gunnery alacrity

TeRRuS-BaKKuS

Gunnery Commando has a standing 3% alacrity buff, so you only need 663 alacrity to hit the 1.4s GCD break point. The next break point for 1.3s GCD, 2374, is generally considered too expensive under the 6.0 stat budget and would cost too much crit to achieve unless you have the guild alacrity buff.

tl;dr

• 1.4s GCD - 7.14% - 663 alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD - 15.38% - 2374 alacrity

Ok thanks for the numbers.

I am runnning with CF set as i dont see how in hell i am supposed to get AP set when i dont have time for too many ops.

I find that disturbing that for me to get the set for the class i like best i have to ops for 6 months before getting my set....

So, basicaly 1.3 on CF set is waisted? better go for slower but more crit (ie 1.4)

i do however have the +5% from guild. so i guess run 1.3gdc and 1.4 for that other content not affected by guild bonus?

Edited by TeRRuS-BaKKuS

Ok thanks for the numbers.

I am runnning with CF set as i dont see how in hell i am supposed to get AP set when i dont have time for too many ops.

I find that disturbing that for me to get the set for the class i like best i have to ops for 6 months before getting my set....

So, basicaly 1.3 on CF set is waisted? better go for slower but more crit (ie 1.4)

i do however have the +5% from guild. so i guess run 1.3gdc and 1.4 for that other content not affected by guild bonus?

the guild bonus does not apply to pvp....

• 5 months later...
you can't trade crit vs power that easily and only to a certain point and at that point you will still have an insane amount of crit if you go 1.4 gcd

According to the Diminishing Returns google spreadsheet linked in the Theorycrafters Discord, you can benefit a little more from using Mastery augments if you hit 3438 critical rating on an Arsenal Merc/Gunnery commando. The crossing point is 3600 for Power. Excluding the gold 77 augments for now, since they are out of reach for most people, we're talking about a tertiary stat budget of 5822 not including color crystals.

1591 accuracy and 663 alacrity eat up 2254 points of that, leaving you with 3568. Take off the crit rating and that would leave you with 130 points left which is one purple 74 (rating 286) "Versatile" (mastery) augment. Plus, you could put War Hero (mastery) crystals in your MH/OH.

Alternatively, if you go for the 1.3s GCD, you have 1857 points of teritary stats left over after accuracy and alacrity. There's no room in that build for Mastery so your color crystals should be Eviscerating.