Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback

OlBuzzard
04.06.2021 , 01:00 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Some of the large hooks on the wall in the center room on the imp stronghold can't be changed and then there is a couple floor hooks overlooking the fleet in the republic stronghold that can't be changed. I was going to change those into the large ones like the other two but you can't.
I wonder how much of this stuff is due to incomplete DL's or other DL related issues.

Since this AM I can only log into certain areas of this forum. No corrupted files involved .. just can't get there.

I'm even having difficulty attempting to send PM's ... This happens from time to time. And always right after an "update" on the game !!

I'm quite certain that this is all somehow related.

EDIT: ... UPDATE:

** Unable to confirm the Empire side ...
** I have been able to change ALL wall layouts on the Republic side... and Now checking the floor !! (So far ... so good).

CAN anyone else confirm the same "gap" or "open space view" in the room I was talking about. I just checked on that one .. and it's still showing up for me !!

(Kind of cool in a way... almost like walking into a glass room and seeing the planets in front, top, bottom and sides with all of the furniture and everything else in the room suspended in place !! )
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

Sarova
04.06.2021 , 04:14 PM | #72
Feedback after patch (Vaiken Spacedock Penthouse - Empire):
Positive:
The lift now works and has exit locations, Yay!

Negative:
Large wall hooks still can have their layouts changed. We need to be given the option to change these. Here are the options we should have (screenshot from a Nar Shaddaa Stronghold):
https://imgur.com/a/9lreB2Z
  • Large
  • Medium Column
  • Medium & Small Mix A
  • Medium & Small Mix B
  • Small Columns

Note: Carrick Station (Republic) large wall layouts CAN be altered
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

MaximusRex
04.06.2021 , 10:10 PM | #73
Overall I like the space. I would like to see 2-3 smaller room off the sides of the long hall that can act as bedrooms/offices. I don't think they even need to be as big as the rooms on the second floor of the DK apartment, or the rooms in the Rishi living space.

Even though I understand it wouldn't be functional per se, I would also like to see an entrance on fleet that you can click on to bring up the directory.

I also agree that more needs to be done to make the view into the VIP lounge look more like active fleet instead of looking like fleet would look with no players in it. If you are really clever the scenes could even change with events.

I am torn on the centerpiece hooks as they are difficult to use with non-centerpiece items and converting it doesn't give you many good layouts. Maybe if more options for conversion that would add a lot more large, medium, and small hooks would make it more palatable. Honestly the hook system needs to be simplified to give us more choices on what to place where, with larger offsets to allow sus more control.

Stradlin
04.07.2021 , 03:00 AM | #74
"Dev, can I have a fleet SH?"
https://imgur.com/EZXWNiQ

"No, we have a fleet SH in game"

in game...
https://imgur.com/MZxSxfk

There's Coruscant, DK and NS that all deliver the futuristic scifi penthouse vibe. Huge portions of Alderaan and whatnot also rub this itch. SH in fleet could have been something with bit more Navy and Military and "srs bsns" vibe to it. But nah. Guess I need one more SH where to put a bed in!

DarkhenRahl
04.07.2021 , 04:00 AM | #75
Hi Dev team,

Please, please, why, why the stronghold is so dismal ???!!!

Where is the grandiose ?? We are in space, l need, we need ,we need to see the stars not walls, comone pls.

For me this new stonghold, is a cellar, it lacks ambition, please by the Force, more space, more stars...

thx dev team
Il n'y a pas de Lumière s'en Ténèbres et il n'y a pas de Ténèbres s'en Lumière, mes la Lumière peut s'éteindre pas les Ténèbres...

OlBuzzard
04.07.2021 , 07:28 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhenRahl View Post
Hi Dev team,

Please, please, why, why the stronghold is so dismal ???!!!

Where is the grandiose ?? We are in space, l need, we need ,we need to see the stars not walls, comone pls.

For me this new stonghold, is a cellar, it lacks ambition, please by the Force, more space, more stars...

thx dev team
Well .. in their defese:
** This is an apartment style. You may get a "view" ... you may not. At best you'll get one area that is facing the stars. The rest really should be walled in. IMO That part they got right!
** If a significant part was "view" you'd just see more of the "fleet" or arms of the space station (more than likely).
** A number of folks had requested a smaller "apartment type" complex. And there has been at least one post that has suggested that this is a VERY LARGE apartment.

The over all scale for a SH is not too bad really. It's kind of large for an apartment ... but not too overwhelming. Although if someone were wanting to use one room for a "bedroom" setting ... all of the rooms might be too large for that.

Aside from that the over all scale seems to be reasonably well done (IMO) .
"Tear down this wall"

Sarova
04.07.2021 , 09:57 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Although if someone were wanting to use one room for a "bedroom" setting ... all of the rooms might be too large for that.
I'm hoping they split the larger sideroom into two, however, in case they don't, I'm already planning my "cribs" style mega bedroom It will be ridiculously opulent and unnecessary and probably have a water feature or two. Or three.
My Rishi

casirabit
04.07.2021 , 01:20 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Well .. in their defese:
** This is an apartment style. You may get a "view" ... you may not. At best you'll get one area that is facing the stars. The rest really should be walled in. IMO That part they got right!
** If a significant part was "view" you'd just see more of the "fleet" or arms of the space station (more than likely).
** A number of folks had requested a smaller "apartment type" complex. And there has been at least one post that has suggested that this is a VERY LARGE apartment.

The over all scale for a SH is not too bad really. It's kind of large for an apartment ... but not too overwhelming. Although if someone were wanting to use one room for a "bedroom" setting ... all of the rooms might be too large for that.

Aside from that the over all scale seems to be reasonably well done (IMO) .
If they don't you can use the stone walls to make rooms as someone else has demonstrated so there is still a lot you can do if you use those walls to divide up the rooms.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Sarova
04.07.2021 , 01:37 PM | #79
If they don't you can use the stone walls to make rooms as someone else has demonstrated so there is still a lot you can do if you use those walls to divide up the rooms.
I always forget this is possible. Great reminder.
Here's how I used the room that looks out to space for a bedroom:
View 1
View 2

EDIT: The medium floor hooks need to have to option to alter the layouts to narrow and small hooks please as currently plain medium is preventing us placing personnel and small civic/environmental decorations.
My nightclub/cantina is ruined without it's small hook only singer in the right place /cry
My Rishi

OlBuzzard
04.07.2021 , 03:09 PM | #80
I actually thought of using one of the rooms and set it up like a "loft style" apartment room ... bed to one side ... GTN access on the other side with some other appropriate dressings in between. The cargo storage as well as mail box and Legacy storage will fit in there as well too. Throw in a couple of Wampa rugs and call it good !!

There is a LOT that can be done along those lines !!
"Tear down this wall"