Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Turn off ranked


PrivateerArris's Avatar


PrivateerArris
10.27.2021 , 02:02 PM | #1
Wintrade, hackers, bots, toxic morons, trash talks, stucking guys with ill ego, etc. What purpose in that? An elaborate mazohistic way to lengthen your khhh e-sword? Let wintraders to gain cash again and again?

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
10.27.2021 , 03:04 PM | #2
eh. I'll /stuck a hopeless match/round. and if you're enough of a jerk to cause someone to /stuck just to spite you, you kind of earned that. sorry to the rest of the team. but. eh. that's how the world works. I wouldn't kill the game b/c of it.

limenutpen's Avatar


limenutpen
10.28.2021 , 03:48 AM | #3
SR needs to go, TR can stay. Its too much toxicity as the OP is saying.
If you want to make SR make it 1vs1. Like that everyone is responsible for his actions.

xXSchmedlyXx's Avatar


xXSchmedlyXx
10.28.2021 , 07:49 AM | #4
Im stuck on the gain cash part.

Gain cash from what? Its not like BioWare makes payouts to top 3 finishes in cash.

xXSchmedlyXx's Avatar


xXSchmedlyXx
10.28.2021 , 08:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
SR needs to go, TR can stay. Its too much toxicity as the OP is saying.
If you want to make SR make it 1vs1. Like that everyone is responsible for his actions.
If you made it 1vs1. You might as well make it Operative vs Operative.

Making sr a 1v1 game mode would make most classes irrelevant in solo ranked.

Making any ranked dueling gamemode at all would result in the same classes being played 24/7.
Globalbait

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
10.28.2021 , 11:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xXSchmedlyXx View Post
If you made it 1vs1. You might as well make it Operative be Operative.

Making sr a 1v1 game mode would make most classes irrelevant in solo ranked.

Making any ranked dueling gamemode at all would result in the same classes being played 24/7.
but...

but...

street fighter 2 is 1v1. that's a "real" pvp game....

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
10.28.2021 , 01:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
eh. I'll /stuck a hopeless match/round. and if you're enough of a jerk to cause someone to /stuck just to spite you, you kind of earned that. sorry to the rest of the team. but. eh. that's how the world works
This is a seriously awful take. And it's just flat out wrong.

Now if you're just talking about stucking in the middle of the round after it becomes hopeless, then that's fine. Literally everyone does that.

But if you're ever stucking it pre-round, that is ****** behavior, infinitely worse than being a jerk in chat. And it doesn't matter even the tiniest bit what someone has said to you. If you decide to throw a round, that is 100% on you. Putting any blame whatsoever on someone who merely typed mean words in chat is completely ridiculous.

Not to mention, most of the people that /stuck on others do it for arbitrary reasons. Almighty and moophy stuck it when their teams don't agree to do their dumb strats, for example.

People that throw like that are the only ones to blame, period. No one should ever be thrown on for **** talking. If someone crosses the line into harassment, you can report them. And no matter what they say, suck it up and play the game.

And I say this as someone who very rarely **** talks, and when I do it's specific ("why are you hitting the op when merc is the target" etc).

TheOverMind-'s Avatar


TheOverMind-
10.28.2021 , 02:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PrivateerArris View Post
Wintrade, hackers, bots, toxic morons, trash talks, stucking guys with ill ego, etc. What purpose in that? An elaborate mazohistic way to lengthen your khhh e-sword? Let wintraders to gain cash again and again?
I understand everything about that but you have to overcome the trash talkers/bots morons/stucking guys, otherwise you will just suffer and suffer and suffer containing all the bad emotions. You know how I felt when I tried to get at least 1.3k elo? It's pretty low? Yes. In 11 months I was dropping and raising between 900 to 1.2k elo. I stopped to obtain the goal. Why? English isnt my primary language so I cannot communicate properly and then I don't discord. Which means my chances are dropping dramatically to get a good elo. So I left my goal. The most harsh thing I never did but now i feel way better.

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
10.28.2021 , 04:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
This is a seriously awful take. And it's just flat out wrong.

Now if you're just talking about stucking in the middle of the round after it becomes hopeless, then that's fine. Literally everyone does that.

But if you're ever stucking it pre-round, that is ****** behavior, infinitely worse than being a jerk in chat. And it doesn't matter even the tiniest bit what someone has said to you. If you decide to throw a round, that is 100% on you. Putting any blame whatsoever on someone who merely typed mean words in chat is completely ridiculous.

