Moving a toolbar under the one under character information section

Shawndise

I am a returning player and while the laptop I am currently using is giving me issues playing right now, I noticed that I 1) had to re-enable all my tool bars, and 2) that the second tool bar is no longer under the default one at the bottom and I can't find a away to put it back there (I used the default bar and bar 2 for my attacks and such and had the others on either side of the interface for other things like vehicles and heals.

I noticed that the section in preferences (settings) for the tool bars is now gone so what are my options as it is a pain to always have to go to one side of my screen to use the additional attacks / utility items I have on bar 2?

So you all know I have gone through the UI editor and could not find a way to but bar 2 under the default one, and I went through all the preferences as well looking for a way.

Can someone please inform me how and if I can do this.

Edited by Shawndise

I am a returning player and while the laptop I am currently using is giving me issues playing right now, I noticed that I 1) had to re-enable all my tool bars, and 2) that the second tool bar is no longer under the default one at the bottom and I can't find a away to put it back there (I used the default bar and bar 2 for my attacks and such and had the others on either side of the interface for other things like vehicles and heals.

I noticed that the section in preferences (settings) for the tool bars is now gone so what are my options as it is a pain to always have to go to one side of my screen to use the additional attacks / utility items I have on bar 2?

So you all know I have gone through the UI editor and could not find a way to but bar 2 under the default one, and I went through all the preferences as well looking for a way.

Can someone please inform me how and if I can do this.

There's different ways of handling this. The simplest is to begin a new interface layout, but starting from the "Enhanced" preset, which has QB 2 under QB 1. (The visibility of each quickbar is set in the Interface Editor. Non-visible bars, like all non-visible items, are shown in the editor in *red*. Change the "Enabled" checkbox to show/hide the item.)

EDIT: if the laptop is a machine you've never played SWTOR on before (or if it got wiped) (or if you created a new user account to play on), you will, indeed, have lost your layout(s) because they are stored on your PC rather than on the server. The fact that this or that character uses this or that layout is stored, I think, on the server, but the definition of the layout is stored on your PC so that it can take into account specific details of your specifc PC, such as e.g. your screen resolution.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Thanks for the information, in the time I have been away (unfortunately living in a shelter without access to my normal PC) things have changed a bit. as to this being a new system with a clean install on it, that is the case, thanks for the info there also.

When I go in game a little later I will make a new setup with the info you gave me, thanks again.

Edit: Some of the tool bar info does seem to be stored on the servers as all my skills and abilities are still where I left them in the tool bars, just not the actual layout I was using.

Edited by Shawndise

Edit: Some of the tool bar info does seem to be stored on the servers as all my skills and abilities are still where I left them in the tool bars, just not the actual layout I was using.

Yes, sorry, I was talking just about the layout of where the bars and other UI elements are on the screen. The abilities-to-quickbars map is definitely on the servers.

And good luck.

This doesn't sound possible**, so lets go through it step by step.

- click on Interface editor.

- find the toolbar you want (#2) and click on it.

- in the resultant pop-up, if necessary, change the aspect ratio from 1x12 (vertical) to 12x1 (horizontal). (or 2x6, 3x4, etc)

- drag the skill bar under bar 1, after making room if necessary.

- exit the editor.

- done?

Related tip - you can move/disable the XP bars at the bottom of the screen so that the skill bars can sit lower.

** It sounds as though you're looking for a setting that you just click on to put bar #2 under bar #1, but there isn't one. You need to actually get into the Interface Editor and move things to where you want them. (or accept one of the default layouts, etc.)

Edited by JediQuaker

This doesn't sound possible, so lets go through it step by step.

- click on Interface editor.

- find the toolbar you want (#2) and click on it.

- in the resultant pop-up, if necessary, change the aspect ratio from 1x12 (vertical) to 12x1 (horizontal). (or 2x6, 3x4, etc)

- drag the skill bar under bar 1

- exit the editor.

- done?

Not necessarily *just* that:

* You have to move bar 1 up to make room for bar 2.

* If you start from a preset (e.g. "Default") that doesn't have bar 2, you have to make bar 2 visible ("Enabled").

* It's simpler to start from the preset "Enhanced" which already has bar 2 in the position that OP wants.

Just a few things to add to this little discussion.

All player created UI layouts are stored locally in the "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles" folder as xml files, with the filename being whatever you named the layout in the Interface Editor.

Which UI layout you assign to a character is also stored locally. Look in the "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings" folder and you will see some *.ini files (there's at least one for every character on your account), specifically you want the "<ServerID>_<CharacterName>_PlayerGUIState.ini" files. If you open one of those files in a text editor you will find a line that reads "GUI_Current_Profile = <UIProfileName>" which is the part that tells the game which UI layout the character uses. DO NOT edit this file unless you know exactly what you are doing!

If you're having trouble with creating the layout you want, then you might want to take a look at SWTORUI where you can find some UI layouts to download.

Thanks for the information, in the time I have been away (unfortunately living in a shelter without access to my normal PC) things have changed a bit. as to this being a new system with a clean install on it, that is the case, thanks for the info there also.

When I go in game a little later I will make a new setup with the info you gave me, thanks again.

Living in a shelter?

That sounds like there's a story to go with that!

What server are you on?

Thanks guys, I used the Enhanced to get B2 where I wanted it and the second one to move B3 & B4 I believe back to the side of the screen and not at the top of the screen.

Thanks both of you, you have been very helpful.

Edited by Shawndise