Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Organizing Forums

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
12.19.2020 , 08:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
There is this sticky in the bug report forum https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=877258 that points to the tech support forum on AHQ
Yeah, but itís a little vague or misleading in the title because itís about the bug forum, not straight tech support. Iím suggesting a nice clear title that says here is where to get tech support.
Donít get me wrong, itís good that itís there, but how many threads do you or I answer on the forums about tech issues that arenít about bugs.
Things like networking / lag issues or bit raider installers or over heating systems or graphic drivers etc.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

DuchessKristania
12.21.2020 , 08:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
I ask for at least three exceptions: character love threads; Suggestion Box forum threads; and Bug Report threads.

As stated already, the (character) love threads can be inactive for some time, but reawaken to activity when a character has new content. Such as Vector's cutscenes for the IA with his alert and after completing Onslaught. Or when a new player wants to join in the conversation with like minded individuals.

Jackie requested that I send her an example of the character love threads in a PM. I sent Vector's (personal bias, lol). She asked how many I thought there were. I couldn't venture a guess as to precise numbers but I pointed out that it was probably safe to assume any romance option had one, and that it might be wise to assume that most, if not all, of the vanilla companions had one.

I hope that they listen and keep those threads unlocked. Sometimes responses are few and far between, but I think they should remain open.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

Tofu_Shark
12.22.2020 , 03:48 AM | #23
Sweeping all the unresolved bugs under the rug, are we, Bioware?

I suggest leaving bug threads open, in the rare instance someone actually searches for an existing thread on a bug they were going to post about before creating a new thread. Locking those threads only condones the creation of new threads on bugs that already have threads on them. I would also suggest leaving suggestion threads unlocked for similar reasons.
MMOs are supposed to add content, not remove content: *Galactic Map - 3D planet models, satellites, and home stars or mother planets shown, similar to Mass Effect's map, *Tython Captured Padawans - dead Padawan in cage missing that triggers mission *Advanced Class NPCs *etc., etc., etc.

Jesseriah
12.22.2020 , 02:50 PM | #24
Maybe you can make this thread [Sticky], so we have an official thread for that section too @Jackie?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...71#post9905771

Title wishlist thread.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

DarkTergon
12.22.2020 , 06:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseriah View Post
Maybe you can make this thread [Sticky], so we have an official thread for that section too @Jackie?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...71#post9905771

Title wishlist thread.
that's a good idea,
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

ďThe problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.Ē

Stradlin
01.05.2021 , 12:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hello everyone,

- Locking threads that have had no activity in over 6 months

I think this is a bad idea. Plenty of old threads are made about topics that never expire. For example, a thread like "I really like/dislike Smuggler story!" is just as current or obsolete in 2021 as it was 9 years back. Nothing relevant about the vanilla story is in any way different now; praise or criticism made in 2013 hasn't turned obsolete
by 2021. Stuff like this is same old conversation had by new people. One-size-fits-all auto locks seems kinda crude and unnecessary.

hillerbees
01.05.2021 , 04:58 AM | #27
Jackie, please can you look at making the Community News page up to date - it should be vibrant and refreshed - not old and irrelevant.

I'm here looking for the end date of the Life Day event - do you think I can find it?!!!

Kaveat
01.05.2021 , 06:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post

soo many potentials with this one, but for now, let's just refer to the "Official SW:ToR In-Game Events Page", and try to start with having a calendar of events that is proactively kept up to date, not re-actively updated whenever the whim suits and they remember to get around to it.

Even if it was just updated to "January" and all but the "check back later for updates" was cleared, at least we'd know someone was awake in navigation...
"Those who place profit above freedom generally end with neither." - Qui-gon
"Live alongside corruption for too long, and you no longer notice the stench" - Yoda
6.2.1 = GIGO [end of line]

DarkTergon
01.06.2021 , 03:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post

soo many potentials with this one, but for now, let's just refer to the "Official SW:ToR In-Game Events Page", and try to start with having a calendar of events that is proactively kept up to date, not re-actively updated whenever the whim suits and they remember to get around to it.

Even if it was just updated to "January" and all but the "check back later for updates" was cleared, at least we'd know someone was awake in navigation...
would be nice to have it a month ahead, has there even been anything about this month, never mind next :/
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

ďThe problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.Ē

Kaveat
01.06.2021 , 08:16 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
would be nice to have it a month ahead, has there even been anything about this month, never mind next :/
see, now you have gone to far, logic has no place in this rendition of the omniverse.

we shall now have to take a page from one of the D&D realms where gnomes are 'inventors', and if at any point one of their kind invents something that actually works, they are labeled 'insane" and exiled from the community.

Code:
ps: btw, just checked and it seems that some one actually read the post about updating that page.
I suddenly feel like one of the M&M's in that xmas commercial when they spot santa: "he does exist!"
"Those who place profit above freedom generally end with neither." - Qui-gon
"Live alongside corruption for too long, and you no longer notice the stench" - Yoda
6.2.1 = GIGO [end of line]