Not to mention, most of the people that /stuck on others do it for arbitrary reasons. Almighty and moophy stuck it when their teams don't agree to do their dumb strats, for example.

People that throw like that are the only ones to blame, period. No one should ever be thrown on for **** talking. If someone crosses the line into harassment, you can report them. And no matter what they say, suck it up and play the game.

And I say this as someone who very rarely **** talks, and when I do it's specific ("why are you hitting the op when merc is the target" etc).
lol "flat wrong." dude. no. it's an observation of fact (from the latin factus, "thing that has been done", from the verb facio, "to do" i.e., precedent, observed behavior). when I played, numerous players threw on nikana, and they did so b/c he was verbally abusive and drove those players to sacrifice their game to spite him. interestingly enough, nik knew this and seemed to accept it when he saw a certain person in the match. you reap what you sow.

I find it somewhat comical that you don't understand this fact. it's a fact. you don't have to like it. you don't have to agree with the behavior as correct (sportsman or gentlemanly), but it is a fact as in "this happens": you piss on someone long and hard enough, they're going to flip.

and your examples of players /stucking has literally nothing to do with my point.

however, I have no pangs of conscience with /stuck in a match when my teammate dies before I can drop a 2nd gcd on my target, particularly if it's the same person who did the same thing the previous round. and if THAT also offends your sensibilities, then I'll just have to live with not being you and thus not feel your pain/anger.

I do however empathize with you about players using /stuck b/c they don't like your strat. not that it has anything to do with what I was talking about.

lastly, do you really not understand that you're drawing hard lines in the sand that are largely subjective? honor is not an objective construct.

edit: example...
Quote: Originally Posted by cflems View Post
Nope nope nope. Please no more tanks who are there to be less squishy dps. Tanks have a separate role much like healers, which is to guardswap and taunt, which is why they have a separate role in matchmaking. If you aren't willing to do that just play vengeance or rage with grit teeth. Neither will really die in regs unless you're fighting like 5 people at once.
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
you can perfectly fill that role as skank. and i assume you have never seen decent dps in regs. i bet you play on star forge.
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
did you read his post or what? he clearly wants to discourage skanking for being a broken side-effect of terrible balancing on BW's part. at no point in his post does even insinuate that a skank cannot taunt, guard, swap, etc.
....
and telling someone to run force bound in regs. I mean. really dude. do you just go around looking for oil pipelines you can cut open where they pass through a forest or something? have some concern for the greater good.
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
he asked whats best ....

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
10.28.2021 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
lol "flat wrong." dude. no. it's an observation of fact (from the latin factus, "thing that has been done", from the verb facio, "to do" i.e., precedent, observed behavior). when I played, numerous players threw on nikana, and they did so b/c he was verbally abusive and drove those players to sacrifice their game to spite him. interestingly enough, nik knew this and seemed to accept it when he saw a certain person in the match. you reap what you sow.
My views on nikana are well documented elsewhere (and sometimes here when the posts aren't removed lol). It's not as if you'll ever find me defending his behavior. But the people that you say /stuck on him (which I've personally never seen by the way) are even worse.

That part that's wrong in your first post is "he kind of earned that". The word "earn" implies that it's a necessary return from something he did. It's not. And you just used similar language here again: "you reap what you sow" and "he drove those players..." is implying that nikana is the one in the wrong in that situation. He isn't. Being verbally abusive is not remotely as bad as actually throwing on someone.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
I find it somewhat comical that you don't understand this fact. it's a fact. you don't have to like it. you don't have to agree with the behavior as correct (sportsman or gentlemanly), but it is a fact as in "this happens": you piss on someone long and hard enough, they're going to flip.
I don't deny that this sometimes happens. Obviously I've seen it happen. But it shouldn't be rationalized. It is inexcusable behavior. It should be reported and punished by Bioware.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
however, I have no pangs of conscience with /stuck in a match when my teammate dies before I can drop a 2nd gcd on my target, particularly if it's the same person who did the same thing the previous round. and if THAT also offends your sensibilities, then I'll just have to live with not being you and thus not feel your pain/anger.
I already pointed out that everyone does that kind of stucking. Some are a little quicker on the trigger than otherrs, but the principle is the same: once someone determines a round cannot be won, they usually stuck.