detonated with Force Storm for more damage ->i have a big problem with this since for Lightning spec, Force Storm isnt in normal rotation.

-> i suggest to make Suppressive Current be applied with Chain lightning yes - but it should be also detonated by the next Chain Lightning damage so it would not totally break the established rotation by suddenly forcing ppl to use Force Storm in there. OR better yet make it be exploded by both Force Storm or next Chain Lightning damage-> this would make it more usable even for normal content not just for stuff like ops.

Edited by Darittha

Ok, I know this is not min-max related, but for chrissakes PLEASE:

A lightsaber is not just a glow stick that you hold in one hand to illuminate a scene. I always hated that sorcs and counsellors really didn't do much with their lightsabers, but at least they were able to USE it!

This is now completely gone. The lightsaber, most iconic weapon in the history of... ever... has now been reduced to an overqualified flashlight.

That is right. A flashlight.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrott.

If you insist on going that route, please at least give us a main hand item, that is invisible and gives you the stats of what a lightsaber would've given you. That would at least give you the iconic look of channeling lightning or stones with TWO hands, instead of one while the other is bothered with a useless glow stick.

Thank you for your consideration.

Which is why I never played the Sage or Sorcerer Classes. Why I wanted single saber option for the Shadow and Assassin Classes.