Waking up in a strange place

foxmob

a couple days ago, I thought I alt-f4'd in my nar shaddaa sh. but when I logged back in the next day, I was standing in front of the pvp terminal (where I was before I'd ported to the sh). eh. no big. I must've "misremembered."

yesterday, it happened again, except I was inside an h2 on tattooine. ported to my sh. alt-f4. logged back in and I was on tattooine. wow. did I try LSD in my teens? I don't remember...

then it happened again tonight. I went to fleet. turned in the pvp daily. went to my sh. did house keeping and DCing and stuff. alt-f4. came back 30 mins later (the short duration is how I'm certain this time!), and I was back in front of the pvp terminal again.

the force is a feisty l'il beotch. :rolleyes:

Edited by foxmob

a couple days ago, I thought I alt-f4'd in my nar shaddaa sh. but when I logged back in the next day, I was standing in front of the pvp terminal (where I was before I'd ported to the sh). eh. no big. I must've "misremembered."

yesterday, it happened again, except I was inside an h2 on tattooine. ported to my sh. alt-f4. logged back in and I was on tattooine. wow. did I try LSD in my teens? I don't remember...

then it happened again tonight. I went to fleet. turned in the pvp daily. went to my sh. did house keeping and DCing and stuff. alt-f4. came back 30 mins later (the short duration is how I'm certain this time!), and I was back in front of the pvp terminal again.

the force is a feisty l'il beotch. :rolleyes:

Why do you alt f4 as opposed to using quit game on the menu as it was designed for? Alt f4 is a force quit of the game, no wonder it goes strange.

Why do you alt f4 as opposed to using quit game on the menu as it was designed for? Alt f4 is a force quit of the game, no wonder it goes strange.

^ This.

The "logout" process allows the game to save the last position of the toon.

When you Alt+F4 you are bypassing that, so the game defaults to the last save transition, which will have been as you transitioned away from "wherever" to your SH.

I'll bet if you use Logout rather than Alt+F4 this aberrant behaviour will stop.

All The Best

I have had a similar issue since patch 6.2. Sometimes when I switch back and forth between my characters (even without quitting the game), some character will leave their stronghold and travel to the fleet (quite frequent) or to some planet (happened once or twice) while I'm connected to another one.

I've had this problem since 5.x somewhere. It doesn't happen a lot, but it happens. And it's not from Alt-F4. I've seen it from regular logout and quit. Or just from changing characters and then changing back. No idea what actually causes it though. I've just learned to accept it if I end up on fleet.

I quit the game with Esc Esc Quit -- once in a great while, this happens to me.

I'll go to my guild SH or my DK SH to clear up my inventory, then re-log later at my previous location.

It's really rare, so it never bothered me. I, too, wondered if I was being forgetful at first!

Edited by Xina_LA

This happened to me yesterday too. One of my characters logged out in my NS stronghold, and when she logged in again she was in a hangar on the Fleet. Never had this happen before the last update, and I always log out/quit game using the menu.

lol Biofail deleted my entire post for about 6 characters (1 word). job is tough. here, homogenoized for delicate Biofail "ears"

it's never been an issue before.

the logout process takes longer. there's an asinine verification step. (reasonable for quitting outside of rest areas but not within them)

the thought that I may not have given the server enough time to log my position had crossed my mind, but 1) all of the DCing and gear cleaning/vending I did had not changed, and 2) I was certain that I was doing the house cleaning in my SH for quite a long time, including passing credits via legacy with about 5 different toons.

did I mention this behavior is new?

I'm not some dude stamping my foot and demanding the world conform to my exact conception of how I think it should be. I just thought it was funny b/c it took a while to figure out that I wasn't tripping (I am usually tired when I shutdown). I know where the bug report section is.

When you choose quit game rather then swap characters it's literally only like a second longer. Have never had it take any longer then that to feel the need to alt f4. Just choose immediate rather then the countdown. Some games are programmed to use alt f4 as a regular menu quit, others aren't. Don't think there's any real way to know which category swtor falls under.

Edited by Suzsi

LMAO ah...BW.... I am posting this for no reason at all. certainly not because I had to clean it up. and I cannot say whether it was removed or no. b/c I don't want to get into trouble for explaining why I may have posted it out of order.

it's never been an issue before.

the logout process takes longer. there's an asinine verification step. (reasonable for quitting outside of rest areas but not within them)

the thought that I may not have given the server enough time to log my position had crossed my mind, but 1) all of the DCing and gear cleaning/vending I did had not changed, and 2) I was certain that I was doing the house cleaning in my SH for quite a long time, including passing credits via legacy with about 5 different toons.

did I mention this behavior is new?

I'm not some dude stamping my foot and demanding the world conform to my exact conception of how I think it should be. I just thought it was funny b/c it took a while to figure out that I wasn't tripping (I am usually tired when I shutdown). I know where the bug report section is.