Quality of life fixes for PVP

abhaxus

1) Similar to the change which limits healers and tanks to 1 per group when queued, the queue should also limit one member per spec. This will encourage more creativity in grouping vs stacking whatever DPS is current meta. This change automatically limits the impact of any particular spec being overpowered. While I will certainly miss the "just for fun" games with 4 players of the same spec blowing people up, I think this will improve gameplay in all queues significantly.

2) When hindered (ex by net), players should gain a 60 second buff preventing them from being affected by hinder. This a huge quality of life improvement for nearly every class.

3) The buff gained from operative roll should be affected by alacrity, rather than being a flat 1.5s. This will fix what I believe is one of the main issues people have with concealment operatives - the roll animation ends but the operative is still immune for 0.1 or 0.2 seconds longer. Tying the buff to alacrity will cause the immunity and roll animation to be synced (notwithstanding the lag/netcode issues), and will improve player experience dramatically, while being a relatively small nerf from the perspective of the operative.

1) Similar to the change which limits healers and tanks to 1 per group when queued, the queue should also limit one member per spec. This will encourage more creativity in grouping vs stacking whatever DPS is current meta. This change automatically limits the impact of any particular spec being overpowered. While I will certainly miss the "just for fun" games with 4 players of the same spec blowing people up, I think this will improve gameplay in all queues significantly.

The problem with that is that weaker specs will still get steamrolled by the meta specs that do show up. So if someone goes into a queue with a Hatred Sin, instead of getting ruined by three Concealment Operatives, they can die to one Concealment Operative, a Deception Sin, and an AP Powertech. Sure, it will encourage more variety in specs, but without class balance, the meta won’t change.

2) When hindered (ex by net), players should gain a 60 second buff preventing them from being affected by hinder. This a huge quality of life improvement for nearly every class.

100% honesty, I don’t think Electro Net should even exist. It’s the only ability I can think of that feels tailor-made for PvP alone, because what use does that have in PvE? That kind of imbalance contributes to a lot of the problems in PvP. And yes, I know that net is the one consistent way to shut down Ops/Scoundrels, and that is a problem in and of itself.

3) The buff gained from operative roll should be affected by alacrity, rather than being a flat 1.5s. This will fix what I believe is one of the main issues people have with concealment operatives - the roll animation ends but the operative is still immune for 0.1 or 0.2 seconds longer. Tying the buff to alacrity will cause the immunity and roll animation to be synced (notwithstanding the lag/netcode issues), and will improve player experience dramatically, while being a relatively small nerf from the perspective of the operative.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. The extra immunity is tied to a class perk. Alacrity won’t change that. Now if you’re talking about getting rid of that perk altogether, then I can get behind that. It will help, though roll can still be used to cheese big hits. Frankly, my suggestion would be to give Ops/Scoundrels the same roll as Snipers/Slingers. That way, they keep a signature DCD, but it’s not something out of control.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. The extra immunity is tied to a class perk. Alacrity won’t change that. Now if you’re talking about getting rid of that perk altogether, then I can get behind that. It will help, though roll can still be used to cheese big hits. Frankly, my suggestion would be to give Ops/Scoundrels the same roll as Snipers/Slingers. That way, they keep a signature DCD, but it’s not something out of control.

The defensive buff from roll is 1.5 seconds on all three specs IIRC. The extra complete immunity is 1.5 seconds per roll on concealment. Both should be tied to alacrity so the defensive buff ends at the same time the roll animation ends (again, notwithstanding the lag/netcode issues)