HK-51 just standing there... not healing me

joshuadyal

Is this a glitch, or is he just a really sucky companion? I'm a bit late; I know most people here have probably had HK-51 for years. But I just got him last night. Started using him, and... I was dying a lot. Tried to figure out why; turns out that HK-51 just stands there not freaking doing anything at all when I'm in combat. Because I'm a solo player, I usually pick damage specs for all of my characters and keep my companions on heal. But if they don't heal me and I'm in a big, messy trash mob, I'm in trouble, especially if I accidentally grab aggro from a second trash mob.

So, I guess my question was; was this just a weird one-off and when I use him again he'll work the way he's supposed to? Or does he not really work the way he's supposed to?

(To add insult to injury, while this was happening, I was in the middle of the other super annoying glitch where the music doesn't transition from one track to another, but "stacks" two or even three tracks on top of each other. So I'm dying while HK-51 is just standing there like a chump, listening to a messy muddy musical score that sounds like two people on two separate stereos competing with each other. Blegh.)

I suppose. I set him to attack a womp rat right outside of Mos Ila to test him, and he did. I'll have to see how he performs otherwise over time. Why would he have gone into passive mode? I've never had any other companion go into that mode before. Maybe I accidentally pushed the passive button at some point, or something. Weird.

I suppose. I set him to attack a womp rat right outside of Mos Ila to test him, and he did. I'll have to see how he performs otherwise over time. Why would he have gone into passive mode? I've never had any other companion go into that mode before. Maybe I accidentally pushed the passive button at some point, or something. Weird.

It's possible you hit it by accident. I've done it accidentally several times.

But if he attacked the womp rat, he should world properly now.

You'd be surprised how often it happens - lost count the number of times I had accidents lol

You'd be surprised how often it happens - lost count the number of times I had accidents lol

I can see that. But it's never happened to me before. And while I'm not some grizzled SWTOR veteran with war stories of everything imaginable happening to me, I'm not exactly a newbie either. I've got legendary player status and my account dates to somewhere in early 2012. Maybe I've just been lucky to have not done it on accident before now.

. Maybe I've just been lucky to have not done it on accident before now.

100% this. Played since beta and I did this myself just last week by accident with Jaesa. Being a veteran player doesn't save you from noob moments. You actually may get more of those moments than a new player because you get complacent

Edited by Zergnaut

I'm glad you resolved your problem. :)

Also, companions do randomly bug out. Dismissing and resummoning them usually resolves the issues.

Some bosses will also turn off some of their healing abilities, so make sure that every square on their hotbar is green. These can be toggled on and off by right clicking on them.

I'm glad it is resolved.

Myself, the only time this happens with HK is when I claim him from the legacy perks menu. He's always set to passive. Never happens when I claim Treek, but Hk is always set to passive claiming him from the menu.

Must be that. He defaults to passive for some reason, and since I've never put a companion on passive, I didn't recognize what was going on.