Darth Rivix Appreciation Thread <3 <3 <3 haters make your own!

Sarova

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Darth Rivix is a really interesting character? Even if he would murder you in your sleep, this is definitely someone my dark Sith Lords want on their team romanceable or not (however, romanceable please)!

So, bring your love for Rivix!

I thought we would have seen more of him by now. (In my little corner of self pity, every story thread I am interested has been sidelined for yet more Valkorion family drama. Yawn.) We have been starved of new male romance interests. Well starved of new romances in general, but at least there are reasonable casual flirts for female npcs. Where is the male counterpart to Major Anri? General Sharkboy sure isn't it, though I do like him in that friendzone kind of way.

Has he even been around long enough to hate or like jesus lol :p

I thought we would have seen more of him by now. (In my little corner of self pity, every story thread I am interested has been sidelined for yet more Valkorion family drama. Yawn.) We have been starved of new male romance interests. Well starved of new romances in general, but at least there are reasonable casual flirts for female npcs. Where is the male counterpart to Major Anri? General Sharkboy sure isn't it, though I do like him in that friendzone kind of way.

At the rate at which they're moving through content to the next phase (tau/arn/anri hasen't even been mentioned lately and they were supposed to be some of the new ones), and at the rate characters come in and out, don't expect anything too juicy like in the past with SoR and the Kotfe arc. Especially since content seems to be gettng smaller and smaller. Think the days of romances having the depth of Lana and Theron or even the vanilla companions are behind us.

Edited by Jaxterone

Has he even been around long enough to hate or like jesus lol

At the rate at which they're moving through content to the next phase (arn hasen't even been mentioned lately), and at the rate characters come in and out, don't expect anything too juicy like in the past with SoR and the Kotfe arc. Think the days of romances having the depth of Lana and Theron or even the vanilla companions are behind us.

At this point I'd settle for some fun flirts with someone good looking. There has been a huge gender gap as far as that goes for the past few years. Hell, Bioware has been loath to even create good looking male npcs that we can't flirt with :( I well understand that Bioware can't afford to put depth into the story any more, but they certainly can treat the genders equally when making shallow content! For example, this guy could have been really fun. He has a great voice and his female partner is both cute and flirtable.

At this point I'd settle for some fun flirts with someone good looking. There has been a huge gender gap as far as that goes for the past few years. Hell, Bioware has been loath to even create good looking male npcs that we can't flirt with :( I well understand that Bioware can't afford to put depth into the story any more, but they certainly can treat the genders equally when making shallow content! For example, this guy could have been really fun. He has a great voice and his female partner is both cute and flirtable.

I feel that, I stopped playing around 2018 due to losing interest in addition to being upset with the poor writing, and things not getting fixed. I just recently came back to test the waters and see if I stick around. But I feel you on the gender gap statement, Bioware and the writers in general have not been the kindest to the hetero women or gay men. Killing off or greatly underusing your best options in the story. Setting only your romance options up for failure and eventual death but none of the females. Having romanced both female and male characters. I've noticed a trend with Bioware to make all the male romance options either become traitors, or do something stupid or unforgivable that ends in their death. While most of the female romance options get to remain perfect and unquestionably loyal. It's a writing trend that some one at Bioware needs to get over, or hire some new fresh talent.

The biggest sin of this was

giving Theron a ridiculous betrayal arc that just about almost sabotages all the good will the character built up over the expansions beyond repair, then killing him off leaving him in such a rough spot and a very low sitting for a character sign off and also leaving him in a state where even a live version can't get true redemption due to being expendable in the story.

For a company who parades around representation and inclusivity and doesn't mind using these characters on their twitter banners to show their support, they don't really seem to translate that well in game no. So yes, I feel that.

He is interesting as far as an obvious spy race can be interesting. If he should develop sincere loyality for us it could be intriguing.

But I don´t find him attractive at all. He looks like a bootleg Pureblood.

I´d rather romance Darth Xarion - he still could be attractive under that mask. And he has the better voice.

Or you know they could give us real Pureblood romance - Lord Cytharat is still out there.

He is interesting as far as an obvious spy race can be interesting. If he should develop sincere loyality for us it could be intriguing.

But I don´t find him attractive at all. He looks like a bootleg Pureblood.

I´d rather romance Darth Xarion - he still could be attractive under that mask. And he has the better voice.

Or you know they could give us real Pureblood romance - Lord Cytharat is still out there.

Cytharat is a pipe dream at this point lmao. They didn't even bother to have him show up later in the expansion he was in after getting hurt. He gone.

