Bounty Hunting Event Issue

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We've identified an unfortunate issue in the Bounty Hunting Event that went live with today's patch. As a result, we have had to turn off the ability to complete the affected Mission by temporarily removing the Mission accept and turn-in terminals.

The team is actively working on a fix; in the meantime, we'd recommend that you not continue participating in the event until a fix has been implemented, as that progress may be lost. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy Double XP, Renown, Starfighter, and PvP points throughout the rest of the galaxy!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting bounty week at the same time as double XP. Interesting decision. As it is bounty week should not just be one week a month. Not everyone has state of the art pc's. Nearly impossible to do bounties due to all the lag and everyone falling over each other. Not to mention gankers coming in at the last second to kill your bounty before you have a chance to freeze them. It needs to be at least two straight weeks from now on or left on indefinitely.

Any chance the event will be extended accordingly? Even more than the Double XP, I was looking forward to grinding out some bounties this week, and would rather not have to wait another month (or more).

I second that notion.

Is there an ETA on this fix?

Edited by Banthabreeder

I only did one kingpin (Alderaan) on the imperial side yesterday. I had no problems with the [weekly] mission from the Solo Activities window or the mission turn-in. I got a Completed Bounty Contract in my currency tab. I did not have any problems with it, but then again I'm at maximum reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association so if there was a problem with rep I wouldn't have noticed it.

Usually when they do emergency things like this its because of some exploit. Exploits often take priority for downtime or removal server side over fixes that make life better for the players.

I don't seen any issue with it.. I have done 10 bounty contracts and 2 kingpin bounties in a row 😞 All my hard work vanish like this 😭

from what i've heard, the issue was that people took multiple missions per char, and were able to hand them in too, so exploiting the fact you are supposed to only had in onea day for each char. (or two, if the char can do Kingpins, 1 normal, 1 Kingpin) So hopefully it won't affect anyone who handed in the normal amount, etx.

from what i've heard, the issue was that people took multiple missions per char, and were able to hand them in too, so exploiting the fact you are supposed to only had in onea day for each char. (or two, if the char can do Kingpins, 1 normal, 1 Kingpin) So hopefully it won't affect anyone who handed in the normal amount, etx.

So those who participated in the exploit will be banned? Cause I might lose a couple guildies then....

So those who participated in the exploit will be banned? Cause I might lose a couple guildies then....

I hope not, especially since they change some things without posting the changes in the patch notes. It's hard to know sometimes if it's a bug or a behind-the-scenes change. So if you see things like the bounty hunter missions no longer being once a day per char, is that a bug or a QOL change?

Take the new 'no need to buy the unlock to level up crew skills from 600 to 700'. I assumed that was a QOL thing, but what if it's a bug? Does every player who ended up upgrading their skills deserve a ban? I was gathering grade 11 nodes on my 600 locked chars for months without bothering to buy the upgrade, then 'poof' suddenly start getting crew skill upgrades.

I hope not, especially since they change some things without posting the changes in the patch notes. It's hard to know sometimes if it's a bug or a behind-the-scenes change. So if you see things like the bounty hunter missions no longer being once a day per char, is that a bug or a QOL change?

If people even see it. I know some people - am one myself - who simply let the window automatically close itself when clicking on a second bounty just to save a few seconds time. Instead, of closing, they would have ended up with extra missions. Some of them might have abandoned the missions because they thought something was wrong 'knowing' that we're only supposed to have one Henchman and one Kingpin contract a day (myself included, admittedly), but some of them might have thought like you said, that it was an intended change along with the repeatable Planetary Bonus Missions and such, and completed them in good faith without knowing there was a problem...

I don't seen any issue with it.. I have done 10 bounty contracts and 2 kingpin bounties in a row 😞 All my hard work vanish like this 😭

It's always been the case that you can only do one Henchman/day. No idea about Kingpins, but no way you thought, after Henchman number 10 that something was odd?

Unless you mean on 10 different characters? In which case, I apologise.

Edited by CJ_Arcturus

...Not to mention gankers coming in at the last second to kill your bounty before you have a chance to freeze them.

I had this happen to me today - I just managed to freeze them. If you're waiting to use the beacon, then wait to use the beacon not everyone wants to flat-out kill their targets. Please be considerate of other players. Thanks.

Edited by CJ_Arcturus

Not sure if there has been any 'Offical' word, just it's what people were saying, so not sure what, if any actions , will or won't be taken. Most people have the sense to know that it's not supposed to work like that, i hope so anyway. As for the crew skills, it's slightly different, as it levels up as you gather, so they really couldn't punish you for it, if it wasn't intended.

Edited by DarkTergon

Hey everyone,

We've identified an unfortunate issue in the Bounty Hunting Event that went live with today's patch. As a result, we have had to turn off the ability to complete the affected Mission by temporarily removing the Mission accept and turn-in terminals.

The team is actively working on a fix; in the meantime, we'd recommend that you not continue participating in the event until a fix has been implemented, as that progress may be lost. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy Double XP, Renown, Starfighter, and PvP points throughout the rest of the galaxy!

Will there be an alternate time for the event or will there be an extension to the event?

Not sure if there has been any 'Offical' word, just it's what people were saying, so not sure what, if any actions , will or won't be taken. Most people have the sense to know that it's not supposed to work like that, i hope so anyway. As for the crew skills, it's slightly different, as it levels up as you gather, so they really couldn't punish you for it, if it wasn't intended.

Honestly, the one a day BBA missions made grinding rep super awful, if they took this as a chance to help alleviate the grind by maybe increasing it to 2 bounties per day at the cost of missing a kingpin I feel that would be a worthy trade off

Will there be an alternate time for the event or will there be an extension to the event?

Or at least any word on when the BCW will either have the terminals reactivated or be given an early end and rescheduled? I can't speak for anyone else, but not knowing if I'll be able to turn in the missions that were started before the terminals were pulled is starting to frustrate a little...

Or at least any word on when the BCW will either have the terminals reactivated or be given an early end and rescheduled? I can't speak for anyone else, but not knowing if I'll be able to turn in the missions that were started before the terminals were pulled is starting to frustrate a little...

I was unaware there was a problem and was able to buy a kingpin contract.. it disappeared after buying it and still took my 5 contracts.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was unaware there was a problem and was able to buy a kingpin contract.. it disappeared after buying it and still took my 5 contracts.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is supposed to be consumed when you read it. Did you allow the channel to complete? Not the full "reading the contract" channel but the subsequent "skimming" channel?

Just to clarify-Were you unable to pick up the Kingpin mission from the bounty mission terminal after using the item? I might be taking your statement that you bought the contract too literally, but it sounds like maybe you thought you were buying a contract that would add a mission to your log upon using it, when you really bought authorization to pick the Kingpin mission up from the terminal.

Just to clarify-Were you unable to pick up the Kingpin mission from the bounty mission terminal after using the item? I might be taking your statement that you bought the contract too literally, but it sounds like maybe you thought you were buying a contract that would add a mission to your log upon using it, when you really bought authorization to pick the Kingpin mission up from the terminal.

I think that's where I went wrong. I used the contract (to add it to the terminal, but I guess the terminals aren't there while they try to fix the bug.

Nah. They weren't able to fix Dantooine without the pandemic going on, and they haven't announced a downtime for Thursday or Friday. Fixing it is never the priority, removing the exploit is. The event is toast now. They will hopefully fix it before the event returns in 8-11 weeks, the difference depending on 6.1.2 and the introduction the new swoop racing gang related event, which might be 2 weeks in a row like Dantooine was when it was first introduced.