ASSUME POSSIBLE SPOILERS: (from the Twitch thing)

Given that Darth Rivix will be joining us in the next story update, I think he'd be a great permanent companion and/or romance option for Empire characters especially since he's probably a Zeltron (given what Vector says too). Well that and Republic characters are probably going to get Arn.

Edited by Sarova

Get yourself a knight, and grab a hold of zaddy Scourge, that's as close you're gonna get lol

Nah and nah.

I´ll do what any reasonable person would do: have many toons with the Makeb quest and stop progressing when you can last talk to him. So I can see him whenever I want. IDK maybe I need help?

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Darth Rivix is a really interesting character? Even if he would murder you in your sleep, this is definitely someone my dark Sith Lords want on their team romanceable or not (however, romanceable please)!

So, bring your love for Rivix!

You're definitely not the only one.:D

I've been impatiently waiting for Rivix to make another appearance (beyond letters) for over a year now! The news pumped me so much that I resubbed and bring his future wife up to speed with the story ;)

Has he even been around long enough to hate or like jesus lol :p

For me personally it took as long as to see him walk downstairs and open his mouth. YMMV;)

100% This ^^

Darth Rivix looks interesting from what we've seen and know of him, so yeah, I'd be happy to see more of him, and have other romance options come up, as well as expanding on the ones we have like Theron and Quinn and Jonas :D (Yes, I'm a broken record lol). :cool:

Edited by Lunafox

Jonas has been the counter - several flirts available for him. Personally I hope it's going places!

You're definitely not the only one.:D

I've been impatiently waiting for Rivix to make another appearance (beyond letters) for over a year now! The news pumped me so much that I resubbed and bring his future wife up to speed with the story ;)

Lammia!!! Long time no see! I'm glad there's someone else who thinks like me :D

I'm currently levelling a (nother) Sith Inq on my main server (DM) in the hope that the Devs cave to our "demands" and make Rivix a permanent companion and love interest. I have another sitting dormant at level 75 on SF waiting the same.

I think I need to update my signature...

Rivix and Jonas are both under-used. Why allow flirting if we can't ever see them again?

Is Jonas not already

killable?

Lmao do we even trust in Bioware THAT much still with male LI's seeing as how they do that to all of them in the blink of an eye. Meanwhile......

Malora falls off a whole cliff, and survives lmao

Rivix might have a better shot being Imperial, but one thing's for certain if you're Male AND Republic AND a flirt/Romance option in this game, death awaits lmao. Arn's clock is already ticking yall. Two things bioware will always cater to more; The more populated imperial side, and LI's for the male players.

Edited by vallixas

Lammia!!! Long time no see! I'm glad there's someone else who thinks like me :D

I'm currently levelling a (nother) Sith Inq on my main server (DM) in the hope that the Devs cave to our "demands" and make Rivix a permanent companion and love interest. I have another sitting dormant at level 75 on SF waiting the same.

I think I need to update my signature...

I'm clinging to hope that he's a Force user boy to love they sort-of promised. Arcann isn't an option for many (and for those he is, there is no reason not to add more choices), so can't be fully counted, Arn is Pub side, so Imp side should get one too.

I finished bringing up to date a girl for him yesterday.

I lost hope to ever see Malavai, so at least I'd like someone new to be happy to see in game, and this one stole my heart for a number of reasons.:D I really hope he's going to become a comp and I can hang out with him.

Rivix seems like a potentially interesting addition to the cast, but I have some trouble seeing him as more than 'potentially anything' just yet. I suppose it's not just him, though. There's a lot of potential but not a lot of screen time out there.

I guess we can always hope. :p

I'm clinging to hope that he's a Force user boy to love they sort-of promised. Arcann isn't an option for many (and for those he is, there is no reason not to add more choices), so can't be fully counted, Arn is Pub side, so Imp side should get one too.

All of this (which I probably said already but it needs to be said again. And again and again and again! :D

I lost hope to ever see Malavai, so at least I'd like someone new to be happy to see in game, and this one stole my heart for a number of reasons.:D I really hope he's going to become a comp and I can hang out with him.

I still have hope for more content with Malavai, however Darth Rivix would be great. Whilst I have a couple of Sith waiting in hope for him as a companion, an agent

who chose to be free of control in the class story

would probably be a good match for Rivix too, given his Zeltron abilities. Did they ever confirm that Darth Rivix is a Zeltron? Not everyone (meaning all classes) gets the

1-2-1 conversation with Vector

that hints at it.